Quantcast

Cab enclousure with heat?

rockfish777

Does anybody have a cab enclosure with heat? How do you like it? I like going to Western Md. in the snow 12-24" in the mountains. Do you think the Trooper can go in drifts 24" deep? We get the 4 wheelers stuck in the deep drifts, and after about an hour it gets mighty cold from the snow blowing in your face.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the cab enclosure but no heat ... the cab helps keep the wind off quite a bit mind you. As far as going through snow up to 24" deep I believe you're going to find it pretty rough going. I had my trooper out in the snow last winter and it always got stuck in the deep stuff .. hangs up in the centre. Now if you're riding some place where you can keep your speed up then that might be ok, but as soon as you slow down, expect to do some digging.

Good luck with your trip.

I installed a "Summit Racing SUM-991102" under the front of my trooper and used the duct kit to pipe it in. even without a cab it keeps me pretty warm at slower speeds with the windshield. I was a little concerned about coolant flow coming from the front of the head only but my worries have been put to rest so far. I am looking at having to tear down the motor this summer anyway after the air cleaner incident so I figured it would be a good time to gamble. Only problem I have is coming out of the hills doesn't work the engine hard enough to keep it warm. Drive faster I guess?? :P

We recently received 24" of snow in Central Virginia and used this as an opportunity to put the Trooper T2 through some of the worst.

In 24" of powdery snow the Joyner Trooper T2 will move and even go up slight hills. Once the snow became more dense, the front of the Trooper would compact the 24" of snow to the 14" of ground clearance and high center on the newly formed snow pack.

Snowplow Option for the Joyner UTV Line

Team Joyner just came out with a new snow plow option that retails in the $600 range. The blade is raised and lowered using your stock winch. With this snow plow on a Trooper T2, I was able to go through the deepest drift because I would set the blade to my skid plate height with it turned completely to the side. This accessory allowed me to assist the Red Cross in the rescue of an old lady stuck on a mountain where no 4x4 trucks were able to go.

Jake Davis

www.VaDuneBuggy.com

post-494-1262418675_thumb.jpg

Welcome Jake, the more dealers, the better for all of us and that's a great story about assisting the red cross. Thanks for the info on the snow plough too. What's the lastest on the 650cc engines, are they a gone burger? I had a look at your website and like the way you have set up your business with a different approach making it more personal and offering different services. I reckon you're do well.

Cheers Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
The rescue was in the remote mountains and was undocumented by any media. With so many missions that day, there wasn't any time to even think about taking some pictures.

It's not the Trooper nor the pictures but the rescue. It's getting harder these days to find people that are willing to consider someone else rather then their own personal greed. Again, good for you and you get a "That a boy". You know the old saying, if you get 1000 "That a boys" you get to have lunch with the boss. Unfortunately in todays world, if you get just one "Awl shit", you start all over again. :o:angry: I'm sorry, I just heard on CNBC that 38 companies gave out $150 billion last year in bonuses. A new record. :angry: This makes the good guys stand out and the bad guys even worse.

Lenny