Quantcast

ArkMule

2002 Mule 3010 lost power

Hello, I have a 2002 Mule 3010 with 1759 hours on it.  I got it with about 1700 hours from a neighbor and it had been serviced regularly.  It almost abruptly lost all power. Still driveable however, barely moves and ain't going up hills.  Immediately I did the following:

-air filter change, oil change, spark plug change, fuel filter change, checked fuel, added fuel treatment.

when I depress the accelerator pedal it does not throttle up to its max.  I checked the throttle rigging and it appeared good.  I am able to rev it up at the carbureator.  I inspected the linkage and it appeared that the governor spring was worn because it was not holding the throttle.  Ordered a spring and changed it but no worky still.  It appears to run up and then back off.  Any ideas? Am I making sense.  I have gone through countless forums and can not find a similar problem.

Silverbullet

Need to check compression first.Call me if you need help give me a call.First do compression test Autozone they lend them out it should be about 120 psi.All cylinders should be even. Call me at 928 344 2117 after you do compression test

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Akovia
      We have a Hisun Sector EV that is hard for the grandkids to steer. Has anyone heard of adding power steering to this model? Thanks!
    • By bjones
      2007 610 mule will foul a pug after 1 hr of run time on clock.  Plug will be black with sut.  Buddy go a 610 and it does same thing. Have had dealer adjust valves twice and still does it.  When i bought mule valves were ticking and I ran it that way for some time and took it in and dealer adjusted valves and that is when problem started.  I rechecked valves and the were tight and I adjusted to .005 and still fouls plug.  I always use no ethenal gas and have gone to a hotter plug.  I have read that this is a common problem with mule.  Any help appreciated.
    • By goldstar
      Has anyone put a different brand motor in a mule with a straight shaft,trifugal if so where did you get a tapered sleeve for the primary clutch to work or what other rough can one take to make this setup work. Will a centrifugal clutch work plus converting to chain driven?
    • By mixfixdave
      I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU.
      It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!

• By Steve Waldner
      I have a Kioti  Mechron utv and want to add power steering. Can anyone till me if there is an electric assist motor from a car that would work putting between the steering wheel and steering box. One that doesn't need alot of electronics