Quantcast

What after market tires are you using and how do you like them

I am starting to see more and more aftermarket tires on peoples troopers on here and was wondering what you all thought about your choice. I want to put some one mine but I'm not sure if I should go with a all terrain type tread or something more aggressive.

I haven't had mine on long enough to give an honest answer, but I believe they're the best I could get for my rims and was influenced by my son's off road racing knowledge, would have used B. F. Goodrich if they made one for 14". You got to consider your type of riding too. I'm not aggressive in general but occasional, get very aggressive, so I went with what will do the job and last as long as possible, least expensive over long run. I do like the bead/rim guard on these though. Photo later.

kinarfi

2235465430104282158ydwhSe_th.jpg

What brand and what size are you running?

I haven't had mine on long enough to give an honest answer, but I believe they're the best I could get for my rims and was influenced by my son's off road racing knowledge, would have used B. F. Goodrich if they made one for 14". You got to consider your type of riding too. I'm not aggressive in general but occasional, get very aggressive, so I went with what will do the job and last as long as possible, least expensive over long run. I do like the bead/rim guard on these though. Photo later.

kinarfi

2235465430104282158ydwhSe_th.jpg

I'm running Super Swampers and they seem to get the job done in our sandy rocky terrain. I paid $499.90 for 5 tires including shipping from JC Whitney.

In order to run them all around I had to get a couple of rims as the stock rear rims are to wide. Now I have a spare that will fit each corner.

Gumball

What size are they?

I'm running Super Swampers and they seem to get the job done in our sandy rocky terrain. I paid $499.90 for 5 tires including shipping from JC Whitney.

In order to run them all around I had to get a couple of rims as the stock rear rims are to wide. Now I have a spare that will fit each corner.

Gumball

The Super Swampers are 28x8.50x14LT. They are a little more aggressive than a normal truck tire. You can see the specs on the Super Swamper web site. http://www.intercotire.com/. The picture is the TSL bias.

I don't know where you're located but if there's a Costco nearby they will dismount and remount your tires for $11.00 a tire. That includes balancing and a new valve stem. They definitely need balancing. Each tire took around 3 ounces of weight. If you don't balance them it's hard on the suspension as well as the tire.

Gumball

• 6 months later...
4x4x454, this is what I like http://www.simextyres.co.nz/simex-article....cle=-2092972571 if only they made one our size. Never the less, something along this paten is the way I want to go for my terrain (mud, rocks and metal roads). Does anybody know of another brand with this type of tread paten?

Cheers Mike.

silverbullet.

Mike we have found Super Swamper27-9.5-14 dot.Or27-10-14 6 ply .Maxxis big horn 6 ply nice ride but great on any terrain. GBC Grim reaper 27-11-14

27-9-14 8 ply. Hope this will help

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.