Quantcast

Joyner in general

Russ

My name is Rusty and I'm new to using forums so forgive me if I mess something up. A friend of mine and myself just started dealing Joyners and while trying to research these the best I could I came across this place. From what I have read, it seems most of you are very happy with the troopers and I am glad to hear it. I was wondering if I could call on some opinions on the trooper and the renagades. We are in northeast MO and I have always had 4wheelers so the SXS are a new one for me. I have a trooper of my own now and have seen a few things that could be improved and thought that maybe some of you could help me out on what problems I may have to look forward to. Most all of our riding is in the woods and creeks and alot of mud. Thanks for any response

I would sujest that you go back as far as you can in this Joyner Trooper forum. Pretty much everything that has been a problem or items that needed inproving are talked about here. Some issues address improtant safty concerns. You will not only find problems but in most cases good solid solutions that are an accumulation of thoughts from some very sharp trooper owners.

Good luck with your new line.

Lenny

Hi Rusty and welcome to UTV Boards. Looking through another dealers point of view, there are a lot of options and improvements that can make both utvs better but as they both stand in their base form, I think it is a great place to start making it your own. What I mean by that it "one mans idea of making something better could be the opposite of what another man was thinking". For an example, Rusty you live in a farming community with a major river system in the north where it can get muddy. The body of the Renegade sits over the wheel base and the by-product of that is mud gets contained better but it sticks out & is made of fiberglass. A dairy farmer will tell straight off the Renegade needs a wrap around bar to protect the cows from rubbing against the front guards & breaking them. However another farmer that's close to the Missouri river or other waterways where it is very muddy would only see that as bogging down the front end & as you say most of your riding is in the woods a wrap around bar would help protect the front but it also makes it wider perhaps stopping your going through a narrow track. Work with your customers needs and collect an array of options at the ready to tailor your customers needs.

If your using your Trooper as a demo like me, you all ready know what a pain in the arse it is to keep clean & one of the obvious things to do 1st is to install some kind of aftermarket mud flap on the front that runs down to the bottom of the floor board & use a silicon spray all over the body to make cleaning the mud off, a breeze.

My only other suggestion is do the ground work with aftermarket upgrades. Like you a lot of future Joyner buyers will gravitate to this site & will wont to do the upgrades that's been done on this site. Find you local Fox Shock dealer and get a quote now and source a quality car or 4wd fabricator and talk about what has been done to the Trooper just to see how long & how much it would cost.

In short Rusty, keep the UTVs stock and have any upgrade options at the ready.

Mate, it would be fair to say though, "that if I lived in the States and was selling Joyner UTVs, I would hound flatbed, rocmoc, Lenny or Kinarfi to be my business partner" because these guys are clever and we are lucky to have them here doing the ground work.

Cheers Mike.

Thanks for the input. Since we ride in woods and water alot I think I am going to build a air box so I dont have to wrap the air filter every time I wash it, and I didnt know if anyone has had any trouble with any of the electronics and water. Whenever I got a new 4wheeler, the first thing I would do is take all of the plugs apart and fill them with dielectric grease to keep water out and I was curios if anyone has had any problems or opinions on better preventing a problem with this. I hadnt seen anything about this subject yet so just thought I would ask.

Has anyone put a chip in the trooper or renagade, I know that a guy in CA sells a 20hp chip and box?

There is a fuse box on the passanger side, up under the dash that has relays and fuses in it, because it is mounted on a slight bend in the sheetmetal it does not seal. I re- surfaced the back so the box sealed. I think the intake on the engine would be much better if it was fliped to get the throttle body up on top instead of being low, and you would also be able to keep the air cleaner close to it. These engines do not want to breathe at low rpm.

Thanks for the input. Since we ride in woods and water alot I think I am going to build a air box so I dont have to wrap the air filter every time I wash it, and I didnt know if anyone has had any trouble with any of the electronics and water. Whenever I got a new 4wheeler, the first thing I would do is take all of the plugs apart and fill them with dielectric grease to keep water out and I was curios if anyone has had any problems or opinions on better preventing a problem with this. I hadnt seen anything about this subject yet so just thought I would ask.

Has anyone put a chip in the trooper or renagade, I know that a guy in CA sells a 20hp chip and box?

Did you get a look at my simple snorkel? 2096397710104110397wadTYp_th.jpg ,Now just put a coffee can over it and wash all you want :D this seems to work well for me and being as I'm kind of docile in my driving, I've seen no problems with it.

As for wiring, I did wrap my computer in a plastic bag to keep the dust off.

Kinarfi