Quantcast
Jump to content

Tejun

2019 Coleman Outfitter (Hisun) 550 Code Reader

Recommended Posts

Howdy Everyone,

New member looking forward to learning and sharing more about UTVs. I have a 2019 Coleman Outfitter with the Hisun 550 engine. Does anyone know what Code Scanner will work with it ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 12/3/2020 at 4:39 PM, Tejun said:

Howdy Everyone,

New member looking forward to learning and sharing more about UTVs. I have a 2019 Coleman Outfitter with the Hisun 550 engine. Does anyone know what Code Scanner will work with it ?  

Aren't fault codes (if found), automatically displayed on the dashboard? Typically with other models, it'll blink a sequence to the dashboard clock, that's then decoded to provide the coresponding code. 

But even if you find a code reader, I'd be surprised to see an OBD2 port. More likely it's a Delphi. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding the connection port would go a long way to solving the mystery. If you go with the TS, keep us updated. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


20 hours ago, kenfain said:

Finding the connection port would go a long way to solving the mystery. If you go with the TS, keep us updated. 

I’ve had  a 550 for 2 years and I’m still looking for it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, Tejun said:

Howdy Everyone,

New member looking forward to learning and sharing more about UTVs. I have a 2019 Coleman Outfitter with the Hisun 550 engine. Does anyone know what Code Scanner will work with it ?  

Might help a bit to know what issues you’re having, if any? If none, then finding the port might be tough. I’ve looked everywhere on my Hisun 550 and had no luck. Hisun sure won’t give you no support! Great machine when it runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randy Stevens said:

Might help a bit to know what issues you’re having, if any? If none, then finding the port might be tough. I’ve looked everywhere on my Hisun 550 and had no luck. Hisun sure won’t give you no support! Great machine when it runs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Did you watch the video I attached?  It’s a white connector with a white protective cap.  Maybe yours Is different than the one in the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Ok.   

I have watched several videos on mine and on Coleman’s. They do have some similarities but unfortunately for me, that port doesn’t exist in mine. I wished it did but as of now, it’s running flawlessly.🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for the Video Ridge Runner. I haven't looked to see if I have that connector yet, but from some of the responses, it is most likely that I do not. There is a code reader that is mentioned in the owners manual (will have to go back now as I can't remember name) but I've not been able to find anything on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 4:36 PM, Randy Stevens said:

Might help a bit to know what issues you’re having, if any? If none, then finding the port might be tough. I’ve looked everywhere on my Hisun 550 and had no luck. Hisun sure won’t give you no support! Great machine when it runs.

Hi Randy,

I'm interested primarily to have a way to identify problems and ensure I maintain it in tiptop condition.  It is a 2019 that I purchased back in August and had 45 hrs run time. About a month after purchasing it, it was running rough.  I have replaced the fuel injector, put an inline fuel filter and new spark plug all of which made a huge difference. It then began to run rough again so I replaced the injector. Ran good, then starting doing it again. I noticed that it was doing this when fuel level was low so last weekend, I cleaned out the fuel tank and checked the fuel pump screen. Really didn't find anything that would indicate a fuel/tank problem though. The recurring issue right now seems to be when starting first time in morning. It will run fine while start up diagnostics are running, then when the amber check engine light goes off, it dies. Yesterday, it took a few times then ran fine and did perfect throughout the day. Probly put about 1 hr run time yesterday.

The other issue I was having was when starting it would act like it was coming up on compression stroke and starter was not strong enough to overcome. I reached out to Motorcycle Dr (eBay) and they recommended checking the springs on the De-compressor. I did and found one of the springs looked to be overwound so I replaced the Cam Gear and also installed a new starter solenoid while I was at it. It still does the same thing but just not as often now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tejun said:

Thanks for the Video Ridge Runner. I haven't looked to see if I have that connector yet, but from some of the responses, it is most likely that I do not. There is a code reader that is mentioned in the owners manual (will have to go back now as I can't remember name) but I've not been able to find anything on it. 

I have contacted Hisun themselves in Texas and all they will tell you is to contact one of their dealers for help, when I contacted them for my issue, they told me that they are trying to learn themselves how to work on them and they charge $125 an hour to “GUESS” at my problem.  I asked dealer about codes and how to do diagnostic and their answer was We Don’t Know....... yet?? I’m doing my own troubleshooting and luckily, mine had been fuel issues and that’s not to hard to figure out.  A learning experience but so far it’s still running ok!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tejun said:

Hi Randy,

I'm interested primarily to have a way to identify problems and ensure I maintain it in tiptop condition.  It is a 2019 that I purchased back in August and had 45 hrs run time. About a month after purchasing it, it was running rough.  I have replaced the fuel injector, put an inline fuel filter and new spark plug all of which made a huge difference. It then began to run rough again so I replaced the injector. Ran good, then starting doing it again. I noticed that it was doing this when fuel level was low so last weekend, I cleaned out the fuel tank and checked the fuel pump screen. Really didn't find anything that would indicate a fuel/tank problem though. The recurring issue right now seems to be when starting first time in morning. It will run fine while start up diagnostics are running, then when the amber check engine light goes off, it dies. Yesterday, it took a few times then ran fine and did perfect throughout the day. Probly put about 1 hr run time yesterday.

The other issue I was having was when starting it would act like it was coming up on compression stroke and starter was not strong enough to overcome. I reached out to Motorcycle Dr (eBay) and they recommended checking the springs on the De-compressor. I did and found one of the springs looked to be overwound so I replaced the Cam Gear and also installed a new starter solenoid while I was at it. It still does the same thing but just not as often now.

 

Wow, this is another obstacle that may hit me one day? Mine is a 2019 too and was brand new when  I bought it, 30 days later it was in shop for a month, they said it was a drivers side seat belt safety issue, I was told that they replaced the seat belt assembly and that cured the problem, come to find out, they did not replace anything.  I returned to dealer to look at their work order on it and surprisingly they lost that work order. In other words.., they lied. Took it to a local mechanic and he fixed it within an hour. Clogged injector, blew it out and it ran great for about a month, then same issue, I pulled injector, blew out the port and injector and runs great again for about another month, called  local mechanic for any advice and he told me to run premium fuel, higher octane and see if that helps,  that was several months ago and it’s been running flawlessly so far! Sounds like you having same issues, might try higher octane and see if it helps???  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Topics

    • By cliffyk
      I had mentioned in a previous post that I had removed the front anti-roll bar from my 2020 Outfitter 400; I ran that way for a month or so without noticing any downside however recently I installed a 'suicide knob" (see below) to assist my Parkinson's disease affected arms in turning the beast--but aftger doing so i found that in the quicker, tighter turns the knob permitted the vehicle would nosedive a bit, dig in, and plow a bit on hard surfaces--not scary, but quite noticeably.
      So I put the bar back on. I got about 1-1/2 miles down the main road on the nearby power lines, turned around and came home to take it off--with the bar on, at 25 to 30 MPH, the front-end of the beast jumped like rabbit at each bump., a nearly brutal and quite uncomfortable ride. the bar (20 mm solid steel) is far too robust for the weight of the vehicle. The front bar on my 3900 lb. Infinity M37 is 30 mm...
      suicide knob--for you younger folks:

    • By Locking Diff
      I just purchased a new 2019 Massimo T-Boss 410 March 2020. I haven't figured out how to unlock the differential?  There isn't a switch?
    • By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends, I have a new utv Hisun 700. My problem is idle adjustment.  How is idle adjustment done? While my engine is idling 2500- 2700 rpm. I need idling adjustment 1500 rpm. Where I am, there is no master who understands this tool. How do you do the idle setting? Can you help me? Hello everyone. Thank you.
    • By JohnBoy
      I recently bought a 2010 Hisun 700 UTV and have been having a heck of a time with the throttle cable and carb.  I did get it to 38 miles an hour, but now its dropped to 33.  Is that the full speed for this buggy?  I am on my second throttle cable trying to find the correct length to make the speed consistent. I floor it, but it takes a good while to get up to speed.  What is everyone else getting for speed?  And any ideas on how to set the throttle cable or adjust the carb?  Thank you!! 
    • By Regretting my choices
      Hello.  I purchased this unit as a "non runner" with the intent of using the frame to build a go-cart, but once I got it home it seemed way to good to part out.  The motor cranks over, and I have spark, but no fuel.  If I put a little fuel in the cylinder it fires up until that fuel is burnt, then of course it dies.  The fuel pump is not running and I have removed the plug and there is no power going to it.  I have checked the safety switch on the brake pedal and its fine, I have checked the fuses, all good, but am not sure where to go from here. The shifter is missing on the unit, but the indicator light on the dash shows its in neutral, and the e-brake indicator switch is working as well.  I am thinking of jumping power to the fuel pump next to see if it runs and if the motor will start.
      What am I missing?  What can stop the fuel pump from getting power to it?
       
       


×
×
  • Create New...