Quantcast

Love your Massimo?

dorough

I just bought a Buck 450X... right before discovering this board and reading a lot of not-so-good posts. But I hope I'm right when I believe that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and surely there must be plenty of happy Massimo owners out there and I don't need to return my new toy to Lowe's.

So... if you own a Massimo and like it, I'd love to hear from you! Please let me know what you like and enjoy about it and if you've had only minor or no issues - compared to other posts I've read.

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

Just FYI, there's some history between Joe, Tractor Supply, and Massimo. He will fill you in.

I've read plenty of his replies to others. I'm trying to get a feel for the positive side here; not looking for airing of complaints. 

42 minutes ago, TapBoss said:

Bought my 550 just about a year ago, no issues to date.  Most of the problems on here are from the earlier models that were Hisun machines, not from those that bought more recently when they switched to Linhai.

That's certainly good to know!

Love mine.

Great success dealing with Massimo getting parts

Go to any manufacture's forum and you'll run into same thing... the whinners. Just like here. 

No one has yet made an indestructible machine. I once worked in a music store and the manger used to say "put a cast iron anvil on the demo floor and someone will make music with it and someone else will break it" 

• Like 2

I am a retired Diesel Mec. I drive a 2016 Kawasaki Mule Pro.  I bought a Demo from the Dealer.  First thing I did when I got the machine home was to take apart every connection I could find and added Dielectric Grease.  I took every ground connection apart, cleaned the metal surface with a BRASS wire brush, coated with dielectric grease.  I use the machine for Farm work as well as hunting.  Been through 3 ft of water with no issues.  That said, if you are having electrical issues, check your powers and grounds first.  Then you can trace down any issue's 

I have a 2015 Massimo Alligator 700 Wide Body I bought used about 3 years ago. The only problem I've had is overheating. Then I learned how to bleed the cooling system properly and problem gone! Only complaint I have is it is hot in the summer. Has bucket seats with the engine in between. Nice in the winter when I plow snow. I've added a tip out windshield, rear cab encloser, back up lights off road lights and electronic power steering to it. I love it, it's a beast. Oh, and I put a real temp gauge on it, but haven't needed it since I got the bleeding issue figured out. Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, Steve Herndon said:

I have a 2015 Massimo Alligator 700 Wide Body I bought used about 3 years ago. The only problem I've had is overheating. Then I learned how to bleed the cooling system properly and problem gone! Only complaint I have is it is hot in the summer. Has bucket seats with the engine in between. Nice in the winter when I plow snow. I've added a tip out windshield, rear cab encloser, back up lights off road lights and electronic power steering to it. I love it, it's a beast. Oh, and I put a real temp gauge on it, but haven't needed it since I got the bleeding issue figured out. Hope this helps. 

How did you bleed the air out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry have not been on the forum since that post. I don't agree with running the engine while doing this. If the engine is at operating temp, the coolant is expanded. That's the reason it has a reservoir. If the cap is replaced while it' hot it will not be full when it cools down and can create an air lock in the system. I do mine with the front jacked up and engine cold and not running. Make sure the reservoir is at the full mark before you start. There are two bleeders for the system. One on top at what looks like a thermostat housing, and one on the lower part of the water pump. Bleed the upper one first, then go to the lower one and bleed. I complete this process at least one more time, making sure the radiator stays full. let the front end down and replace the cap. I have never had it overheat since I did it this way. I used to do it with the engine running and had problems a couple times. I asw this method on a youtube video and it made sense. Hasn't let me down yet.

Just bought a T-Boss 410 for small hobby farm use and love it so far, have only had it month but use it every day.  Bought mine from Farm and Home and the guys there are great!  The speedometer didn't work but the service guys came to my place and fixed it.  Overall, very happy so far!   I got a gray colored one and am really pleased with the choice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a new to me 2017 Massimo MSU500 (760 miles 103hrs). Its been great so far and its exactly what I wanted.

I am and have been doing some minor customizations:

Line Xed the bed,  Light bar with dash switch,  2" lift, Hunting graphics,  1.5" tire spacers,   rear window and these items to be done soon - Rear Bumper, Quiet Muffler, Clutch Slugs, may put 10" rim on front like is on back and some sort of cargo bags.

My only real complaint is mechanically it could use a bit more torque on low end and aftermarket parts are limited.