Quantcast

2019 Massimo T-Boss 410 How To Unlock Differential

I think that is more the "norm" of modern irresponsible youth who rarely face any consequences for their actions ..My generation appreciated what we had as most of us worked hard to get it .. now kids just put it on the VISA  their mom pays the bill for . When , not if,  they tear it up, mom will buy them another BETTER one .. just my opinion

1 hour ago, Joe Breaux said:

I think that is more the "norm" of modern irresponsible youth who rarely face any consequences for their actions ..My generation appreciated what we had as most of us worked hard to get it .. now kids just put it on the VISA  their mom pays the bill for . When , not if,  they tear it up, mom will buy them another BETTER one .. just my opinion

And it's an entirely valid  opinion--but now yo've got me going, My apologies in advance...I don't get out much anymore...

My mid-20s/early 30s college dropout step-grandsons are just as you describe. Always had all they wanted on a silver platter; the "boys" their mother still calls them.. College (also paid in full by mommy and daddy) was too much like work so they couldn't hack it. The oldest "works" as a barmaid at Starbucks, The other two live in a house mommy & daddy bought for them while still in college and fart around as underlings in the IT industry (that's how daddy made his fortune to support all this silliness) so they get to ride on that.

If you give someone something for nothing that's just exactly what it's worth to them.

Not understanding that was the fundamental flaw in the "Great Society" scheme¹. For  60+ years we as a society have been subsidizing poverty, failure and irresponsibility--and the more of an irresponsible loser you are the more we'll give you. In doing so the leftists created a permanent underclass of  poor, irresponsible, losers--who unfortunately are allowed to vote (the only real reason they are allowed to exist).. 

Often makes me glad I'm going on 75 and in poor health--I won't have to see where this is all going...

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotisms.
-Aristotle-

This is where w are now--it's a collective despotism, with respect and authority vested in specific groups,  but despotism nonetheless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

¹- The Great society was based on a notion that everyone "deserved" a middle-class lifestyle. What was left out was that attaining that would require conducting your self and behaving as a such (which at the time was primarily the "Greatest generation"; founded solidly in work ethic and personal responsibility--Hell, they had just defeated REAL Nazis...   

• Like 1

You mean that  "mostly peaceful" virus?

We have not had any of that lockdown nonsense here in Florida, as we are fortunate the have a Governor with an actual functional brain, who respects his constituents and believes we the people when provided with solid, non-sensationalized facts have sense enough to exercise appropriate precautions without being dictated to do so. If "the Donald"  does not run in 2024 and Ron DeSantis does he's got my vote...

unfortunately our gov is left-brained and thinks everyone should put theirs in neutral and let him do all  the thinking for us.. After all, he is so much smarter than we puny humans are .. And obviously masks worked so well that we shattered record after record after record  of China virus cases while we all walked around looking like liquor store robbers with t-shirt material on our faces expecting a single layer  polyester/cotton blend to filter out particles so tiny  that only a microscope can see.. Now he wants another  39 cent /gal tax on gas plus the 22 cents we have now,  and higher tax on all our offroad vehicles to punish us for not " getting with the global warming doctrine "  and buying solar powered 4wd UTVs......... Since  The solar panels worked SO GREAT in Texas last week....   but I digress.......  in related news, my MSU 500 still running perfectly. with a few YAMAHA parts substituted 

2 minutes ago, Joe Breaux said:

unfortunately our gov is left-brained and thinks everyone should put theirs in neutral and let him do all  the thinking for us.. After all, he is so much smarter than we puny humans are .. And obviously masks worked so well that we shattered record after record after record  of China virus cases while we all walked around looking like liquor store robbers with t-shirt material on our faces expecting a single layer  polyester/cotton blend to filter out particles so tiny  that only a microscope can see.. Now he wants another  39 cent /gal tax on gas plus the 22 cents we have now,  and higher tax on all our offroad vehicles to punish us for not " getting with the global warming doctrine "  and buying solar powered 4wd UTVs......... Since  The solar panels worked SO GREAT in Texas last week....   but I digress.......  in related news, my MSU 500 still running perfectly. with a few YAMAHA parts substituted 

If I may be so bold to ask, where are you?

On 3/2/2021 at 6:39 PM, Joe Breaux said:

I am in the other hot muggy aligator infested swampland state         Sportsman's Paradise.... Louisiana.... and yes I do eat CRAWFISH ..lol

They're fun to play with--I have  rather large top-water spinner they like to chase...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Joe Breaux said:

the crawfish or the gators? 

The gators...

I once was fishing from the shore and a 5 or 6 footer followed the lure in to 25 feet or so offshore, than turned and swam off. I did this a few more times and on the 4th or 5th cast he followed it in and dived instead of swimming off--I made a hasty retreat; those guys can move pretty fast for a bit even out of the water...

11 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

I don't know how you could be fishing in an area where they are, anyway. 

it's Florida--my wife is a native and when asked by visitors as to whether a particular body of fresh water "has alligators?" she says "Only if it's wet." There's no place to fish for bass here that doesn't have gators.

Disney World is crawling with them...

4 hours ago, T-boss 410 said:

I would think that it would be dangerous to bass fish, if that's the case. 

I'm sure it is, then again they tell me riding motorcycles is "dangerous" too--I've been doing that for over 60 years.

Danger and I are old friends, ny uncle taught me all about it when I was 19. It was my Uncle Sam, he gave me a new fangled barely tested lightweight aluminum and plastic thing called an m16 and sent me to a place called Vietnam. I was there for 13 months and when I got back I found that regular run-of-the-mill  danger did not bother me a whole lot.

I have found that I am at times--such as when people are almost literally pissing their pants over a particularly  bad strain of the flu--oddly pleased I had that experience as I do not have to shake in my boots (which I am not ashamed to say I have literally done) each time someone tries to convince me the sky is falling.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
-H. L. Mencken-

^^^This^^^ is as true a thing as has ever been said. It and my experiences as a 19-year-old kid are and parcel  part of the reason the Government and I don't get along well--they trained me to smell bullshit from 14,000 miles away...

See, you got me "going" again...

-----------------------------------------------------

H.L. Mencken was a brilliant man (more quotes here). I wish I could have known him.

9 hours ago, T-boss 410 said:

I don't know how you could be fishing in an area where they are, anyway. 

really?   EVERYWHERE we fish here has gators.. I went last Saturday and saw at least 6 sunning themselves while we fished, 20 yards away .. When we were young, many decades ago, we waterskiied  there too..          the ones 7 feet or less are afraid of humans and usually run or swim away.. But the 10 footers or larger are afraid of NOTHING!  I carry a Sig .40 just in case .. once in awhile one gets curious and will swim up to my boat.. a little tap on his snout with a paddle usually is enough .. I have hooked a couple using live baits .. best to just cut the line        oh, btw, did I mention we EAT gator here ?  and the gators KNOW IT!  lol

15 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

Ahhh, I see. You let them know that they are just as much the prey as you are! Sounds like a struggle for the top of the food chain to me, lol.

They are like most wild animals. more afraid of you than you are of them--just two rules:

1) Don't get one cornered, especially a bull;

2) Don't get between a cow and her hacthlings;

I worked in Lafayette, New Iberia and Houma for Big Red my Job as Auditor for Hazardous materials from 1982 to when I retired in 1997 and didn't let them gators bother me either Did a lot of fishing. several times I had to swing around some of the big ones when they decided to warm themselves on the road or just slowly walk across the road.