Quantcast

Guess it was my turn

Guest Lenny

Guest Lenny

Was waxing my trailer when I slipped. Hit my face on the way down broke my nose and cut it all the way through both nostrails Ten hours later I left the hospital with 18 stitches on the nose and lip. Go in Friday to have the nose set back straight. Thats broken bone #8. So much for getting to check out the trails south of Hanksville, Ut this coming weekend. Should be able to go next week I think. Always figure that when I take a hit that I have one more of my lifes injury quotas out of the way. Should be good for a while. Be careful, it's someone elses turn next.

By the way, I'll stay out of any disagreements on the forum and I don't do drag races unless they are a rolling start and don't include having to shift gears. Don't want to be slamming the Troopers driveline. Putting a supercharger with Dedubs controller should do real good. A comparison will be fun, it's anybodys guess. We should learn some things.

Worst part was getting 8 shots in the nose to numb it. Almost better to stitch it without numbing. Time for another pain pill, ouch.

Lenny

Was waxing my trailer when I slipped. Hit my face on the way down broke my nose and cut it all the way through both nostrails Ten hours later I left the hospital with 18 stitches on the nose and lip. Go in Friday to have the nose set back straight. Thats broken bone #8. So much for getting to check out the trails south of Hanksville, Ut this coming weekend. Should be able to go next week I think. Always figure that when I take a hit that I have one more of my lifes injury quotas out of the way. Should be good for a while. Be careful, it's someone elses turn next.

By the way, I'll stay out of any disagreements on the forum and I don't do drag races unless they are a rolling start and don't include having to shift gears. Don't want to be slamming the Troopers driveline. Putting a supercharger with Dedubs controller should do real good. A comparison will be fun, it's anybodys guess. We should learn some things.

Worst part was getting 8 shots in the nose to numb it. Almost better to stitch it without numbing. Time for another pain pill, ouch.

Lenny

Lenny,

Sorry to hear that.Take it easy and hope you get to feeling better real soon.Next time let the wife do the waxing(LOL) DONT TELL HER I SAID THAT.

Wow, I just posted a reply to the other thread that you had to be sick or hurt. Won't be me, I was just before you. Was changing the light out front near the gate. They are real horned steer skulls with lights in them. They are getting old and when I started to install the skull back over the light it broke in half. The steer skull attacked me cutting my forehead, nose and bone spurs cut my arm. I am just about healed up. SO it is someone else out there so the rest of you better be careful. Two of us down.

Rolling start is OK. First time can be second, then third & fourth. Each time a rolling start without a shift. I will even do it with you guys so there is a stock comparison.

My better 3/4 sent your better 4/5 a reply to an email I found on my OLD email address yesterday or the day before.

rocmoc n AZ

OWWEE, that sounds harsh, sorry to hear about it.

My valves are on their way here. Yay!

I'll probably be ready for the next week end trip, had some real good results with my latest steering change, Put optical isolators between the control and the driver and some good filters on the control part too. So far it's just sweetness. Another thing about controllers like that Kelly you have, take a look at these, (http://www.roboteq.com/brushed-dc-motor-controllers/brushed-dc-motor-controllers-selector) They are two directional that is the input voltage goes from 0 to 5 volt and 2.5 is center off. Just like I have been doing, except lower voltages, and lots of computer chip power that protects it's fets. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Get well,

Jeff

Well, I may as well chime in and tell you about my little accident in the weekend. I was out fishing with a few mates and we caught a boat load of beautiful big Snappers. We had a fantastic time and decided to pull into a small bay to fillet the fish. The boat is a purpose built charter boat that stores rods under the overhang roof and was walking under our rods and a hook pierced right through my ear. Didn’t see it because I had a cap on. We had to cut the hook off. I was hooked on fishing and now fishing is hooked on me. I've got the photo, but I’m not posting it.

I got off lightly compared to Lenny and rocmoc by the sound of things.

Cheers big ears.

Lineup & accident rating starting with the worst, LOL! Waiting for the next one.

Lenny

rocmoc & Brostar - tie

rocmoc,

Sure youve heard the old saying "mess with the bull and youll get the horns" (LOL) Glad to hear its nothing"real" serious.Lets just hope the accidents stop there and Lenny's the winner(or loser).I'm sure thats one rating you and brostar dont mind being tied for second on.Lets all stay safe.

Guest Lenny

Fish hooks and bull horns are not very nice either. You don't suspose that were getting old and, well, you know what I saying. I like Ricksrbs sujestion to have my wife Jeanne wax the trailer. In fact her birthday is coming up so maybe I'll start out by buying her a lawn mower and see how that sets first. When I sujested that to her, she said, don't push it, You've have gotten awful ugly lately, I may have to move on as it is. What would be left of me if I lost my better 7/8? I think Kinarfi sent a gremlin over to my place so he would have a little more time to get his Trooper done for the Hanksville trail check out trip.

Lenny

Isn't it funny (funny parculiar...not funny Ha ha ) that the older you get the more accident prone you become? And with all these young guys doing backflips on bikes, quads, and snowmobiles just daring the devil to take them out.; I go to brush my teeth and stab myself in the face! :lol:

Hope you both feel better quickly. It takes a long time to recover these days too!

Guest Lenny

Isn't it funny (funny parculiar...not funny Ha ha ) that the older you get the more accident prone you become? And with all these young guys doing backflips on bikes, quads, and snowmobiles just daring the devil to take them out.; I go to brush my teeth and stab myself in the face! :lol:

Hope you both feel better quickly. It takes a long time to recover these days too!

Thanks for everyones concerns and good wishes. I never let stuff like this get to me. It's really not all that bad. Now it's just wasting a bunch of time getting coordinated with the doctor and hospitol etc for the nose straightening. Every time they call, they have a million questions and they all ask the same ones. As I get older I drop things because I'm more clumbsy. Then I trip over them because I forgot I dropped it. Then I can't find it because I can't see it. By the time I find it, I forgot what I needed it for.

Lenny

Hi Lenny,

Hope you're doing better. You can alway look at the nose this way:

One of my dopey friends said, "did you pick your nose?" I said hell no! If I could pick, do you think I'd have picked this one!! At least you can fix what's broken. We'll look for you in the Mr. America contest, new nose and all.

Gumball