Quantcast

I went with the DeLorme Earthmate GPS PN-20, came with Topo 6.0, They are upto to PN-40 & Topo 7.0 now. I plan the trip on my computer and upload it to the gps. I haven't used garmin enough to compare, but I'm generally happy with what I got & I rigged my buggy up so it charged while driving. You can also save your routes and trails for revue later and compare to google earth.

2787693400104282158MUEwNs_th.jpg 2638755400104282158dSSbEJ_th.jpg

Don't know if you've been here or not http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/PN20/image...arisonChart.pdf, I'd like to get the pn 40 but $$$ & wife say no, the screen is 1.4" wide & 1.7" tall.

I believe they are the same physically, different colors, & PN-40 is more capable.

Also, I recommend the RAM holder with the suction cup & the rechargeable lithium batteries

I prefer the Lowrance, bit pricy but living in the BAJA and riding hard it is worth it. I am looking for one for the buggy, currently use one in the truck for pitting races. Have been able to drive all over the northern BAJA without problems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Buying my first

Hello, i planning on buying my first sbs. I have a few questions and could use some help.  1. Are used ok? (I wouldnt get one more then 2 years old if i did) 2. If i get new, what time of year is best for getting sales? 3. For accessories and add on's, should I get them from a dealer or look online? (With my truck i found that inline was cheaper) I think that's all for now. Thanks

By saiyan78, in UTV General Discussion

• 1 reply
    • Newbie looking into buying an UTV

Hello everyone, my name is Frank, I am new to this forum and I was hoping to pick your brains a little. A little about me first, I live in southern Wisconsin and have been a atv owner for many years. My first atv was bought in 1988 which was a 1986 Honda Fourtrax 350 4x4 (which I still have) and I also have a 1989 Yamaha warrior 350. My wife and I love trail riding, most of there use is on the trails but I use the Honda for cleaning the driveway and icefishing in the winter (46" snow blade). Over the memorial weekend we were out trail riding when a friend brought out a new can-am commander. That definitely sold me on buying a side by side. Now a can am is a bit out of my price range but I have been doing some online research on the Honda Pioneer, Yamaha Rhino, and Polaris Ranger. I have looked at John Deere but at there prices I might as well buy a can am. I am curious on what all of you have and your opinions for my needs. I do have a local Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki dealer in town which I do plan to visit, but I want to hear what you have to say without the dealers "bias" opinions because he is trying to sell his own products. Basically I am looking for something that handles well on the trails yet versatile enough to have a snow blade or maybe use ice fishing (course weight is much heavier than my Honda atv). I look forward to hearing from you. Frank (Tracker0040)

By Tracker0040, in New Members Area

• 1 reply
    • Buying new Mule

Buying new Kaw mule 610 xc. Can't locate one in camo, was told by dealer the only difference between the standard Mule and the XC is the tire size,.Dealer suggested I buy a standard mule and swap tires for larger size, does anyone know if this is correct. Also, does the mule have any common defects I should be aware of? Thanks

By adjusterr, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • Buying a Maverick

Well I finally made the decision to sell the trooper and get into a maverick. I test drove one yesterday and it was awesome. I am selling the trooper to my brother in law and will recommend this site to him for good info. I want to thank everyone for all of the great info I have gotten on here over the past couple of years. This is a great site and probably the most informative forum I have ever been on. Thanks.

By Banjo Minnow, in Can-Am BRP UTV SxS Forum

• 15 replies
    • Seriously thinking of joining the family

Looking to get into a UTV, having said that I have been doing some research on the trooper. Have many questions already answered, but need the reassurance. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but you can buy a lemon every day of the week.....from anyone. The looks of the trooper are eye catching, the motor sounds like it has potential. The lockers don't sound very good nor does the diff's. Are these a capable 4X4 or do they belong in the desert with the buggy's. Is the manual tranny worth it, or do you wish you had a low gear in the transfer case for bigger rubber. I am not into going 100 miles an hour. How nimble are they in the bush? I like my hunting in the great white north.....as in Canada:) This is what i am thinking of. T2 trooper, new cam grind for torque, tuner, 31" silver backs, clutch upgrade.... to start with. My knowledge of mechanics is moderate and I do enjoy my garage. So I am not worried about have to maintain this machine as all of them need TLC. Would like honest answers and no salesman crap. Let me know what you all think.

By noblet, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies