Welcome to UTV BOARD - UTV Forum, Side by Side Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

roff71

Fender Flares

17 posts in this topic

I'm Looking for some Ideas on fender flares for my trooper? The stock fenders just don't do it

Thanks

Eric

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I'm Looking for some Ideas on fender flares for my trooper? The stock fenders just don't do it

Thanks

Eric

Look in the gallery there are a few pic of what everybody have done

I was going to post this last week about Mudslinger’s custom fenders. Check them out here http://www.utvboard.com/gallery/image/467-fenders2jpg/ Mudslinger, is a Joyner Dealer in Alberta and his website is http://www.mudslinger.ca/

These look good and you can tell they would do the job required.

Cheers Mike.

Hi Eric,

Take a look at the post called "Mudslinger tamed". It will give you an idea of how I solved the problem. Kinarfi has also done work on his fenders. Send me your email address and I'll send you pictures.

Have fun!

Gumball

Heres some that I made out of flare material I got from JC Whitney. It was cheap; looks decent, and is rugged.

DSCF0044.jpg?t=1302016484

buggy1005.jpg?t=1302016789

Silverbullet.

I was think of makeing them out of diamond plate in black.The only thing they would make noise over stones.We could use some of the plastic and trim it out with the diamond plate.This way we could make 45 degree bends by the sides and the front to look real cool.What do you guys think.The rocker panel would be easy to make and look real nice.

Here's my first unintentional fender mod, 2633082840104110397YiwFrI_th.jpg, I didn't get too fancy, just wanted to keep the mud, brown and green, off me, the green mud is left by animals like cows and sheep, yuck!!!! Here's a photo of the fronts, 2233912510104110397fZKvom_th.jpg, just redid the rears, so no photos, yet.

Kinarfi

I like my stock ones! My doors will keep stuff from coming inside. Money better spent as doors add to the safety of the people in the caged area.

Hi Rocmoc

I would like to see pictures of doors.I know i must have mised them on the forman.If you can post them that would be great.Love to see them and see how they close and open.May be whear you found parts as hingers & locks.I no you were interested in the cams 2 to 3 weeks out.They are working on the shims now.

Silverbullet

Thanks

Rick

Hello Rick/Silverbullet,

Next project this summer. I will share pic & info. When my better 3/4's stuck her leg out to stop us from going over in Moab it became apparent to me that for us they were a priority.

Yeah, a torquer cam would be great!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Fenders, on my last trip out to Moab with 2 scoops, I came home minus a fender, so here's what I decided to try this time around, so far, so good, took for a 30 mile ride yesterday evening.

2999463310104110397mwJwKX_th.jpg 2606093800104110397UviFzl_th.jpg 2322571390104110397OqTOQK_th.jpg 2238461520104110397bWaZBk_th.jpg

Would NOT work for Mudding, but since I hate mud, they should work fine for me. I think it will let the radiator breath better and hopefully have less dirt & dust getting into the engine compartment.

Kinarfi

I placed two different orders for that plastic and the second order was a lot thicker, go figure.

DirtyDog, how many rolls does it take? 1 or 2 to do all 4 fenders?

I bought one roll and that was more than enough. I still have lots left over.

I'm in RAIN and MUD country. Here are some mods I did to my fenders (cus of wife) doors (cus of wife) and... well, you get the idea.

I removed the plastic covering over the engine and replaced it with checkerplate aluminum with a storage compartment and backward facing seat.

Then I used the plastic cover for the fenders, which work well.

The doors fold up and away, and the hard windshield can be removed in 3 minutes. I have a soft windshield to use in summer months which is permanently attached on the inside.

post-1520-0-22861900-1340225964_thumb.jpg

post-1520-0-53575000-1340225979_thumb.jpg

post-1520-0-44145200-1340225993_thumb.jpg

post-1520-0-26625600-1340226022_thumb.jpg

post-1520-0-30366300-1340226038_thumb.jpg

post-1520-0-43954700-1340226065_thumb.jpg

post-1520-0-50658700-1340226214_thumb.jpg

Mopartist, are you still using the stock bolts holding your ball joints in place on your suspension arms? Change them before it's you loose a wheel.