Quantcast

Silverbullet Trooper Fuel Controler

silverbullet

ok rick i'll chime in. i'm not a good speller bear with me guys. lets let the board deside who did it i contacted rick looking for fuel controler he didn't have one he gave me 2or 3 email s to contact companies to try an get one made. one of companies i contacted ric talked to a year a go or so they was interrested so ric sent me an 02 gage that was used, all the parts were'nt there ,i got the rest from innovate motor sports. that was his part to get ball rolling. i took my tooper to dyno ran test to get stock fuel reading and hp was 48hp trw .i contacted the company gave them all the numbers injector size, picturs of everthing ,they made the controller sent it to me i done some more testing sent it back for some changes this happend 2or3 times. i done some more dyno testing, thought it was pretty good talked to ric he said nobody will pay $250.00 for 6hp . so i went to another dyno the one i was using was for trucks i like it , ric wanted me to do more dyno i told him if he payed for it i would ,so he sent me $175.00 and one set of brake pads and1 set of spark pugs so i went to dynojet for small cars and got 12hp i sent it to ric an told him to cut me in on profit. his reply was di sent you brake pads, and thats ok, dobeckperformance let me keep mine for doing the leg work. that company contacted jarred because he was a joyner dealer to try to sell more controllers they are plug and go they will work on all 4cylinder cherry motors 1100-1600 i done mine because i'm going to supercharge mine and theres enough fuel there for that, all you have to do is turn it up. thanks for time your i hope this helps, thanks dedub .Do i need to go on? i got it all done in 1 month it was done on feb. 3 2011,

dedub,

Thank you for speaking up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Scoops,

Tons of sense and rationality in your post. I was not saying I would post anything on google about Siverbullet, just stating it can be done. I hope none of you took it that way, even though if you did, I can understand why after re-reading my post. No harm meant though. I do have to agree with you though Scoops. It is what it is and they can charge 1000 bucks for it if they want too. You dont have to buy it from them nor do you have to buy any of their other parts, but good luck finding most of these items elsewhere.

Finally a discussion on here where a lot of members are involved.

Theres lot of discussions on here where a lot of members are involved,dont want you to think this is the only type of discussion where alot of members are involved.This type we dont need anymore of.Have a good one.

I say "go Jarrad", if Jarrad hadn't spoke up you guys with the 4 cylinders would have payed $175 more for a little more hp. As the end users I think we should stand together. I'm not against anyone making a reasonable amount of profit, however, in this case with few Joyner dealers or parts availability the last thing any of us wants is for someone to take advantage of us just because they have one of the few games in town. Plumber, if folks don't want to pay your price for your knowledge then that's their option but all they have to do is pick-up the phone and call another plumber, there's plenty in the yellow pages. We don't have that option so its up to us and this forum to keep things reasonable and gain knowledge from each other. Silverbullet, balls in your court.

It’s time I gave my humble opinion and that would be, enough said. Joyner has just been though extraordinary times and is under extreme pressure. Both owners and dealers are under a lot of pressure. I feel for you all in North America, after all Joyner came about with you in mind. The vehicles were designed and engineered by Americans for Americans and you have had to go through extreme B.S this last 18 months or so.

What I can say is, one week is a long time so lets just take a big breath and go back to the positive mode of helping each other out.

The reason for this spat is Joyner passion and I guess that’s not a bad thing. I can confirm that Jarrad is 100% a Joyner man through and through and Silver Bullet is pro-active in helping those in need of Joyner parts. What ever side you are on, we are all part of of one big Global Joyner family, lets not forget that. Global? Well you guys and me anyway. Why aren’t there more non- North American Joyner people on here when I know they read these threads.

Mike.

We can all agree that with the closure of Team Joyner in Phoenix prices went up on parts. This is normal if you don't have a supplier or competition. The fix is an active Importer and more dealers selling NEW Joyners so we attract aftermarket players. Without a supply of aftermarket parts & accessories we will ALWAYS be at the mercy of whoever has the parts we need. Simple supply & demand. Couple this with the cost of producing parts for a small population vs. large, Walmart vs the corner store. I have hoped our remaining dealers will treat us fairly but I certainly want them to make money so they DON"T disappear. We need them. You don't have to buy this thing so the price is what the market will bear. My concern is with the critical parts needed to remaining running so if Silverbullet charges extra for this item to keep the price lower on brakes pads or bearing OR stay in business, so be it. I am a big fan of Jarrad and also hope Silverbullet is in my corner when & if I need him someday. DON'T either one of you guys go away, We need you both.

We can all agree that with the closure of Team Joyner in Phoenix prices went up on parts. This is normal if you don't have a supplier or competition. The fix is an active Importer and more dealers selling NEW Joyners so we attract aftermarket players. Without a supply of aftermarket parts & accessories we will ALWAYS be at the mercy of whoever has the parts we need. Simple supply & demand. Couple this with the cost of producing parts for a small population vs. large, Walmart vs the corner store. I have hoped our remaining dealers will treat us fairly but I certainly want them to make money so they DON"T disappear. We need them. You don't have to buy this thing so the price is what the market will bear. My concern is with the critical parts needed to remaining running so if Silverbullet charges extra for this item to keep the price lower on brakes pads or bearing OR stay in business, so be it. I am a big fan of Jarrad and also hope Silverbullet is in my corner when & if I need him someday. DON'T either one of you guys go away, We need you both.

rocmoc,

Well said.Lets move on.

so Quig how do you like it ? Got the power you expected? dedub

Well, It feels like more power in all gears, mine has always topped out at 6000 rpm's, so didn't gain anything there. But, it does get there faster, and has more umph, "is that a word?" in each gear! Noticed on rides & hills I could be 1 gear higher. When cruising in 5th or really any gear I can regain power & climb hills that I did have to shiftdown before. "Of course I'm old, so might be my imagination? Not!! real happy with it,, Now, when I get hurt in trooper, I can blame it on more power!! lol,,,, Haven't even started adjusting it yet, need to learn how it works,, Quig

Guest Lenny

Well, It feels like more power in all gears, mine has always topped out at 6000 rpm's, so didn't gain anything there. But, it does get there faster, and has more umph, "is that a word?" in each gear! Noticed on rides & hills I could be 1 gear higher. When cruising in 5th or really any gear I can regain power & climb hills that I did have to shiftdown before. "Of course I'm old, so might be my imagination? Not!! real happy with it,, Now, when I get hurt in trooper, I can blame it on more power!! lol,,,, Haven't even started adjusting it yet, need to learn how it works,, Quig

That is exactly what I wanted, more power to pull the hills without having to shift down all the time. MIne is just a lot more drivable, don't have to hammer it all the time to have fun. Don't really care about the higher speed stuff. I can hotrod the trails without having to get on it so hard. The real fast stuff doesn't mean much tyo me. In fact I set my rev limiter to 5700 RPMs, Don't get up that high much at all anymore. Wait until you add a supercharger to yours.

Lenny

NOOOOOOOOO super charger!! Well? maybe? Noooooo, not going to. Real happy now, I was happy before, now just have little extra, not shifting as much, plenty of power & speed for this oldman!! I'm kind of crazy, but not like you real crazy guys... "Lenny" lol, be careful, heal up,,,Quig

All heck, I am going to find belhousing adapter and install a 454 cu Chevy or maybe a 427. Have to think about how I going to keep the front end on the ground.

Thats easy,why not mount one of those skulls from the herd of steers that attacked you on the front ???(LOL)

• 1 month later...