Quantcast

Mopartist

I must be getting old !

My wife and I are planning on attending the "Ralley on the Rocks" event in Moab this May, and I was checking out some of the YouTube video's from last year. MAN!!! Are you kidding me? Most of those guys don't even wear helmets while climbing incredible angles. I don't think I would even attempt any trail rated over a 3 or so! Especially with a manual tranny. What I'm wondering is Troopers have a history of breaking axles and driveshafts right?. Do you think casual off roading on sandstone with mega traction will cause a breakage? I don't clutch dump ever (knowing that there are some weak links in the drivetrain.) What do ya think? I probably should pick up an extra drive shaft before going huh!

You ought to take a spare rear diff :) really though as long as rear driveshaft is cv style and not ujoint then you should be ok. Or take a lesson from me and pack in a extra timing belt

You ought to take a spare rear diff :) really though as long as rear driveshaft is cv style and not ujoint then you should be ok. Or take a lesson from me and pack in a extra timing belt

Geee,where oh where can he get a spare diff????(LOL)

Sounds like Snowman just HAPPENS to have one for sale........... :lol:

Actually I'm waiting till I have some time to look at the drive shaft and see if it's a CV type. It's an 08' so I'm keepin my fingers crossed that it is the CV type. :(

When I snapped off my tranny output shaft at Moab, it was my fault. Before that I had climbed everything everybody else had and some easier. Most trails have a secondary route around the harder route. Check ahead of time with who ever is running the event, they will / should know.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.