Quantcast

Kinarfi

Slight Differences

Brostar, I notice from your pictures that there are subtle differences in our rigs, Steering wheel, is you horn in the dash like mine or in the steering wheel, my winch is higher and can't be moved to the rear, and on the deck of cargo bed, my floor is above the support bars. <_<

Brostar, I notice from your pictures that there are subtle differences in our rigs, Steering wheel, is you horn in the dash like mine or in the steering wheel, my winch is higher and can't be moved to the rear, and on the deck of cargo bed, my floor is above the support bars. <_<

Kinarfi, your model is the upgrade or 2008.5. Yours is better all round with the improvements that Joyner have made. My horn is in the dash and my deck of the cargo bed is solid checker plate steel. Your design is obviously a lot lighter in the rear. You should be able to take your winch out of the front if needed for the rear. It's about a ten minute job. I like the graphics on the new model too.

Cheers Mike.

Our earlier models also have side mirrors. The newer models do not have side mirror. The newer models also have a handhold for the passenger, dune antenna mount, angle braces on the rollbar, access holes to service the engine in the bottom floor, bigger brake disc, gas tank under the seat instead of up front and supposedly more clearnce on the fenders. I will call them changes as IMHO not all are upgrades. I had the chance to exchange my rear box/storage area for the lighter unit with the plastic and turned it down. Did not think the weight diff. was worth it. If & when I run at the dunes, I will remove the entire unit and install a sheet of aluminum diamond plate to get rid of the weight entirely.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

post-85-1223855125_thumb.pngTJ do a diamond plate flatbed for the Commando & Renegade models but if you have got the know how & tools, I'd say an afternoon would be all you needed to make one.

Cheers Mike

post-85-1223873872_thumb.jpgrocmoc, I just remembered the very 1st photos of the Trooper had a flatesh dump bed & who knows TJ might have some lying around

Cheers Mike.

post-85-1223873872_thumb.jpgrocmoc, I just remembered the very 1st photos of the Trooper had a flatesh dump bed & who knows TJ might have some lying around

Cheers Mike.

Is that diamond plate?

Cinda

It sure is. We call it other names out here too but that's the correct name for it.

Cheers Mike.

I like that idea better than what ours came with. I worry about it melting in the heat.

Cinda

I have two of the new rear plastic trays but what concerned me with them was people riding in the rear & going through them onto the engine after a bump. The do look fairly solid having said that. The plastic would handle a fair bit of heat before they melted Cinda but if you are worried about, an engineer could cut some diamond plate to fit in 1/4 of an hour.

Cheers Mike

Nice Avitar Brostar, where did you get the idea from for that photo? :P Imitation IS the most sincere form of flattery!! :lol:

I know, but I wait it gets worse. I liked your idea so much with the nail & screw that I'm pinching that as well.

Cheers Mike.

From what I have gathered from reading all the posts and looking at the pics of the Troopers I have already has the fuel pump next to the tank and the latches for the rear rack are behind the seats. Does any one have any idea what kind of mileage they get I Have never bothered to figure it out but I think its good.

From what I have gathered from reading all the posts and looking at the pics of the Troopers I have already has the fuel pump next to the tank and the latches for the rear rack are behind the seats. Does any one have any idea what kind of mileage they get I Have never bothered to figure it out but I think its good.

YES

Date ----------MPG -- KPG - Mileage at end of ride - Gallons to fill

7/12/2008 - 20.2---- 32.5 - 690.9 3.543

7/19/2008 - 19 ------30.6 - 780.5 2.926

7/22/2008 --15.8 ---25.4 - 903.6 4.842

7/25/2008 --17.3 ---27.9 - 977.8 2.66

7/31/2008 - 15.9 ---25.6 - 1052.1 2.897

8/4/2008 --- 16.8 -- 27.1 -1212.1 2.406

8/4/2008---- 18.2 --29.2 -1147 3.245

8/9/2008 --- 12.8 - 20.6 -1251.7 1.921

8/11/2008 --18.7 - 30.0 - 1382.5 4.359

8/16/2008-- 15.8 - 25.5 -1491.9 4.298

8/27/2008 --16.7 - 26.8 - 1593.2 3.773

8/29/2008 --17.0 - 27.4 -1702.2 3.979

9/5/2008 --- 21.5 - 34.7 -1927.3 5.335

9/5/2008 ----11.3 - 18.1 - 1742.3 2.214

9/14/2008 - 19.8 - 31.8 - 2069.2 4.46

9/25/2008 - 20.4 - 32.9 - 2302.1 4.731

9/29/2008 - 20.4 - 32.9 - 2437 6.44

10/23/2008 18.4 - 29.6 - 2629.4 6.497

10/24/2008 16.7 - 26.9 - 2769.3 5.206

What about the T4, I haven't done well keeping track. I guess I will do that. I seem to get about 8mpg, but I'm not sure if the Fuel Gauge is correct all the time either.