Quantcast

Fuel Controller

2scoops

I know this is an old topic, however I am running into issues with the fuel controller on my Renli. I am running the Trooper/SV controller, out of the box the setting are way off, I lost Mid and top and power.

I've adjusted it some and made very little improvement but still losing power compared to having no controller.

Can someone tell me their controllers settings they are using for a stock Trooper/SV?

• 1 month later...

Anyone that has the fuel controller on their Joyner 1100, do you have any issues with the ECU fighting it self and changing the fuel trims due to having the O2 sensors disconnected?

Do you ever have to reset the ECU then everything goes back to perfect, then after some time it goes out of whack again?

I have never had that problem with mine with both O2 sensors disconnected. I use a Innovate gauge and have the O2 sensor for that plugged into the first O2 port on the exhaust. You can have problems if you don't have the fuel controller in a certain spot at idle. The kits comes with how you can increase and decrease fuel to the injectors and I ran into a problem when I changed my air filter to a larger unit with more breathing capability and I screwed up my settings. I had a problem where just at idle and then even driving I was having some issues. Turns out the fuel controller wasn't always in control and the stock sensors were playing a part in everything. Ran like crap depending on the speed. I called Dobeck Performance who manufactures the unit and he walked me through everything. The guy is great and knows all there is. If that fuel controller isn't at a certain setting it seems not to want to actually control the fuel system anymore. Call him and you should be able to figure it out with his help. I forget his name but he has been there at least the last 3 years as I called him during the past 7 months and over 3 years ago when I got the controller.

As far as resetting the ECU, yes I have heard that. You can also just leave the battery disconnected for a good period of time and it will eventually lose the codes if there are any or for the quick reset you can touch the cables together. That is true even on our Joyners.

Good luck and let us know what you find out from him. Getting an Innovate gauge will help as you will know what air/fuel you are running at idle and at all other speeds and you will be able to dial in the controller better. The guy at Dobeck knows all about them and wiring up as well so talk to him about that too. Take care.

• 4 years later...

I know its been a long time since you've all talked about this but, I was wondering..

Would you recommend going with the EJK thing or the megasquirt / greddy Emanage blue something along thoses lines!?! I'm still N/A buy want to tune for  custom intake and exhaust!(and of course more overall power) And do plan on going with a supercharger in the future!(AMR 500) Thanks!