Quantcast

Detbohica

Riding in Mexicali Mexico

I enjoy riding in Laguna Salada and the Canon Guadalupe in Mexicali. You need to know the area if you are going to go deep into the Salada, otherwise you find yourself half way to San Felipe. There is a nice dune hill on the north..."this is no Glamis" just one hill. There are many tracks that have been run by Score, Code, and ZR racing through the Salada, along the mountains, and through some woops. You can spend an entire day here without hitting the same area twice, another great run is from Rumarosa down into Laguan Hanson. This is more scenic, or fast paced depends on how you want to run it. I guess overall the BAJA is the place to ride, since there is massive amounts of area to ride all the way to Cabo.

I used to prerun for off road racing down there alot, some very pretty country in mexico, Quit going down there 2 years ago. Just don't know if it is safe anymore.

Well as an American and living here in Mexicali I feel very comfortable. Mexicali is a complete different city that most of the border towns, since it is in the middle of no where, and the extreme heat there is no tourism, it is just the people that have their familys. I am very comfortable being here, like any city in the world there are some sections I always stay away from, but for many years I lived in Orange County, and It has its DisneyLand, then it has its shares of problems. If someone were wanting to ride in Mexico, I would always suggest come through Tecate, or Mexicali and access the BAJA from here.

Detbohica, I was looking at your area on Google Earth, when you go out to play in the dunes, do you go to Glamis or to your south east area, do you ever ride the Gulf of California?

We need to have a Joyner Trooper Rally in El Golfo, Mexico. El Gofo is less than two hours South of Yuma. Huge dunes with beach camping.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Spring '09. We have to make two trips to CA. and then we are off to Mexico for a couple of months. Without the Trooper! I will be online and would love to attend/meet anytime after Feb.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Lets plan a trip, Just had my nefew give me a seet of tires he was using to race his rhyno, The rhyno was not strong enough to pull them.They are 29" tall so they match the 1300x15s pretty good, Any way i have 2 complete sets of tires plus the 2 paddles. I am shure we could find the best set-up for the sand. I am going to put them on the basset steel wheels so lug-nuts won't be a problem

4x4x454.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I grew up in Kansas. I loved it as a kid, would visit but would never live there again. Why only moving as far as South Dakota. That is further North than Kansas and Kansas winters are horrible. Never again will I live somewhere that cold in the winter. Yeah, move on down. I can play year round. We except everone. AZ is a meltling pot of people.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Don't know if I could talk my wife into it. All our kids and family live up here. Also cost of living would be much more I think but won't stop me from dreaming.

Understand the kid thing. Also lived 20 years of our lives for the kids. THEN we talked to older people who had abandoned there desire to live other places to stay by the kids. About half were sorry they had not followed their dreams. We decided the heck with it, they can visit. Now they are a thousand miles away. It is always a balance. Hay, you can come and visit. If you have an RV, I have three 30 amp services and water. No sewer hookup. Don't forget to bring the Trooper. Then we can travel to El Golfo. We are a day away. Or just leave from the house for rock & desert riding.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thanks but unfortunately no RV. We have a lake cabin and spend all our free time there. But I think we are going to sell it so maybe some day we will get an RV.

Detbohica, I was looking at your area on Google Earth, when you go out to play in the dunes, do you go to Glamis or to your south east area, do you ever ride the Gulf of California?

Kinarfi,

Let's see since I have had the T4, I have only ridden on some small dunes in Mexicali, but I have ridden my quad, and a motorcycle all over Glamis a few years ago the north side near Highway 76. I have also ridden El Golfo which is to the southeast of me in Mexico on my quad. I need to buy a rim and a a couple of tires, and will try to get out again soon to Glamis.

It looks like I'm going to Ocotillo Wells near the Anza Borrego Desert on November 8th, so I need to buy them quick, or I will be riding the quad.

Also I would love to take part in a Trooper meeting, you guys have knowledge that I need. I kind of have 2 many thumbs, but with instuctions I can figure it out. I would be have to travel around to AZ, Ca, or Mexico for a weekend or so.

Kinarfi,

Let's see since I have had the T4, I have only ridden on some small dunes in Mexicali, but I have ridden my quad, and a motorcycle all over Glamis a few years ago the north side near Highway 76. I have also ridden El Golfo which is to the southeast of me in Mexico on my quad. I need to buy a rim and a a couple of tires, and will try to get out again soon to Glamis.

It looks like I'm going to Ocotillo Wells near the Anza Borrego Desert on November 8th, so I need to buy them quick, or I will be riding the quad.

Also I would love to take part in a Trooper meeting, you guys have knowledge that I need. I kind of have 2 many thumbs, but with instuctions I can figure it out. I would be have to travel around to AZ, Ca, or Mexico for a weekend or so.

Borrego is a nice little town, we have spent alot of time horse camping there with my father-in-law. We haven't been there for a few years but I remember seeing people camping out in the desert with their quads and buggys going towards the Salton Sea. Have fun on your trip and take lots of pictures, we'ld love to see them.

Cinda

I will start working on a spring trip over the next couple of weeks. I will start a new thread/topic in Joyner.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico