Quantcast

ricksrb

With your 4x4 pin, the problem is more then likely in the cable going from th front to the rear. The stock cable will rust and eventually starting hanging up. You will need to replace it.

Lenny

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With your 4x4 pin, the problem is more then likely in the cable going from th front to the rear. The stock cable will rust and eventually starting hanging up. You will need to replace it.

Lenny

I have same thing happening with my front 4x4 and throttle cable as well. I used wax lubricant for quick fix but new cables are recommended

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I learned my lesson its gonna be the cable after I had my rear diff rebuilt the pin didnt slide as it should. I went back and forth with this looked at the entire cable there was a rust spot on it were the cable had worn down and a kink in the cable it would kinda pull but not relax go back to 2wd, I got a new cable from JMC works better than ever if you do replace your cable make sure there are no harsh bends in it that will bind it up to. Just went threw this new cable is 15$ jmc

So I took a look at my swing arm shock mount its all the way at the edge top side of the swing arm close to the tire I guess I could move it back but idk I found this cool stuff today at lows to close up behind the dash it's PVC paper that's what they call it and I cleaned surface and use 2 sided tape and gorilla tape cost 20$ and if it tears I got plenty more

• 2 weeks later...

Once I get some more spare cash, I'll be going the Lenny way, adding a mount with three holes, moving the diff lower, adding a 1/2 plate on the bottom (cus I beat the shit out of my 3/16), and. well. that's it. for now.

As for being disheartened Charlie, I've played on some other machines back home, and I prefer the joyner.

Try to twist back my left swing arm. Got it with in 1 degree, try for the last bit and had the bar that I was using dent the upper and lower tubing. I thought about repairing it, but went with buying two new swing arms. I got a good price from Silver Bullet. Frankie Got them to me in 4 Days after payment. Going to box the new ones.

Also Lenny you were right on the 4x4 cable, was bad replaced the 2 front works great.

Just curious here: Are swingarms twisted on machines with bigger tires, or are they twisted with stock tires too? Careful on answering - because if it's only on bigger tires, then the arms should be boxed before throwing bigger tires on. Otherwise, nothing much to worry about if you're running stock.

They twist on regular tires also, I have always run 28" tires, got rid of the stocks and went with General Grabber AT2 27x8.50 R14 95Q 6PR OWL shortly after I got it.

I've boxed mine, but if you look at post #51 on http://www.utvboard.com/topic/2915-front-suspension-heim-joints-ball-joints-etc/page-3 you'll how far out of plumb my wheels are. That may be my next project this winter.

well i have checked my swing arms and I dont really see a twist, on my 09 the rear shock mount on the swingarm is as close to the outside as it can be and close to the tire front to back I also have only 800 miles i think on my trooper and lowers speeds than what you guuys travel at but the next time its outta the garage I wil take a better look

well i have checked my swing arms and I dont really see a twist, on my 09 the rear shock mount on the swingarm is as close to the outside as it can be and close to the tire front to back I also have only 800 miles i think on my trooper and lowers speeds than what you guuys travel at but the next time its outta the garage I wil take a better look

Charlie

I have a 2009 with 1200 miles on it, I thought that my tires were leaning a little in on top at 800 miles, but thought it would be ok. I do run my hard and fast. After a trip to Gordan Wells and a few hard runs a Test Hill I Twisted them a little more. It would be a good Idea to box in them to help from twisting them.

Good Luck Glenn