Quantcast

Just wanted to pass along my little project after not finding any ready made accessories for adding a rear winch.  I always say a front winch is to get others out of trouble.  A rear winch is to get me out of trouble.   I had my local steel shop bend up a rear bracket and integrated it into the rear frame of the machine.  I extended the rear hitch and utilized the existing rear pin with the new bracket.   The bracket bolts to existing holes on each side of frame and is super strong.  I bought a 3500lb winch from Harbor Freight that matches the OEM front winch in all respects except the labels.   I added a second corded remote to the dash and extended the power leads to reach the rear with the control box mounted with the front one.  Total project cost was $225.20200505_200023.thumb.jpg.84e1e4c5e6cab0552d97d0b73a80fb19.jpg20200505_200014.thumb.jpg.0f8b9fa63ea4bccd00bf6ec123f6be0e.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TimMassimo
      Hello. I have a 2017 Massimo 700-5. I have recently had the head gasket replaced with the head and base machines, all gaskets, valve seals, piston rings and a coolant flush. I drove it for about a total of two hours at different times and days and now the coolant is not reaching the head when it is running. I have tried to bleed it by jacking up the front end using the top screw in the water pump screw and get all the air out. After I run it for a few minutes the coolant get stuck in the radiator and it won’t circulate back to the head as it should.  Has anyone run into this? I’m not sure if there’s air in the system or the water pump does not work?  
    • By AshUoB
      Hello everyone,
      I am a mechanical engineering student who is trying to design a UTV to be used by maintenance workers around parks and university campuses. One of our unique selling points was that the rear cargo area would be modular so it can be swapped out for different "rear modules". For example, it could just be cargo hold but also a cage, refrigeration, more passenger seats or carrying woodchip etc.
      What would be an easy way of detaching the different rear modules and swapping with a new one? A way of securing it to the frame but also allowing it to be removed with ease. From what I've seen, most UTV bodies are directly bolted to the frame.
      Thank you for reading.
      Ash
    • By Robbie Wyre
      I'm working on a 2005 Cub Cadet side by side and I'm trying to remove the front two axles.  I have a slide hammer puller on the inner joint and with all my strength they will not budge.   Anyone have the same issues and is there something I'm missing or a trick of some sort to pull these out?   Any suggestions please and thank you.
    • By petejank
      Anyone know of an aftermarket shock that fits a Arctic Cat Prowler 2006 650 H1 4x4?
      The direct replacement isn't currently available and costs $170.00  ea.
    • By MountainBeast
      New Owner here. Working on adding some new lighting and want to use Factory Electrical connectors instead of cutting wires and risking failures later. I have a set  of whip antenna that include taillight functions and wanted to use the trailer plug at the back of the utv provide signal and power. Unfortunately, finding the factory plugs for trailer wiring is a bit difficult.
      Are there any sources available on here for ordering such parts? I know that there are a lot of plugs unused and capped with terminators so they are prepared for accessories just finding them is another story.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Gary Nations
      Just got a Champion 2000lb winch for Father's Day. Going on a 2018 Mule 4010 Trans used on the farm. Anyone have any experience/ tips for mounting? Front mount so what do I need?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Tinman
      I'm new on this forum, so please forgive me if there's been a thread on this subject before. I did do a search and have found refs to other threads, but haven't found a reply to this issue.
      First off: Crappy brakes. Noticed that the pads ony contact about two thirds of the actual disc width area, and what's with the two caliper deal on the back wheel??? Anyone found a caliper replacement, perhaps from a motorcycle or small car that might fit and give the brakes some extra bite?
      Winch issue: Doesn't work. Traced the power to the octastyle relay above the battery, which is fused. A new one is on the way from Joyner-usa.com ([email protected], contact bryan). Is there anything else I should change or be worried about winch-wise?
      We´re volunteers and use this in central america to reach communities that can only be reached on horseback or rugged vehicle, so we need a reliable winch.
      Thanks for all your help!