Quantcast

Liv4upoutdoors

2019 Massimo MSU 400 Burn rubber smell

I just bought a 2019  MSU 400 w/ 700 miles.  I got it home yesterday and noticed a faint rubber burning smell.  I can't track it down.  I'm on dirt so its not tires and pavement.  Parking brake is off.  Temp on the machine appears fine.  Thx for any suggestions   I thought maybe belt but I'm not racing nor going but a mile or two.   

i would start it up, or turn the key ON, and feel of any hot wires you can reach, such as the main + battery cable, to be sure there isn't a short burning the coating off a wire.

also check for any thing that may have fell on the muffler/exhaust pipe.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 5:36 PM, T-boss 410 said:

Could it be the drive belt?

BINGO.. thats my bet 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dan B
      I'm in need of a brake master cylinder for my ride.  Appears to be leaking between the reservoir and the cylinder (picture).  Is there a seal that I can replace inexpensively without buy a whole master cylinder assembly?  Can't tell if the master cylinder is the same as used on the Trooper because I don't have a Trooper parts manual.  I don't know if the master cylinder is different when they went to the 1100cc engine.  Has anyone had experience with master cylinder make for the Kinrod Joyner line of rides (I believe it's a German company)?  They are available on Amazon but the configuration isn't the same as OEM.

• By UTVBoard News
      Long Beach, CA â September 27, 2016 â Hoonigan Media Machine takes the lead to create a series of unique and engaging content featuring the all-new Can-Am Maverick X3 side-by-side vehicle.

As the creative driver behind the immensely popular Gymkhana viral film series, Hoonigan Media Machine brings its unique ability to attract massive audiences and keeping them engaged to each project. Led by Hoonigan Chief Brand Officer and Co-Founder Brian Scotto, the team announces a new viral video effort dubbed âBattle BROyale,â which features two, three-driver teams of Hoonigan and Can-Am-backed athletes batting for off-road supremacy in three extreme environments. This new video has been teased for a week, prior to its full official public debut today.

Battle BROyale serves as natural and exhilarating method of delivering the performance traits of the 2017 Maverick X3 vehicle that naturally relates to intended audience. Hoonigan guru Ken Block captains one team with Ryan Kibbe and Justin Oquendo. BJ Baldwin anchors the other squad featuring Chris Forsberg and Dustin Jones. The six skilled pilots battle head-to-head in three unique settings, including an urban wasteland, taxing desert course and an abandoned golf course.

âHoonigan Media Machine is an ideal partner to assist us in delivering engaging, adrenaline-filled, action-packed launch videos, starring the game-changing Can-Am Maverick X3 Turbo R side-by-side vehicle,â said Marc-André Dubois, Director, Global Marketing, Can-Am Off-Road.

Hoonigan Media Machine kicked off the Can-Am Maverick X3 content series by producing the original vehicle launch video, which went public on Aug. 16. For the launch video project, Hoonigan Media Machine showcased its capabilities by creating compelling, authentic content to engage the masses, as well as leveraging its network of credible influencers across all social platforms, to directly connect with the intended audiences.

Combining Can-Am Off-Roadâs industry leading technology and Hoonigan Media Machineâs ability to deliver state-of-the-art content ensures delivery of unique and engaging content, which properly highlights the featured line of exciting vehicles.

For more information on Hoonigan Media Machine, please visit www.hoonigan.com.
      For more information on BRP/Can-Am Off-Road, please visit www.can-am.brp.com.
      More Resources: Can-Am Maverick X3 ReviewCan-Am Maverick X3 X RS Dune ReviewAbout Hoonigan Media Machine

Hoonigan Media Machine is the creative team behind the viral Ken Block Gymkhana film series. Hoonigan Media Machine is focused on content creation and is fully equipped to handle production on a wide range of video projects in the automotive community. Led by Hoonigan Chief Brand Officer and Co-Founder Brian Scotto, the production team ideate and produce highly sharable, award-winning content from photos to short viral clips to long-form video for both top athletes and personalities and influential brands.
      Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UTVGuide

View the full article
    • By M C
      Hey guys just bought a 07 trooper. Previous owner stated it ran great etc prior to clutch job then had issues. I drained tank, replaced plugs etc. found one of the injectors connectors was not connected and plugged it in. Solid 50psi fuel pressure.  It starts easier than previously on 3 cylinders but still runs very very poorly. I’m thinking the sound I’m hearing is it detonating at around 3k. It kinda sputters and falls apart. Sounds like clicking or something when it happens. I am at a bit of a loss, compression is a solid 150psi across the board with no movement. Verified spark and now am assuming all injector are functioning more or less correct as if I unplug any one it sound terrible at idle. 

A note, I tapped plugs at .7 manual called for .9-1.1 but that seems super over doing it but I will try adjusting them to 1.0
      additionally I’ve noticed the fan in rear doesn’t turn on. 

anyone with any help I will be in your debt.
    • By Travis
      Rear right tire blew out going down the gravel road the other day, tried plugging it, but it was on the sidewall and it kept tearing down the sidewall, (rear tires are probably 10 years old, at least), so i called the dealership here in town since  i knew they keep tires in stock.
      Employee:"thank you for calling pro powersports how can i help you"
      Me:"i need to check on a price for a rear tire, 01 mule 550 KAF300C5, tire size is 22x11-10"
      Employee"alright, hang on one sec"
      Me:"okay"
      Employee "$237 for 1 tire"
      Me :"thank you sir"
      *click*
      I found single tires on ebay and amazon and RM atv etc for about $70 or $80 shipping not included, so i ordered this set off amazon,
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08572QZKZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      supposed to  be here Tuesday,  I'll be sure to keep this thread updated  on how the tires do so maybe if someone else wants try this $50 a tire deal.
    • By Gorj
      Do not know if any of you Hisun E1 owners have  had issues with the parking brake pedal  not returning completely, thus preventing you from moving forward or reverse.   I had this issue and even sometimes when going over rough road the parking brake pedal would move down far enough to shut off power.  Local  dealer said no one had complained about that issue and they had no fix.  So decided to correct it myself. I installed a return spring on the parking brake arm and it stopped the problem!

• Similar Tagged Content

• By 10point
      Hi Out there in UTV land .
       I am attempting to repair my buddies Massimo 400 he bought new from tractor supply in 2011.
      Before I make the repairs I am trying to locate a service repair manual that covers a 2011 MSU 400 carbureted, (NOT EFI). 
      He has  done few repairs and only changed oil on occasion. LOL
      It has so many issues it hard to know where to start.  The big issue is when its warm it refuses to start unless it cools down to cold.
      Other wise it acts like its flooded, I have checked for spark when it doesn't start and that's good.
      First when I brought it home it needed a good power washing ,so I could actually see the power train,
      I removed all the belly pans, also to replace the park brake cable, which has not arrived yet.
                My next step was to locate a missing shifter cable bracket bolt , the bracket was moving and not allowing to shift into reverse.
       Its much better, but the shifter lever bushing are so wore its still causing a cable travel  issue that I need to fine tune.
      The front axle bearing are loose and the RF caliper is hung up .
       So I ordered  the rear center caliper and the 2 front calipers with new pads, and the 2 front seals and wheel bearings,all from E bay.
       Hoping I can clean up the discs instead of buying new , limited budget and he only runs it around his property.
      Currently I am making a list of the original fuel lines and vacuum line, what a maze those lines are.
       I would buy them from Massimo, but all there items are out of stock, 14 days at the earliest., besides the don't list fuel and vacuums lines,
      Some fuel lines are smaller on one end and much larger on the carb bowl.
       I am doing this as a favor because it was just sitting in his shed, and he has done many favors for me in the past and is the best hunting buddie anyone could wish for.
       So I really want get his UTV operational again, I have been researching for 2 weeks off and on , wish I would have got on to this site the first night,
      Hope someone out there  has some positive news about a manual.
      I contacted the UTV guy on eBay 3 times as of tonight he has not given me an answer on the years  covered  for the manuals he has listed .
       So far in the time I have been search , think I would buy another brand, the parts seem hard to find .
                                                                                                                                                                                                       Thanks for reading ,
                                                                                                                                                                                                           10 Point
    • By blacktrain
      2014 Massimo MSU 400 idles perfect, runs ok up to half speed.  From half speed if you step down on the gas pedal all the way engine dies.  Engine is fuel injected, the map sensor, and the throttle body idle control sensor, and the fuel injector have been replaced.  Also the fuel pump was removed and fuel pressure is ok, and fuel was checked for water.  Air box and air filter have been cleaned, also replaced spark plug.  From a dead stop if you step right down on the gas pedal all the way it dies, if you baby it, and go easy it will run ok until about half throttle, then after that it will  die as you start to push down more on the throttle for top speed.  Any ideas?  I appreciate anyone's help...