Quantcast

Wheel bearings

jamesrulz

My left rear wheel has a bit of wobble in it, when jacked up off the ground, you can feel the play, Lenny said something about it, I believe he said silver bullet had some better ones. We need these two guys to post. I don't know if my outer ring of the bearing is moving or if it's just the play between inner and outer races.

Kinarfi

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are wheel bearings available that are better then stock?

The stock wheel bearings are a double ball bearing. In other words, One outside race with two ball bearings each with it's own race on the inside. The problem with this is that the two bearings are so close together that they can't provide proper side support (the ability to hold the forces when the wheel is being pushed sidewise like when sliding sidewise). Also ball bearings have much less contact area in the bearing then roller bearings giving roller bearings about 2-1/2 times more support strength. I've converted mine to use two seperate roller bearings but it required a lot of custom machining. Mine now stays tight and I'm happy with the outcome. This is the best way to go if you can do the machining because you can keep the bearings the maximum available distance apart. Most people can't do this without spending a lot of money so I would then suggest that you take your old double bearings to a bearing supply house and see if they can substitute it with a double roller bearing or contact Silver Bullet as he has double roller bearings for this application. When replacing the bearings, be sure to clean the surfaces between the bearing and it's housing with a good degreaser like acetone or Dawn dish soap. My housing was a spec too large for the stock bearing allowing the outer race to spin in its housing. After cleaning use loctite to secure the bearing in its housing to prevent spinning. If you do happen to find two seperate roller bearings that will fit, be sure to install them so the roller cage faces to the inside (small sides of the bearings facing each other). Also be sure to use the proper shims in between the bearings and outside to allow for the bearings to be clamped together without play when installing the large nut on the end of the axle. The hub should turn with slight resistance from bearing tightness but not turn stiff. Just like when you adjust the front wheel bearings on your car.

Lenny

Hi Silverbullet

We carry all the bearings for Joyners for the Troopers we have a bearing that is a double row tapered roller bearing coming soon. We try to get the best products we can get.We are getting products from Japan and the USA.Forged Pistons low compression and normal compression. Custom head gaskets for 1100CC.We now carry clutch kits from Japan better quality the stock clutchs and cost less.We are looking for ball joints for Trooper Renegade spyders.Hope to have news soon.We are Going to merge with Team Joyner Parts.This will add some parts we could not get before.We hope to have parts to keep Joyners up and running for the future we Love Joyners To

Thank You

• 1 month later...

HI Silverbullet

We have made a bearing for Troopers it is a Dual Taperd Roller bearing .It is not the ball bearing like Joyners are.Comes With a 1 year warrinty

Hello Silverbullet. Sure wish you would put the cost in your emails when you share a new product with us.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ

Hello Silverbullet. Sure wish you would put the cost in your emails when you share a new product with us.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ

Hi Guys,, just talked to Rick at Silverbullet. He will be on later with prices. He also said he will give 10% discount to our members. has front & rear wheel bearings in stock. Still working on a ball joint solution, might be real soon. Rick is great guy,he is trying to keep all our joyner parts coming.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kingfish
      I've had a battery failure and need one replacement.  The local distributor told me it might take up to four weeks to get one.  I'd like to order one in sooner than that if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Wolfpaak
      Pink Floyd quote/reference.
      i am looking for a starter for my 2004 800 Renegade and apparently the place I dealt with before is no longer in business. Any help?
      Thanks in advance,
      Kenny

• By Jacob E freeman
      I have a 2018 cub cadet challenger 750 I bought brand new almost 2 years ago the first month I had it the exhaust broke and burnt the spark plug wire in two that was a recall so the dealership installed the new one it had a different design and it bolted up to the bottom two plugs below the spark plug the dealership said they had to Adjust the exhaust valves I get the machine back thanking everything is good now wrong not even a week after I get it back the timing chain tensioner comes apart inside the motor I take it back to the dealership They put one on I get the machine back thanking everything is good but then just like before not even a week goes by when I was riding the Machine automatically quits going come to find out the wet clutch was burned up the primary clutch head stripped off of the splines I get that fixed and then  it overheats I take it back they bleed the air out of the coolant they bring it back to me the same day that I get it back it overheats again I take it back they temporarily fix it again just enough to let the warranty run out and now the machine has been to multiple different mechanics I have had them try to bleed the air out they have stood it up on its end I have had the water pump changed I have had the fan hooked to a switch so I could leave it on all the time but still almost 2 years later not even 200 hours on the machine and I cannot ride it The dealership will not take it back as a lemon I have tried I am at my wits end I have no clue what to try next
    • By CYJSP2009
      Hello Everyone
      Brand new Joyner  CV AXLES are waiting to be unloaded at LA port and then be sent to warehouses in  Charleston, TN ,   BALTIMORE, MD  and Groveport, OH. Estimate they will be available for shipments to end customers in about 2-3 weeks. 
      These CV AXLES  are ordered in February this year and now it is middle July.  Very long time to get these parts.  Qty for each model is not big. Detail as below: 
      S/N                  Part No.                                       Description                    Charleston, TN     BALTIMORE, MD       Groveport,  OH        Total
      1            D650.03.02.02.00            650 Sand Spider Rear left              3                                     2                                           3                                   8
      2            S650.03.02.02.00             650 Commando Rear                       7                                     6                                          10                                23
      3            TR1100.03.01.03.00       TR1100 Front                                      3                                     3                                            4                                  10
      4            D650.03.02.03.00           650 Sand Spider Rear Right          3                                     2                                           4                                    9
      5            S800.03.02.02.00-R2    800 R2/4 Rear Shaft                         4                                     4                                            6                                  14
      6            TR1100.03.02.03.00     TR1100 Rear                                          6                                    5                                             9                                  20
      7            S650.03.01.02.00            650 Commando Front Left            3                                    3                                             4                                   10
      8            S650.03.01.03.00            650 Commando Front Right         3                                   3                                             4                                    10

Below items are also available.  These items can be shipped in days
      CAGE:
      1. 800 Renegade R2/R4 Front outer cage  ---  5 pieces   
      2. 800 Viper SV1100 Drive shaft rear Left outer cage --- 5 pieces
      3.  800 Viper SV1100 Drive shaft rear left inner cage --- 3 pieces
      CV BOOT:
      1.    650 Commando Left Front / 650 Commando Right Front /650 Sand Spider Rear Left / 650 Sand Spider Rear right /  OUT CAGE            2 pieces                  
      2.    650 Commando Rear OUT CAGE              1 pieces                    
      3    Trooper Front / Trooper Rear / 800 R2 R4 Rear  OUT CAGE        2  pieces                   
      4    650 Commando Left Front / 650 Commando Right Front  INNER CAGE          1 pieces                    
      5    650 Sand Spider Rear Left /  650 Sand Spider Rear right INNER CAGE            1 pieces                    
      6    650 Commando Rear INNER CAGE           1 pieces                    
      7    Trooper Front / Trooper Rear / 800 R2 R4 Rear  OUT CAGE  INNER CAGE            2 pieces                    
      Anyone who need above items please contact me at  [email protected].  Thanks. 
      Other Joyner items needed, you can also contact me and I will try to help. 
      Have good day
      Casey / Leaf Asia 
      2021-07-20

• By CYJSP2009
      Hi Friends, 
      Some of the original Joyner brake parts are available. 
      Interested parties please contact [email protected]