Quantcast

What are you doing to get ready?

rocmoc

The motorhome is all ready. I am working on my trailer. Decided to take my longer trailer, with dirtbike if enough room, and having to do some mods to handle the Trooper. It is narrower than the race trailer so I'm having to put the stock tires & wheels on the Trooper to load. Kind of like hauling a monster truck where they take off the huge tires in transport and put them back on when they arrive at their adventure location, LOL. Trooper is basically ready. Leaving the dirt on the body and cleaning just the air cleaner & windshield.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The motorhome is all ready. I am working on my trailer. Decided to take my longer trailer, with dirtbike if enough room, and having to do some mods to handle the Trooper. It is narrower than the race trailer so I'm having to put the stock tires & wheels on the Trooper to load. Kind of like hauling a monster truck where they take off the huge tires in transport and put them back on when they arrive at their adventure location, LOL. Trooper is basically ready. Leaving the dirt on the body and cleaning just the air cleaner & windshield.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Yea, WHAT are you getting ready for, I'm ready now, got the motor home inspected and registration renewed, changed the starter today - it was starting to drag real bad, Trooper is inspected and registered, just finished pulling the engine and resealing the pan to engine added a few fun toys, adding some new LED lights to the front.

Yes, I am ready to go play. Now I just need some good weather, don't want to play in the mud.

Kinarfi

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Nothing yet other then getting work done on the job to lesson the chance of not being able to go.Got the diff upgrade from Lenny(still in the package) change all the oil and filters in the Motorhome and Trooper(not done) Clean the MH and Trooper(not done) wanted to change the shocks(guess that wont happen) and continue to pray I can get the time off.Other then that Im ready...

rocmoc, since your about ready come on over and get some of my stuff done for me.Im sure you will even have enough time to wax my MH. I will make sure yo wear a safty harness,unlike someone else we know.(LOL)

Nothing yet other then getting work done on the job to lesson the chance of not being able to go.Got the diff upgrade from Lenny(still in the package) change all the oil and filters in the Motorhome and Trooper(not done) Clean the MH and Trooper(not done) wanted to change the shocks(guess that wont happen) and continue to pray I can get the time off.Other then that Im ready...

rocmoc, since your about ready come on over and get some of my stuff done for me.Im sure you will even have enough time to wax my MH. I will make sure yo wear a safty harness,unlike someone else we know.(LOL)

CAN'T, would love to tho.

House Guest coming next two weekends. Wedding next weekend. Insulation and electrical roughed into new bedroom so we are installing drywall & plaster next week. Biggie is we got the garden planted yesterday. I waxed the motorhome over a week, a little everyday. EVEN the top/roof! What a pain of a job.

AND I still have the trailer mods to do.

And I am losing this weekend to another commitment.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

CAN'T, would love to tho.

House Guest coming next two weekends. Wedding next weekend. Insulation and electrical roughed into new bedroom so we are installing drywall & plaster next week. Biggie is we got the garden planted yesterday. I waxed the motorhome over a week, a little everyday. EVEN the top/roof! What a pain of a job.

AND I still have the trailer mods to do.

And I am losing this weekend to another commitment.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Okay your off the hook.I have to get busy so we will be ready.Looking forward to meeting you people.

What a pain!

Trooper won't fit on the long trailer unless I put the stock rims & tires on. Stock rims & tires don't fit anymore since I moved the lower rear shock mount. Stock rims & tires had not been mounted on the Trooper in 4 years and had no idea they did not fit. I have been hauling around a spare that would not work if I needed it, stock rear rim. I have not replaced it with one of the front rims. Always thought I could just move a tire around to where I needed it but NO. At least the spare issue is resolved.

SO I either have to widen the long trailer

OR buy new tires for the race trailer

OR buy new hubs with the same bolt pattern as the long trailer and use the good wheels & tires from the long trailer. I will have to go to a trailer supply in Tucson and see if I can find the parts I need and if this is possible. Bearing races have to match.

OR buy a new bigger trailer and just sale the other two. This is what I would like to do if I can find a DEAL on Craigslist.

AND if I take the race trailer I will need to add a mount some way for the dirtbike if I want to bring it. The race trailer is too short.

Bummer!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Well; as much as I WANTED to make it; it doesn't look like thats gonna be a reality this year. Too many other variables in the way. But I did get inspired and got a few things done preparing for the trip. So there's THAT!

I got the paint and bodywork done and bought Maxxis BigHorns for the front and some LED Tail lights. Yes; that is a painters screen used for a "grill". Perfect size............and CHEAP!

Paint is Silver metalflake watercolors by Auto Air Colors. (Although it looks almost white in the photo's) This stuff is hard to use! I ran into MANY problems with it (mostly because of the humidity and it stayed pretty cold all through this spring)

I hope you guys have a blast! Maybe I'll be able to join up with you next year.

Paint2.jpg?t=1306876971

Paint1-1.jpg?t=1306877090

Well; as much as I WANTED to make it; it doesn't look like thats gonna be a reality this year. Too many other variables in the way. But I did get inspired and got a few things done preparing for the trip. So there's THAT!

I got the paint and bodywork done and bought Maxxis BigHorns for the front and some LED Tail lights. Yes; that is a painters screen used for a "grill". Perfect size............and CHEAP!

Paint is Silver metalflake watercolors by Auto Air Colors. (Although it looks almost white in the photo's) This stuff is hard to use! I ran into MANY problems with it (mostly because of the humidity and it stayed pretty cold all through this spring)

Paint2.jpg?t=1306876971

Looks real good,sorry to hear you wont be coming.

Paint2.jpg?t=1306876971

In the photo of the front. Are the orange & blue water drops, think that is what they are, paint or decals? Looks good! Too bad we aren't going to be able to get it DIRTY.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Yep; they are airbrushed on. I am still going to do something on the big center bump on the hood; but all I can come up with is a skull. But EVERYBODY Has skulls! And I'm not much in to skulls. (Same reason I didn't do hot rod flames. Everybody has flames!) LOL! I dunno; I'll figure something out. Maybe a small mural or something. The square bumps and scoops (what will be scoops) will be gloss black with some kind of design on em. Sure wish we could make it; but like you said; I'm not sure I would want to get it dirty! :)

Sounds good Quig. Hey ; check out these coupla places. Not too far from Boise. In Oregon, private land is about the only place to ride a SXS other than the dunes. I've talked (e-mailed) to these folks and they tell me SXSs are welcome! I know all the pics are of ATVs but I specifically asked about Side by Sides. My wife and I are gonna go take a look in a couple of weeks.

http://www.morrowcountyparks.org/ohvpark.asp

http://www.sumpterpinesrvpark.com/atvs.html

Sounds good Quig. Hey ; check out these coupla places. Not too far from Boise. In Oregon, private land is about the only place to ride a SXS other than the dunes. I've talked (e-mailed) to these folks and they tell me SXSs are welcome! I know all the pics are of ATVs but I specifically asked about Side by Sides. My wife and I are gonna go take a look in a couple of weeks.

http://www.morrowcountyparks.org/ohvpark.asp

http://www.sumpterpinesrvpark.com/atvs.html

The parks look great!! Boise is 110 mi. from me.. We need to plan something, if it ever quits raining,& gets warmer.. Stay in touch.., Quig

Yep; they are airbrushed on. I am still going to do something on the big center bump on the hood; but all I can come up with is a skull. But EVERYBODY Has skulls! And I'm not much in to skulls. (Same reason I didn't do hot rod flames. Everybody has flames!) LOL! I dunno; I'll figure something out. Maybe a small mural or something. The square bumps and scoops (what will be scoops) will be gloss black with some kind of design on em. Sure wish we could make it; but like you said; I'm not sure I would want to get it dirty! :)

Do you do it or someone else?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Do you do it or someone else?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Naw; I did it. I've been airbrushing since the 70s. (OLD school; LOL!) But it's been years since I've picked one up. They've changed a bit but the same concept. Using that water based paint was a pain though. Thats gonna take some more practice. The mix has to be perfect or it won't spray correctly. Add flake to it and it gets really tough. (Sorry; thats probably way more info than you were asking for. I don't get out much. Heh heh!)

Looks good and very professional. What about doing 1100cc in some cool writing on the sides of the hump on the hood? I like people to notice the CC's the Trooper has. Or, just airbrush MY MOTOR IS BIGGER THAN YOURS :lol:

Looks good and very professional. What about doing 1100cc in some cool writing on the sides of the hump on the hood? I like people to notice the CC's the Trooper has. Or, just airbrush MY MOTOR IS BIGGER THAN YOURS :lol:

LOL! Yeah; thats a good idea doing something like that on the sides. I still need to fab some doors or "step over" body sides; but putting an 1100 CCs "logo" would be a good idea. Hey, maybe if I paint the hood hump black; I could do a top down view of a V8 motor with a blower on it! :lol: That'd work for Lenny's car.

Guest Lenny

I'm trying to heal real fast,, doesn't always work for oldman!!! I go away for few days ,no one posts!! Whats up, come on, this forum is my " life" sad, huh? lol :D :D

We are all just waiting for you to get better. Did you have your surgery?

Lenny

We are all just waiting for you to get better. Did you have your surgery?

Lenny

Need you guys to post,talk, gives me something to do!! lol,,, Yes, had surgery thurs, doing pretty good, can't talk, but everyone agrees thats a good thing? I have tendancy to talk quite a bit? I guess? lol,,,, Now to heal up, finish getting damage to mtrhm fixed, then maybe make jamboree! I'm coming down to see you & Jeff, even if I don't make jamboree. Try to catch you guys at hm, maybe show me some trails. Dr. said I have to be pretty careful until it heals real good. Might just come to visit? If I can talk by then!!!

Need you guys to post,talk, gives me something to do!! lol,,, Yes, had surgery thurs, doing pretty good, can't talk, but everyone agrees thats a good thing? I have tendancy to talk quite a bit? I guess? lol,,,, Now to heal up, finish getting damage to mtrhm fixed, then maybe make jamboree! I'm coming down to see you & Jeff, even if I don't make jamboree. Try to catch you guys at hm, maybe show me some trails. Dr. said I have to be pretty careful until it heals real good. Might just come to visit? If I can talk by then!!!

Hope you get well and at least come to the jamboree to give me a hard time(lol) what happened to your motorhome?

Hope you get well and at least come to the jamboree to give me a hard time(lol) what happened to your motorhome?

Quig's Law? Quig buys 1996 mtrhm, 50,000miles, everything works, they deliver from Tx, everything still works!! Quig drives 45 miles, has blowout inside dual!! Takes out major wiring harness, some plumbing, broke corner off fresh water tank, pulled 12 volt wires loose from info panel, no ac,no wh, destroyed storage compartment where tank was. So, just getting those minor things fixed, will be set. I realize these are only "minor" physical set backs, could have been much worse.!! No one was injured...

I have to try & make jamboree just to hassle "you" : :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was able to spend a little time over the weekend getting things ready.I changed all the oils,engine,diffs,trans, and cleaned and oiled the air filter.I also put a tee in the small vacumm line from the intake manifold to the valve cover and ran a line to the regulator as suggested for the fuel controller.Got a few more small things to do and then its on to the Motorhome.

Guest Lenny

Starting to do the final once overs to get ready for the Jamboree. Oil change, greese, clean up, checking all joints (ball u-joints etc). I also checked carefully each and every weld joint with a flashlight and close up look. This included pulling the underside rock guard plates to to be able to see underside weld joints and look up into the framwork. Found a small hairline crack in a joint under the drivers seat at the outside lower tubing running from front to rear. About 3/4" long and very slight. Will get it welded up tomorrow along with adding an aprox !/8" by 3/4" flat strip along underside to reinforce midway joints on both sides. This is the second time I found frame cracks. Neither have caused any problems, being caught in time. I hammer mine through some pretty rough stuff sometimes while checking my suspension setup. These cracks could be a result of heavily stressing the frame in a way others are not. Just the same I suggest that everyone check for cracks occasionally anyway. Supposed to get with the Dyno guy this week to do final tuning. Waiting for his call. His dyno was down with a bad bearing but he should get it Monday so hopefully all is a go. Starting to get excited about seeing and meeting everyone. This is the second time I will have met up with Ricksrb so don't have to be nice anymore and can give him a hard time. While maybe not, he is a real nice guy. Ah, what the heck, do it anyway.

Lenny

Starting to do the final once overs to get ready for the Jamboree. Oil change, greese, clean up, checking all joints (ball u-joints etc). I also checked carefully each and every weld joint with a flashlight and close up look. This included pulling the underside rock guard plates to to be able to see underside weld joints and look up into the framwork. Found a small hairline crack in a joint under the drivers seat at the outside lower tubing running from front to rear. About 3/4" long and very slight. Will get it welded up tomorrow along with adding an aprox !/8" by 3/4" flat strip along underside to reinforce midway joints on both sides. This is the second time I found frame cracks. Neither have caused any problems, being caught in time. I hammer mine through some pretty rough stuff sometimes while checking my suspension setup. These cracks could be a result of heavily stressing the frame in a way others are not. Just the same I suggest that everyone check for cracks occasionally anyway. Supposed to get with the Dyno guy this week to do final tuning. Waiting for his call. His dyno was down with a bad bearing but he should get it Monday so hopefully all is a go. Starting to get excited about seeing and meeting everyone. This is the second time I will have met up with Ricksrb so don't have to be nice anymore and can give him a hard time. While maybe not, he is a real nice guy. Ah, what the heck, do it anyway.

Lenny

Sounds like you have been getting pointers from Quig.Cant believe you would talk that way after the fact I never mentioned to anyone that i went through a set of brake pads when we went out together just keeping from running into the back of you while you were at full bore trying to lose me.Had to keep my foot on the brakes the whole time.If anyone believes that i have a bridge i would like to sell them(LOL).Really looking forward to seeing you and your better half again.Cant wait to meet the others also,long time chatting but nothing like face to face.I am getting excited,just wish i had the time to do more before the jamboree.By the way if i remember right there was a few of you offering to pitch in some cash for gas to the one who was driving the most miles to get there,i will be leaving from Honalulu.

Guest Lenny

Sounds like you have been getting pointers from Quig.Cant believe you would talk that way after the fact I never mentioned to anyone that i went through a set of brake pads when we went out together just keeping from running into the back of you while you were at full bore trying to lose me.Had to keep my foot on the brakes the whole time.If anyone believes that i have a bridge i would like to sell them(LOL).Really looking forward to seeing you and your better half again.Cant wait to meet the others also,long time chatting but nothing like face to face.I am getting excited,just wish i had the time to do more before the jamboree.By the way if i remember right there was a few of you offering to pitch in some cash for gas to the one who was driving the most miles to get there,i will be leaving from Honalulu.

My twenty five buck is still up for grabs to the one who drives the farthest to the Jamboree. Thats the distance from home and does not include if you stop by the Jamboree on your way coming home to Moab from an Alaskin trip. By the way Ricksrb, that is the clutch between the engine and the transmission, not the brake pads. It usually wears out when someone tries to over work their rig while trying to keep up with someone. I have to admit, I was unable to shake you. I think you were cheating and short cutting the trail at spots. By the way just because Rocmoc isn't coming, that doesn't let him off the hook for the $25 he offered, $15 to the one who drives the farthest and $10 to second farthest. I think we need to hold him to it. After all, he is the one who set the date for the Jamboree. Besides, Rocmoc working on his house isn't a valid excuse for not coming. I heard that he doesn't even own a home but and that new motor home he bought isn't as represented but a VW bus with a camper top. I think that is where he lives. :unsure::blink::o:lol::P

By the way, I think I might have some ocean front land in AZ if anyone is interested; cheap.

Lenny

My twenty five buck is still up for grabs to the one who drives the farthest to the Jamboree. Thats the distance from home and does not include if you stop by the Jamboree on your way coming home to Moab from an Alaskin trip. By the way Ricksrb, that is the clutch between the engine and the transmission, not the brake pads. It usually wears out when someone tries to over work their rig while trying to keep up with someone. I have to admit, I was unable to shake you. I think you were cheating and short cutting the trail at spots. By the way just because Rocmoc isn't coming, that doesn't let him off the hook for the $25 he offered, $15 to the one who drives the farthest and $10 to second farthest. I think we need to hold him to it. After all, he is the one who set the date for the Jamboree. Besides, Rocmoc working on his house isn't a valid excuse for not coming. I heard that he doesn't even own a home but and that new motor home he bought isn't as represented but a VW bus with a camper top. I think that is where he lives. :unsure::blink::o:lol::P

By the way, I think I might have some ocean front land in AZ if anyone is interested; cheap.

Lenny

I must have missed something,I did not know he wasnt going to make it.I was really looking forward to meeting him and his better half also,thats a bummer.