Quantcast

Southern Utah Jamboree - The next Get Together

Kinarfi

Lenny, I guess, is now the one sitting the date. Lenny, Car 54 where are you? Not did I just date myself?

rocmoc n AZ

Hey Guys and Gals, just set a date and I 'll fit into it, that is unless I die or kill myself. I remember car 54. Wow, I try not to think about it. Wouldn't want to do it all over again.

Lenny

I guess most are a bit mature on here. Old like a fine wine!

Well if know one steps forward, I pick June 24th - 26th.

Lenny, If no one else steps up I also pick Saint Anthony Dunes. There is a campgrounds, http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TIzH0tFjVUAJ:www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/idaho_12709/ride_f904.htm+sand+hills+resort+st+anthony+rates&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us with bathrooms & showers and wifi, a dry camp / boondocking location if you don't want pay for a campground and hotels nearby in the town of Saint Anthony. We will be staying in the campground and reservations will be required to be made after Jan. 1st, 2011.

If someone wants other, you have to step up at this point! I am just trying to get the ball rolling and it will not hurt my feelings if some else steps up. Still don't have a problem with going to UT high country or Ouray, CO.

rocmoc n AZ

As long as it is within a reasonable distance of Marysvale, within 4-6 hour drive we will be good. I was just saying thats where we will be already for our anniversary trip and we are leaving the motor home there for the summer. I just don't want to have to drive to far. Marysvale won't do what you want RocMoc because the joyners are to wide for the black trails so you would be bored. When we were up there last summer they had actually graded out several of our favorite trails (yes black trails included) and we were calling them super hiways, no challenge. Lets be honest they ruined awesome fun trails and it broke my heart.

Saint Anthony, Id is 6 1/2 hours from Maryvale

Ouray, Co is 5 1/2 hours from Maryvale

And of course less for any Utah location including MOAB! I would do it again but it can be TOUGH! There are easier runs, we were with a difficult group when we were there.

I believe we have a date but someone needs to pick a location. Soon I will, LOL!

Kinarfi, can you sit up a poll for the three locations? Shoots I would even do the area around Lenny's / Southern Utah. Kinarfi, add a forth location Southern Utah! See if we can get people to pick. And a fifth, any of the locations! Thanks

rocmoc n AZ

Border Patrol did the same to a couple of the best trail here also but have let a few others get worse. So the other trails are now the good trails. Cinda, did you get a new email address and send it to me. I have not opened yet until you confirm.

Take care,

rocmoc n AZ

I did get a new email, lots of trouble with the yahoo account. I'll pm it to you.

Saint A is a cool weather area. Only accessible in the Summer.

I believe we are all in agreement after the last two years of HOT weather, even tho it was suppose to be cool in Farmington, WE all want somewhere cool this year even if we have to run the heater at night.

rocmoc n AZ

Snowman, I use to live just east of Dallas. I have to agree with you if I compared the weather of the the two locations. It was not hot compared to AZ either but we did have the AC on. Would be nice to camp once without having to run the gen for the AC. The heater runs off of the batteries.

What is your choice? Pretty sure it is Ouray.

rocmoc n AZ

Jeanne and I beginning to lean torwards Idaho. Rocmoc, have you looked at Kelly Canyon and Garn Canyon which are just below St Anthony. St Anthony show their trails as beginners and no 4x4 needed. Kelly and Garn show 4x4 required on both and it's in the mountains. There is a town near and both trails start at Kelly mountain ski resort. There would be a lot less sand. Poor Snowman would have to turn it into a 2 week trip just to get there and back to Texas. I'm going to start something and see if it goes anywhere. I'll give the rider of our group that has to drive the farthest to get to the Jamboree $25 towards traveling cost expenses. Doesn't include you Rocmoc as your already going to be there, sorry. I want to encourage riders to be willing to drive a little extra to get to you jamborees. Does anybody have any objections to having to move our camping location one time so we can include more of the good stuff? I don't because I can load and be on the road in about 15 minutes. I'm not talking a long way but maybe 15-30 miles. I wouldn't want to drive my Trooper down a gravel road that far, thats no fun.

Further information here; http://www.atvidaho.net/GoogleMap/GoogleRides.htm

Lenny

I don't have a problem with expanding what we would do in Saint A. I would just add a day or two to our trip.

I will add $25 to your pot to encourage someone or two to drive a longer distiance. $15 of mine into the furthers and $10 to the person who is second furthers. LOL is furthers a real word.

rocmoc n AZ

1382 miles for me

I think Snowman is after the pot. Should we give it to him early, it might be illegal to bring our pot to Idaho. I have no problem with expanded days. Rocmoc, thanks for contributing to the pots pot.

Lenny