Quantcast

Merry Christmas

Jarrad

Well I am just working away on boats, I picked up a new hobby, racing rc cars and trucks, I have managed to squeez 3.75hp out of my 0.21 CID engine on 30% nitro, so that's been keeping me busy, also we had another addition to the family 2 months ago so that takes up the rest of my free time. Other than that life's great on my end, how about everyone else?

Wow, that's 3.44cc or 1.09hp per cc. Lets see, my Trooper is 1083cc so that would be 1180hp. That's better then the double A fuel dragsters. I could lite up all 4 wheels with that kind of power, in 5th. RC cars are pretty neat and with that kind of power they must be real extream. We have missed you on the board but we are all still one big happy family. Things for me have been good. Building a new roll cage and have changed my fenders a bit, added carbon fibre racing seats and a glass windshield (rear window of a 1972 Maverick, It will be a whole new look. Won't have pics until March. Still a work in progress.

Lenny

Ford product on a Joyner? Well there is at least one part that will be reliable :) I will grab some photos and vid of my truck after it stops raining and dries up a bit. I have been experimenting with mixing my own fuel, turning out well so far, although my garage work shop looks like a mad scientist was turned loose in there

Do you use methenol in your mixture to help keep things cool. I did that when I was running nitro in my motorcycle hillclimber, a stretched out and stripped down 750 cc Triumph pushing about 115hp.. It backfired once when trying to start it and broke the cylinder head off at its base. Wild stuff that nitro.

Lenny

Yes methanol and nitro and a special mix of oils 30% nitro, 61% methanol, 9% oil. I bought a used motor, and when it comes in I am going to shim the head to lower compression a bit, go 2 steps colder on the plug, then try a 45% nitro 48% methanol, and 7% oil mix, since it is not my race motor, if it blows the rod out the bottom, not a big deal, but if things work well then I will work it on over to the other engine.

Rc vehicles are a blast .... I have owned and raced cars from 1/12th thru 1/4 scale. On road and off road. Even had a elec motorcycle in there somewhere.

Currently have 1/6 scale rc tank thet shoots paintballs and a couple 1/16 scale tanks that shoot airsoft.

Merry Christmas to all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mcraigchr
      I realize that many of you do not have diesel machines.  For those that do, this is for you:
      Just wanted to post my experience this past week.  Here in Texas, we had pretty good dip in temps.  For 4 days it did not get above 25.  At night, it was single digits or close to it.  I always put Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer in the storage tank (30 gallon).  And up until this tank I was using Power Service (white bottle) for anti-gel.  Never had an issue.
      This tank, however, I switched to Stabil All season (anti gel).  It is supposed to good down to -40.  Zap.  That is a big fat lie.  I put in twice the amount called for in the instructions.  Result was less than optimal.  I drove the SxS 100 feet (to go get the mail) and it died.  I looked at the fuel bowl and it was a cloudy, wax substance.  So, the Stabil did not work.  That said, I'm not sure that I ever tested the Power Service in the same manner.  So I am not saying that one is better than the other.
      What are your experiences?  Are these products inferior?  What do you folks in the northern states / Canada use?  Am I missing something?
      CC
    • By Hisun .500
      So my hisun 500 is tore up and all the wiring is wasted i was wondering can i pull out all the wiring and just put in the. Basics .please help
    • By Kevin M
      Hello all. I am new to this forum and new to SxS in general. I recently purchased an 16 Odes Dom 800 with the issue of a prominent knocking noise at idle and it’s very jerky in forward and reverse gears. It does not sound like an engine knock. I bought it cheap knowing about this problem with hopes of it being a cheap and fairly easy fix that I can do myself. Would a bad belt be the cause this symptom? I’m looking for a starting point to begin diagnosing and fixing the problem. I recorded a video of it but am not sure if I can post it on the forum. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    • By robwork9
      Hopefully someone out there is a T-Boss 410 electrics expert or a Massimo mechanic is viewing this. I parked my 410 and it was working great. I came back a week later and attempted to crank it and nothing. Turned the key and no power. Figured it was a bad/low battery so I charged it. Still nothing. Attempted to jump start it and still nothing. Usually when I put the key in and turn it to the first position, the display comes on and I hear the ECU and other items boot. Now it is doing nothing. 
      I slowly went through the electrical system and found the main fuse attached to the starter relay, part 71602 (pic 1) blown. I figured replacing this fuse would fix my problem. It didn't. I then ordered a new starter relay thinking maybe that part had gone bad and caused the fuse to blow, but a new relay did not fix the problem. 
      I have found a work around for starting the machine. If I take one of the purple/black leads (pic 2) and insert one of them in the bottom right of the starter relay (pic 1 and 3) then the machine will get power even with the key in the off position.  I'm bypassing something but don't know what. I can use my right hand to hold the wire against the lower right of the starter relay, reach over and hold the brake with my foot, then take my left hand and turn the key and it will crank. As soon as I remove the wire from the relay the machine shuts down. I have even removed the power distributor box and it will still get power when I touch the wire to the relay. Of course this is not the way it should work but if I can't solve this problem somehow I may just have to rig a connector to the relay and bypass whatever is causing the electrical issue. Massimo has told me the purple/black wires on my model are not used.
      Any help in figuring what my problem may be or other items I can try?
      v/r,
      Rw

• By Travis
      In case i forget, MERRY CHRISTMAS!