Quantcast

BeeZee62

Trooper parked for the winter

Well folks I've parked my Trooper for the winter .. too much snow. I've tried driving it in the snow but the throttle body kept freezing and I'd have to stop every five minutes to chip away the ice. If anyone has any ideas on how to cover the throttle body I'd be interested.

I've picked myself up a new winter ride and so far I've zero complaints! I look forward to spring time and getting the Trooper back out.

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

Barry

post-254-000875600 1292805460_thumb.jpg

Well folks I've parked my Trooper for the winter .. too much snow. I've tried driving it in the snow but the throttle body kept freezing and I'd have to stop every five minutes to chip away the ice. If anyone has any ideas on how to cover the throttle body I'd be interested.

I've picked myself up a new winter ride and so far I've zero complaints! I look forward to spring time and getting the Trooper back out.

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

Barry

post-254-000875600 1292805460_thumb.jpg

Real nice.I bet by the end of the week Lenny and rocmoc will all the mods figured out on what to do to their troopers to turn them into one of those.(LOL)

In the 70's I had a Yamaha SS396 sled that was about as fast as they came in those days. Could beat anything around. Now days it would be considerse a real sled with a donkey as an engine. Gosh they have gotten fast. Give it a little more time and the side by sides will catch up to the Snowmobiles and 450 motocrossers in preformance. Sooner or later someone is going to put something out that will have more power then most will be confortable with and suspension to go along with it.

Nice ride Ricksrb.

Lenny

In the 70's I had a Yamaha SS396 sled that was about as fast as they came in those days. Could beat anything around. Now days it would be considerse a real sled with a donkey as an engine. Gosh they have gotten fast. Give it a little more time and the side by sides will catch up to the Snowmobiles and 450 motocrossers in preformance. Sooner or later someone is going to put something out that will have more power then most will be confortable with and suspension to go along with it.

Nice ride Ricksrb.

Lenny

This is where the Trooper has an advantage already, because of the length and width plus a bigger, stronger engine that will handle future modifications because of its drivetrain configuration. There’s a thought, what will the 2016 Trooper look like and how will it perform after another 5 or 6 years of development. One thing is for sure, it will be a lot harder to get a comfortable ride, even with the best suspension possible, out of something less than the Trooper’s footprint, especialy at speed on the rough stuff.

It’s the same with speed boats, you might get a pocket rocket that will go fast on calm water, but add waves and you need a longer hull to handle the uneven surface. It’s the same on land. Why is the RZR-S more stable than the RZR and why did a RZR-4 win it’s first race it entered over the RZR-S, link http://www.atvmagonline.com/2010/10/ranger-rzr-4-wins-blue-water-desert-classic/ ? Because the RZR-S has width over the RZR & RZR-4 has width and length over the RZR & RZR-S. I can see more RZR-4s racing next year and dominating. Turn the RZR-4 into a two seater with good storage behind the drivers and passengers seats and maybe shift those seats back a bit and you might find your Snowmobile performance in UTVs now Lenny.

Cheers Mike.

Well so far I've been more than impressed with the new sled. Bone stock it has just over 160 hp, curb weight of 580 lbs and 106 ft lbs of torque and stock top speed around 115 mph .... I've been thinking about putting velcro on my gloves and the handle bars to help hold on! lol

It handles the trails like a rocket but it really comes into its own doing cross country .... it really should come with a small set of wings as it sure likes to catch air.

I have often thought we should use more motorcycle & snowmobile engines in toys. My racecar has a 1100cc Yamaha engine with a weight of around 950 lbs. Will rip you head off on acceleration and has a top speed of 150 mph when setup for roadracing. My dirtbike is 450cc with around 60 hp with a weight of 225 lbs. Again, deadly quick! Toys are great if you like SPEED.

Don't stick your gloves too well. There are times when you want to let go, LOL! I was hill climbing with my snowmobile when the world came apart. Spun around and headed back down hill out of control. I baled off and the snowmobile looked like a pinball as it hit trees on its way to the bottom. When I got to it everything was fine, bumpers at the time took all the hits. Lived in Sandpoint, ID then. See Kinarfi, I know what that white stuff is, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ

It's interesting that you mention that ... with the new 4 stroke engines and Arctic Cat has one that produces 177 hp (stock) I wonder how hard it would be to convert for dirt use? Not to mention all the after market products available such as remapping fuel, air and turbos that are available. A lot of sleds these days easily push close to 300 hp.

I used to hillclimb a professional Class A motorcycle in compitition. It had an extended rear, ran lap chains on the rear tire that would swing out about 6" (not allowed anymore) and I ran Nitro Methane. Maybe 120hp on a stripped down 260 pound Trimuph 750. Even gutted all the gears out of the transmission except one for weight savings. I had a few times when it hooked up so well that It actually started to peal out from under my grip. Fortunately the heavy acceleration period which is within about 75 feet or so from the start was nearly over and I managed to hold it. Don't want to come off the back and get caught up in the lap chains. Thats why they are no longer allowed, potentally very dangerous. Where do we send the get well cards.

Lenny

I think the Get Well Cards could be sent to a few of US, LOL! That is why when I have been rebuilding the house the complete thing has all handicap features. Don't know when I am going to hurt myself again. I just know it is coming,LOL!

rocmoc n AZ