Quantcast

My Trooper is listed on Ebay

Guest Lenny

Guest Lenny

Finally got the T2 listed on Ebay. We'll see what kind of response I get. Hopefully someone will appreciate all the upgrades I've done and recognize how much work was involved. Its built to be treated rough, real rough. Anyway, thought I would mention the listing here. You might like to see the list of upgrades I've done. Really hope someone buys it to race. Its almost scary fast even in the rough stuff.

Lenny

Guest Lenny

Everything is fine, Thank you. Its time to build one from scratch. Besides this one is about done and I'm running out of things to do to it. Can't have something that doesn't need work done to it. We'll get to ride again. The Jamborees have been a great place to meet forum members, they need to continue on and I will plan on coming.

Can't believe it until I looked on ebay and saw you actually have it for sale. I know you will be around and we will still have our jamborees but won't be quite the same. Now they won't be a Joyner jamboree but a whatever you have to ride jamboree. Good luck on the sale and will call you here soon to catch up. Start building whatever it is you have in mind so we can go out again in October/November. Time will fly.

Lenny I read your add on ebay, man you really changed that thing up WOW!! I was wondering what the coil number by accel was that you installed I dont have a problem with it yet. and looks like as far as my steering goes you might be righht i think it slipped on the pinion shaft like it did a few mounths ago. Just gotta pull it apart I have anothere pinion and shaft but I think the shaft is from a renagade is it possible to press the u joints out use the bottom half of the new shaft and install it on the old shaft so its all real tight

Guest Lenny

Don't try to remove the u-joint but instead cut the shaft a few inches from it and using a sleeve, splice in onto the old shaft. I'll look up the coil info when I get a chance and get back.

Guest Lenny

Coil is the Accel #140018 and the ignition wires are Napa #700912. The upper seal portion of the spark plug ends of the wires needs to be sized down a bit to fit into the head cover. I did this on a grinder.

Guest Lenny

Wow, almost 2000 viewers looked at my Ebay listing. A lot were probably repeat viewers but it is still a lot. No offers so I'm going to do a few things different. I'm going to bring it back to Shawn Church for doing a final Dyno tuning. I've changed the porting and the muffler since he last did it so it needs some updating. I suspect it will show more hp when done. Should be able to get that without upsing the RPM limit. I'm also going to take the trailer out of the offering along with the Lowrance GPS, paddle tires and spare parts.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lenny

Got my final dyno tuning done today. 130.5hp and 125.8lb/ft torque. That's nearly a 10Hp increase and 6lb/ft increase on torque. This is the first time that I punched it on asphalt when in a slight turn and it broke loose and spun sidewise. RPM limit still set at 5700rpms and at 130.5hp, the chart is still showing no signs of starting to rollover. The hp looks like it would easily keep climbing if I were to raise the rev limit. That is for someone lese to play with. After all there is some point where it will blow but I don't think I'm near there yet. Trooper is sold. I'm going to miss it.

Guest Lenny

Well, I took it for a test drive today. It added more then I thought it would. The torque curve chart shows the torque higher by about 15lb/ft. in the lower rpm range. Now when I punch it from say about 1500rpms, with the rear diff locked and my 31x10.5 tires at about 10psi, it sort of brakes loose almost violently. Enough so that you could easily loose it. On the little test trail I run on, I found myself going off the side of the trail into the desert plants by 2 and 3 feet a few times because it started to fishtail all over when I got into it hard. Probably a good time for it to be sold. I have a tendency to get a little crazy when on the trails some times, just ask Rocmoc. Now if you get crazy, this thing could hurt you. I must be getting old. Decided to go to something safer so I went out and bought a Honda motocrosser. Nice to feel a lot safer again. At 68, I'm well into being a kid again and with some kids, there are some things you just have to take away from them or they will hurt themselves.