Quantcast

Weather

Wow we have been having a fun few days. Saturday we had high wind, the back of one of our stalls was torn apart and the neighbor had a huge storageshed on the back of a flatbed trailer that was picked up and thrown to the ground, not much left of it. Sunday the weather was nice and we spent the day repairing the damage and doing cleanup, the pool had over an inch of dirt in it, leaves to be raked and of course the stall to be repaired. Got up this morning to bone chilling cold then by 9 am it started to rain (snow mixed in) its been the same all day, snow is sticking on the other side of the valley from us. Hard to believe this is Las Vegas, we were still warm last week! The grandkids are hoping for snow next week, Grandmas hoping for hawaii weather (LOL)!

Hope everyone is safe in this crazy weather pattern the country seems to be in.

Cinda

It has been in the low 80's during the day and mid-40's at night. We are currently just South of Guadalajara in a little town called Villa Corona. We are going to move 3 hours to the Pacific Coast and South of Puerto Vallerta (sp). Temps are Mid-80's and low 70's at night.

rocmoc n Mexico/AZ

It has been in the low 80's during the day and mid-40's at night. We are currently just South of Guadalajara in a little town called Villa Corona. We are going to move 3 hours to the Pacific Coast and South of Puerto Vallerta (sp). Temps are Mid-80's and low 70's at night.

rocmoc n Mexico/AZ

Its snowing in Las Vegas/Henderson! Dogs are having the times of their lives playing in the court yard. The backyard is just to slippery around the pool to risk. The road to Boulder City is closed, I-15 is closed at Mountain Pass. The airport is closed because of visability, there is snow on the runways. People are driving like idiots. But we're all home, safe and warm. The winter weather advisory is in effect until 6 a.m.

Cinda

Its snowing in Las Vegas/Henderson! Dogs are having the times of their lives playing in the court yard. The backyard is just to slippery around the pool to risk. The road to Boulder City is closed, I-15 is closed at Mountain Pass. The airport is closed because of visability, there is snow on the runways. People are driving like idiots. But we're all home, safe and warm. The winter weather advisory is in effect until 6 a.m.

Cinda

Cinda I would definitely mount a plow to that T4.

That limo would look cool plowing the snow :D

I am sure George has already entertained the idea! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a record month and year for snow we had 13" last night and Friday we had 8". We have gotten over 36" in the last 6 weeks. I cant see one of my cars in the back yard. This is just incredible and we are supposed to get another 3" tomorrow. I don't think it will ever quit. I am sure glad I bought a new snow blower last month. I think next year I will get tracks for the Trooper it goes good in snow but I think 6' in the ditches is a bit much.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are having a record winter over 56" so far and no end in site. This morning it was 47 below 0 with out the windchill 56 with in another town it was 52 below with out the windchill brrr. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 25 - 35 above Thank God. I will have to get some pics I have a GMC Jimmy with 8" of lift and 36" tires and its almost covered with snow in my back yard.

Well we are having a record winter over 56" so far and no end in site. This morning it was 47 below 0 with out the windchill 56 with in another town it was 52 below with out the windchill brrr. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 25 - 35 above Thank God. I will have to get some pics I have a GMC Jimmy with 8" of lift and 36" tires and its almost covered with snow in my back yard.

That is incredible, so much for global warming.

Here in Northern Nevada we have had a little bit less than normal snow pack in the mountains.

The weather has been in the 50's and near 60 degree weather today so it has been great but this is about normal for us.

My son is a doctor in Atlanta and has been freezing his butt off there every time I talk to him. :)

Sounds like you need one of these for off roading.

post-171-1232114243_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some pics of the incredible amount of snow we have this year. The Jimmy in one of the pics has 8" of lift and 36" tires if I stand next to it I cant look in the windows and I am 6' tall. Another pic is of a Dodge Daytona and all you can see is the antenna.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/24012...104282158qeLSox

She's fair to say that we are having a rip snorter of a summer over here and the grass is a light shade of brown. Didn't really want to tell you how nice it is over this side of the ditch but couldn't contain myself any more. 4x4x454 I do feel for you mate and at times jealous of all that snow but I do understand the extra effort you must have to put into every day just to get though your daily routine. In a short six months you will be as happy as a bull amongst cows while I'll have all the mud and cold to contend with & I don't like thick cold mud that much. I hope that gives you a lift a bit.

Cheers Mike.

When we started getting all the snow I thought it was cool we haven't had much snow in about 12 years just cold. But I am starting to get sick of the wind we get its not so bad for me I live in town but my folks live 12 miles out of town at the lake and the road drifts in every time they plow it. My folks are lucky to get out every 6-10 days. The last time they got out they got stranded and spent the night in their van in a small town and then spent 3 days with us and 3 days with my great aunt before they could get home.