Quantcast

plug wires

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i found some plug wires they are a little bit long but they seal ok i couldnt find a exacte match them damn wires are so reaking short, but anyway i put a small bead of silacone around them but they work great.

they are autolite and theres two diff sets. p/n 97066 or p/n 97106 you will just have to deside wich one you want i went with the 97066 cause they sealed a little better and they were a little bit longer but they have a strait end on the coil end. but the still didnt salve my shutdown problem and man is it killing me. :angry:

i found some plug wires they are a little bit long but they seal ok i couldnt find a exacte match them damn wires are so reaking short, but anyway i put a small bead of silacone around them but they work great.

they are autolite and theres two diff sets. p/n 97066 or p/n 97106 you will just have to deside wich one you want i went with the 97066 cause they sealed a little better and they were a little bit longer but they have a strait end on the coil end. but the still didn't solve my shutdown problem and man is it killing me. :angry:

I read through your posts and didn't see where you talked about a shut down problem, do you know which post it was or can you elaborate? Mine would drop out periodically for a while and I found it to be a problem with the wiring harness and how the O2 sensor wiring is secured near the radiator. It causes things to short out as you drive and bounce. It happened to me and also to Paiute3.

Kinarfi

i looked at my wiring at my o2 sensor, i pulled off the plastic cover and it was all ok so i retaped it, i did notice it dont really start acting up until the engine starts warming up. im not really sure do you have any pictures and i wonder if i got a new wiring harness and i wonder if you could bypass the o2 sensors. what do you thank?

I read through your posts and didn't see where you talked about a shut down problem, do you know which post it was or can you elaborate? Mine would drop out periodically for a while and I found it to be a problem with the wiring harness and how the O2 sensor wiring is secured near the radiator. It causes things to short out as you drive and bounce. It happened to me and also to Paiute3.

Kinarfi

2424850630104282158GxfOVz_th.jpg 2439176430104282158yMTWOl_th.jpg

This is what mine looks like after fixing, what they had was a tyrap around the connector and the bolt on the radiator mount that you can see in the 2nd photo, so as I went bouncing along, the harness was rubbing on the mounting tab until it made contact with one of the wires in the harness, in my case, it blew the fuse, if it had made contact with one of the other wires, it messes with out put of the O2 sensor output to computer.

Kinarfi