2012 Jamboree in California April 20th-23rd

Spring or Fall  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would you attend?

• Mid-April to Late April
    • Early November to Mid-Nov
    • Either
    • Neither

The real start dates for the California desert is Thanksgiving Weekend to Easter as it is normally a little too warm the rest of the year. We should be OK as when you get into the season, the number of people becomes insane on the weekends. Have played in these areas since the 60's. Some GREAT riding.

Location would be http://www.glamisnorthkoa.com/

Rick, will you be our Leader for this one?

We plan on doing a second site either before or after at http://www.riderplan...3/ride_562e.htm

The location was selected by Goodrich as one of the best off-road trails in the USA, http://www.4x4wire.c...=1086275&page=0

We plan to do a trip to UT, ID & WY during the summer, anyone is welcome, but it will not be the Jamboree.

rocmoc n AZ

This is a general interest Poll. The Finally decision of a date & LOCATION will be made by the majority of attendees. Finally date & location maybe entirely different if there is NO INTEREST !

rocmoc n AZ

The real start dates for the California desert is Thanksgiving Weekend to Easter as it is normally a little too warm the rest of the year. We should be OK as when you get into the season, the number of people becomes insane on the weekends. Have played in these areas since the 60's. Some GREAT riding.

We plan on doing a second site either before or after at http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05663/ride_562e.htm

The location was selected by Goodrich as one of the best off-road trails in the USA, http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Number=1086275&page=0

We plan to do a trip to UT, ID & WY during the summer, anyone is welcome, but it will not be the Jamboree.

rocmoc n AZ

just want to clarify, I know you are talking about April 2012,but November 2012? thats a long way off.Also temps in that area during April average in the 80's.This is the closest avergae report i could find.Its from Niland Ca about 15 miles south of North Glamis KOA.Bombay Beach Ca is on the Salton Sea only about 6 miles away but their reporting weather station is over 20 miles from them.

Niland weather in April

Bombay Beach weather inApril

OK, me and Mrs Brostar are thinking, just thinking about maybe coming over for the Jamboree. I’ve checked out some prices and although it wont be cheep, I’m reasonably happy with the overall cost. We would hire a RV for about 12 to 14 days and take in some of that beautiful countryside I’ve always wanted to see. One big problem is I hate flying, but we have just been up to the Cook Islands and this time it wasn’t too bad. The other problem is we would need to hire a ATV or UTV close to where it’s been held. I don’t think we are allowed to tow so is their a place where your staying that hires out vehicles or has someone got a spare ATV we could use?

I’ve voted for Easter, because the heat would kill me. One more thing, if we do come we would need more time to organise than most so would like confirmed dates and a place as soon as poss. Sorry for being a pain in the butt.

Cheers Mike.

OK, me and Mrs Brostar are thinking, just thinking about maybe coming over for the Jamboree. I’ve checked out some prices and although it wont be cheep, I’m reasonably happy with the overall cost. We would hire a RV for about 12 to 14 days and take in some of that beautiful countryside I’ve always wanted to see. One big problem is I hate flying, but we have just been up to the Cook Islands and this time it wasn’t too bad. The other problem is we would need to hire a ATV or UTV close to where it’s been held. I don’t think we are allowed to tow so is their a place where your staying that hires out vehicles or has someone got a spare ATV we could use?

I’ve voted for Easter, because the heat would kill me. One more thing, if we do come we would need more time to organise than most so would like confirmed dates and a place as soon as poss. Sorry for being a pain in the butt.

Cheers Mike.

Mike,

Im sure there is some rental places near by and i will look into it for you.Wish i had a spare,if i did you would be welcome to it.Im sure if you were to come there would be many here that would show up just to meet you.Maybe we can get the ball rolling to set a date.

Thanks Rick. Yeah I figured there must be ATV rentals close by. I should import a Demo over and then sell it afterwards, but that's too much hassle and I’d still need to tow it.

Cheers Mike.

I can't make it until a least a week after Easter 2012.

BUT if Mike can make it I think it would be more important to try to pick a date that works for him. I will be able to make the next one !

rocmoc n AZ

Roc, I've only said Easter because of the lower temperate, I’m total flexible with the dates around that period and will work in with everyone else, but I will more than likely give it a miss if it's held during the hotter months. A week after Easter works for me fine.

Cheers Mike

Roc, I've only said Easter because of the lower temperate, I’m total flexible with the dates around that period and will work in with everyone else, but I will more than likely give it a miss if it's held during the hotter months. A week after Easter works for me fine.

Cheers Mike

I agree, I also want the cooler weather. BUT it seems like every time we plan a jamboree we have record HOT weather. We haven't had one that was not in the mid-90's or higher and that WAS NOT the plan, LOL ! I just read last night that La Nina has built back up in the Pacific so we are not going to have normal weather again this winter. AZ is suppose to be colder than normal so maybe it will carry over into the spring.

rocmoc n AZ

I agree, I also want the cooler weather. BUT it seems like every time we plan a jamboree we have record HOT weather. We haven't had one that was not in the mid-90's or higher and that WAS NOT the plan, LOL ! I just read last night that La Nina has built back up in the Pacific so we are not going to have normal weather again this winter. AZ is suppose to be colder than normal so maybe it will carry over into the spring.

rocmoc n AZ

Easter in 2012 is April 8th.Average temps for the North Glamis KOA area in April is low to mid 80's.Naturally the later in the month the warmer it will be getting.Not sure if everyone would be able to make it a little earlier for the cooler temps(March ave is mid 70's) or go for the bit higher temps in April.

Thanks Rick. Yeah I figured there must be ATV rentals close by. I should import a Demo over and then sell it afterwards, but that's too much hassle and I’d still need to tow it.

Cheers Mike.

This is a place i found thats not to far from the north glamis koa.Prices seem high.

My link

We plan on doing a second site either before or after at http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_05663/ride_562e.htm

The location was selected by Goodrich as one of the best off-road trails in the USA, http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Number=1086275&page=0

rocmoc n AZ

Attempting to get this topic going again.I just voted,hope many more will join in.

This is a place i found thats not to far from the north glamis koa.Prices seem high.

My link

Rick,those prices do seem high but will shop around and see if there is any competition. Thanks for the link.

Cheers Mike.

Jeanne and I can come at any time. You guys pick a place and time and we'll be there. Anxious to meet you and your better half Brostar and so is Jeanne. It would sure be great if you could come. This will be the 4th Jamboree and it looks like it is starting to stick. Last Jamboree was the best yet. It seems that we are starting to get it figured out as to when to have it and the type of riding that works for everyone. If you can't come up with a vehicle, I'll sit tight at the campsite for a day or two and you can take my Trooper with the other guys. It would just be good to have you make it.

Lenny

Thanks Lenny for your very generous offer but I would not do that to you. I’m looking forward to meeting you both along with everybody else and taking your "Super Trooper" beast for a wee spin. If we come, we will hire out or sort out a vehicle for sure. I might even buy something that I could ship back to NZ. Powersports vehicles are thousands of dollars cheaper in the USA than NZ & Aussie. The important thing is that I have time to work it out. I’m relax about when we go if it’s not too hot, even if it’s this time of year or a bit latter on when it starts to get cooler.

Cheers Mike.

I'd like to think that my old mate 4x4x454 could make it this time around too. My driving distance is only 80km from my home to the airport and 250km from L.A to the Jamboree so I wont be in line for the greatest driving distance award. That could be all yours 4x4x454 if Plumber can't make it.

BTW, who else is thinking of coming?

Cheers Mike.

I'd like to think that my old mate 4x4x454 could make it this time around too. My driving distance is only 80km from my home to the airport and 250km from L.A to the Jamboree so I wont be in line for the greatest driving distance award. That could be all yours 4x4x454 if Plumber can't make it.

BTW, who else is thinking of coming?

Cheers Mike.

No I don't think I'll be there it's about 3000 miles from me. And I don't think I could sit in the truck with the wife that long

On the positive side, La Nina has returned and the forecast is a colder weather than normal like last winter. If spring is like last, it will be cooler also. Even May was great last spring.

rocmoc n AZ

20-22nd. We would arrive a day earlier and leave a day later as we have to leave Sat afternoon & return Sunday evening. We would leave the Trooper at the KOA while we go into Long Beach for a commitment. Tuesday we would move to the Superstition area about an hour south the KOA location. After a couple of days there we will be moving to the Dune area near Quartzsite, AZ for a couple days. That is our plan and we will stick to it, well mostly, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ

20-22nd. We would arrive a day earlier and leave a day later as we have to leave Sat afternoon & return Sunday evening. We would leave the Trooper at the KOA while we go into Long Beach for a commitment. Tuesday we would move to the Superstition area about an hour south the KOA location. After a couple of days there we will be moving to the Dune area near Quartzsite, AZ for a couple days. That is our plan and we will stick to it, well mostly, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ

As soon as we hear from some others that the weekend of the 20th - 22nd works for them i will call KOA and get their group rates.

Ok guys where exactly are we planning to have the jamboree? so I can put it in map quest and get directions. And to see if I can swing this trip, Plus I have 2 troopers and I wouldnt have any problem at all to let Brostar use it, but to get both of them down there is a problem, I can only tow one of them. If someone has a good way to get the 2nd one down there in one peice and back again that will be great. Just let me know ok? it would be nice to get to meet everyone and to go riding ect.

Thanks Stevozz

Ok guys where exactly are we planning to have the jamboree? so I can put it in map quest and get directions. And to see if I can swing this trip, Plus I have 2 troopers and I wouldnt have any problem at all to let Brostar use it, but to get both of them down there is a problem, I can only tow one of them. If someone has a good way to get the 2nd one down there in one peice and back again that will be great. Just let me know ok? it would be nice to get to meet everyone and to go riding ect.

Thanks Stevozz

Glamis north KOA,its near the Salton Sea.Turn off is 2 miles south of Bombay Beach.web site is www.glamisnorthkoa.com

wish i had an answer for getting your second trooper there.