Quantcast

2018 T-Boss overheating, water pump question

dant849

I hope I was helpful to you guys.. I wish someone would have clued me in , in the beginning..   could have saved me a lot of cussing... Massimo Service Dept  was a complete joke, zero help from that useless bunch..   BUT, If these things run right , they are loads of fun once you get the factory flaws worked out!  .. 

Cajun Country.. Down in the swamp , south Louisiana.. our temps run high 94-99* ............but its so humid the heat index runs 108* to 112*  right now... I got up this morning at 5AM, it was already 88* !!!  And  the MSU  still does not run hot!!!!      FULL TIME FAN BABY!  I removed the winshield on mine.. much cooler for me 

No, not me. No issues with windshield.. just too hot with it on... and yeah, Cat 5 Hurricane Laura devastated a lot of area in west LA with 150-180 mph winds and a 20foot storm surge ....but I am in central LA right on coast... we got 75mph winds and 6 feet of storm surge.. not too bad.... no damage to any of my three properties ... I am having a ball with this thing now that its working... I really enjoyed pulling my buddies Kawasaki Mule out of a big mud hole after he got stuck and I didnt on the Atchafalaya River 

yeah, I liked it before. it performs well, it  just was SO FREAKIN UNRELIABLE . less than 5 miles and broken , 6 straight times in the shop and Masimo Service was so horribly bad .. They actually told me they stopped using HISUN engines because they were junk and would not warrantee them .. Mine had less than 300 miles.. His exact words were....." NEVER GONNA HAPPEN"     so Imagine my response . He hung up on me .. Now with some YAMAHA parts and full time fan, its working well .. I have put 200 miles on it since repairs ... NO ISSUES AT ALL 

That's interesting. Did Hisun supply engines for Yamaha, or did Yamaha supply parts to Hisun?

My engine is a Lanhai. Does the overheating happen only while being operated, or will it happen while idling? I let mine idle for a while a few days ago, it showed only 3 bars on the dash before the fan came on.

I purchased a colder thermostat and a lower fan switch to install. The thermostat is a 147 degree unit, and the switch is a 167 degree unit. I guess I'm just nervous about running without a thermostat. I've read articles on both sides of the topic. I just want to be as safe as possible. 

The Hisun engine in mine is an exact CHINESE clone of the original Yamaha Rhino ..The Yamaha parts are just more expensive and apparently well worth it!  I have no idea about the Linhai engines designs .. Massimo switched to them 2 yrs ago, because HISUN had so many problems ... In fact if I could not get this thing working, I had called a ATV/UTV engine supplier to see if a remanufactured YAMAHA engine would work.. He said yes 

You think China cares about that stuff?  They steal our military weapons and crafts secrets, build copies and sell them .. we do nothing.. Who knows if they paid Yamaha anything .. The Rhino UTV is exactly like my MSU .. I bet every part on it would fit ....thats a older version  rhino  below ... new MSU on right ... 

Yamaha Rhino 660MASSIMO-MSU-500-UTV-3.jpg

Well, dont count on it... look at it this way.. General Motors  owned the Airbag company in China that has killed 135 people with shrapnel from the charge going off  . And to date has had 30 million airbags recalled... Chinese built is still Chinese built .. those 10 yr old supervisors cant catch all the mistakes in the factory by the 9 year olds doing the assembly 

• Haha 1