Quantcast

Oil

4x4x454

I am afraid you have something else going on. Usually if your oil is too thick you will blow the oil filter off. I have run 50 weight kendall in the race cars, you just have to let them warm up. You are either getting alot of blow-by or you have some sort of blockage or oil leak, if oil is coming out off the canistar it is not from too much oil preasure. You have something else going on. If the crank case is not able to breath or release preasure (not oil preasure) it will start get air preasure in the block and start pushing out where ever it can. Make sure you crank case is ventalating.

I changed my oil to Mobil 1 10w30. It is not blowing oil now. It seams to be venting just fine. When it happened i was running only about 10 minutes I drove it about 30 on Tuesday and it was just fine no oil blowing out any were. Hopefully this will take care of it but I will keep a close eye on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ran my engine with the oil cap off, I could fell a even pulse coming out, no smoke at all, when i covered it with my hand i got a slight film of oil on my hand with very little or no preasure build up. Hope this helps you out. There should be a vacum line coming of the intake with a pcv valve to keep preasure out of your crank case.

I just ran my engine with the oil cap off, I could fell a even pulse coming out, no smoke at all, when i covered it with my hand i got a slight film of oil on my hand with very little or no preasure build up.

About the same happened to me when I pulled the breather filter off, I figured that maybe the oil mist was collecting on the filter and with the weight of the chrome cover, maybe the oil was running out instead of back into the separator. So I took a coke bottle and heated it up so it shrunk down to seal around the filter to make a damn so the oil had to go back in, instead of out. So far so good, I also put a hose back on that was loose, the one from the valve cover to the intake manifold.

2314837470104282158fxJyWt_th.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By meneb2
      Changing the oil on the vehicle.  replacing oil filter too.   Holy crap.  tight spaces, over-torqued filter.  cant get it off.  Have tried every filter wrench out there.  cant get a good angle for me to torque it off.  Ideas?
    • By CDT540
      Just bought a used 2015 MSU 500.  I am in the process of replacing all the fluids and generally going over everything.  I pulled the outer plastic clutch cover off and oil started dripping out.  Oil was everywhere, a huge mess.  I thought for sure I had a bad seal on the clutch or secondary.  So I removed the clutch and secondary CVT so I could get a look at the seals and they both were dry as a bone.  The only two dry spots.  Now I  am stumped.  If oil did not get into the by way of the two shaft seals, how on earth could it have gotten in?  
      Thanks
      Chris

• By natmech
      I've got 5 UTV's as work vehicles.  8 hours a day, 365 days a year.  Swampy, woodsy, lots of broken trees.  The stuff that's on there has lots of punctures, slow leaks, etc.  I spend way too much time keeping the tires up.  So I need recommendations for good tough tires that are very puncture resistant, sidewalls too, and have good traction in lots of muddy conditions all year long.  But i can't pay $300/tire.

thanks everyone
    • By RickinMT
      2009 Hisun 700. Well, back to square one. I've been doing this rebuild since Jan. 2021. MANY new parts and fixes and re-starts and working/then broke/then working/then broke... and on and on. Last week I had a good ride, about 18 miles. Ran great. Parked in the garage for 2 days and then the exact same problem as last time-- Cranks and cranks, about 6 or 8 times, and then click: nothing. I get one click and a red warning light on the dash but it's too small and doesn't say what it is. It's not the battery: it's fully charged. Had it on a charger overnight afterward and still getting one click. It's like the starter is stuck or the engine is seized. The last time it happened I took it to a guy who's rebuilt many of these and he found the starter was full of oil! Black oil. He said it was black 'cause it got cooked trying to crank. Put in a new starter and he did all kinds of adjustments and between him and the neighbor it was running great. Now it's stuck again. I'll pull the starter when I calm down.... One of the MANY new parts we threw at it was a new battery. it's got plenty of power, 350 cold cranking amps. Is it possible to have TOO heavy a battery? But has ANYONE run into this?      
    • eManualOnline
    • By Jurg
      Trying to charge over night I found the unit with a flashing amber LED both in the dash and on the charger next to the lh front wheel. 
      The first error code I got was E038 on the charger with my next attempt I got E013.  The battery is not being charged.
      ??
  • Gallery Images