Quantcast

Hisun 700 No Start Help

Farm man

I have a hisun 700 I went out to start it one morning and it made a clunk then nothing I am  mechanical inclined so I start trying to figure things out.  I narrowed it down to starter.  I changed it out with a brand new starter it made a grinding sound then nothing please advise me as I’m a old points and spark plug kind of guy not much experience with utv point me in the right direction don’t want to start tearing things down that don’t help??

Are you sure there's enough voltage at the starter? A clunk sounds like the starter bendix has engaged, but nothing more. That could be a bad starter, or a cable not delivering enough power. I'd also make sure the negative cable has good contact. 

Is there any corrosion in or on the cables? I'd test for voltage drop in the cables. Since you're replacing the starter, it should be easy to get to the cable for testing. 

Probably nothing, but it's a good idea to check it occasionally. Since it's possible for a cable to look perfectly fine. While having corrosion inside. It's a simple test, usually done with a multi meter. 

If you have any reason to suspect that flywheel is the problem. Then it will need a proper inspection. That cover needs to be removed. The only thing that you can really check through the starter hole, is for missing flywheel teeth. 

And even that is easier with the shroud removed. However, the missing teeth, if that's the problem here, would most likely be right there where the flywheel is presently indexed. And should be easily seen through the starter hole. That's why I asked if you have any basis for the flywheel being the problem. 

Removing the spark plugs will allow you to rotate the engine. Allowing for flywheel inspection. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my hisun 700 will not turn over seems dead. If you look buy your battery there should be a30amp fuse  try moving it around check wires going to it.  Fixes mine every time. When this fuse shorts out loses connection  your  dash will not start working.  Mine is a 2009 700 . Not sure what year you have or if has been changed on newer models.

25 minutes ago, Thomas osterhout said:

Timing chain broken or gear shot mine was torsoioner broke valves against piston

Yeah, it could easily be an obstruction from a broken part,  jamming the whole works. I've got my suspicions about what's coming. But we won't know till we hear back from the op.

• 4 weeks later...