Quantcast

head light bulbs

rwwiefer

Does anyone know of a interchange for the Commando 2006 Head Light bulbs. I have emailed Silver Bullet and am waiting for there response but some of you are pretty savy in finding other stuff that works. Also the ones that are in it are 35/35 watt, can i replace these with 45/45 watt. Also any ideas on new headlight lenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a interchange for the Commando 2006 Head Light bulbs. I have emailed Silver Bullet and am waiting for there response but some of you are pretty savy in finding other stuff that works. Also the ones that are in it are 35/35 watt, can i replace these with 45/45 watt. Also any ideas on new headlight lenses.

i have replaced the stock bulbs for kc day lighters bulbs they are 10 bucks for 130 watt. the only thing you will have to do is rewire your lights on the roll bar.

the nice thing about these they are great for night riding . with all 6 lights on the person in front of you will be able to catch a tan at 20 feet out and also not have to worry

about being cold

kc does sell lower wattage bulbs but i am one of those guys that think " go big or go home"

i also had to separate the lights into pairs with relays. the factory switches just cant handle the amp draw

i also purchased kc clear lense covers for all these bad boys the fit right onto the trooper lights

i have replaced the stock bulbs for kc day lighters bulbs they are 10 bucks for 130 watt. the only thing you will have to do is rewire your lights on the roll bar.

the nice thing about these they are great for night riding . with all 6 lights on the person in front of you will be able to catch a tan at 20 feet out and also not have to worry

about being cold

kc does sell lower wattage bulbs but i am one of those guys that think " go big or go home"

i also had to separate the lights into pairs with relays. the factory switches just cant handle the amp draw

i also purchased kc clear lense covers for all these bad boys the fit right onto the trooper lights

2847219330104282158WAfkKB_th.jpg

Here's a design for a power switch that can be used for powering lights and various things you add to you vehicle.

It uses a 74 amp FET, FETs have a gate that when the proper voltage is applied, it turns on with virtually no power consumption, when the gate is tied to it's source, it turns off, again no power consumption, the only power consumption is during transition from on to off or off to on and that is what the heat sink is for. If this is used on a circuit with a coil or motor, it would also need a diode to protect the circuit from inductive kick back. The resistor cost about nickel and the FET is less than $2.00 and the switch only need to be able to handle less than an amp and if some one wants, I could build them for about $5.00 and mail them, you would have to provide the switch and aluminum. I plan to use several of these to replace all my relays when I get around to rewiring my Trooper and moving all the fuses up to in front of the dash.

Kinarfi

• 4 months later...

I have the same question only for my Trooper,One of my lights went out and local stores dont carry the bulbs.This is for the headlights with the high/low beam.

Thanks,

I have the same question only for my Trooper,One of my lights went out and local stores dont carry the bulbs.This is for the headlights with the high/low beam.

Thanks,

I had to get into my light once and it turned out to be a bad connection, too long ago for an old man like me to remember just what I did, but it's still burning. Seems like it was the same as a car, except it had leads on it. Would you mind posting a picture of it?

Kinarfi

Cinda & George replaced one.

I have also been looking for a high/low beam bulb but can not find one. You can get a single filiment bulb and plug it into the high or low beam wire as there are three wires, high, low, and ground. By doing that, all you have is a driving light and not a head light.

I may get a new headlight can that will accept a H4 Bulb.

Dick