Quantcast

Stuck key

showa

Here's one I haven't come across before.... I went to turn off the T2 and the key wouldn't move..... Turned off the "Master" switch which did nothing because the alt was powering everything still.... Put it in 5th and stalled it.....

Key would turn right to "start" but refused to turn left to "off"... Sprayed some WD40 in it with negative results....

Cut the head off the key inorder to remove the switch and see what I could do ( I know what I wanted to do !!!) ...

Any suggestions ??? Do I take it apart and hope it goes back together right ???

Or, just buy a new switch ??? If so, what switches have you had good luck with ???

Guest Lenny

Here's one I haven't come across before.... I went to turn off the T2 and the key wouldn't move..... Turned off the "Master" switch which did nothing because the alt was powering everything still.... Put it in 5th and stalled it.....

Key would turn right to "start" but refused to turn left to "off"... Sprayed some WD40 in it with negative results....

Cut the head off the key inorder to remove the switch and see what I could do ( I know what I wanted to do !!!) ...

Any suggestions ??? Do I take it apart and hope it goes back together right ???

Or, just buy a new switch ??? If so, what switches have you had good luck with ???

Wow Showa, I thought you died. Haven't heard from you in a long time. Hope all is well. Any ignition key switch will work as long as it has an "off", "on" and "start". You don't need the accessory position. Try an auto parts store. I wouldn't fuss with your current switch. Wouldn't think its worth much even if you did get it working which is a tough one as I don't think you can get them apart. You missed a good Jamboree this year. Good to hear from you.

Lernny

silverbullet

Just buy new switch from a joyner dealer.Will be easy to hook up just plug in and your done.You can get better ing. switch but then you have to wire in to your stock harness.If you need just call Jose and remind him about 5% utv forum discount.

Call him at 928 344 2117

Thanks

One other possibility is a simple on off switch and push button to start, Down side is anyone can start and drive your rig with no key, Or you can use a single pole key and not have the accessory position. If this idea appeals to you let me know & figure out the connections for you and post them.

Kinarfi

What Lenny said, get a switch from your local parts house. Easy to cut the pigtails in to the wiring. Cheaper & better quality.

ALSO, Yeah thought we would see you at the Jamboree. Looks like it is a good chance the 2012 Jamboree maybe at the North Glamis KOA, http://www.glamisnorthkoa.com/ with rick as the host/trail guide. Easier for you to get to so hope we see you there. We just have to come up with a date where it is not hot as he)).

rocmoc n AZ

Thanks for the input guys....

I too thought I would be able to make it this year BUT.... Life happens... I guess I have had too many things going at once this year...

Glamis looks like it would be fun... I'll keep things a little more mellow this year (I hope)....

• 2 weeks later...

Just replaced my ignition switch a week ago with a decent unit from Autozone. All you need is a 12 volt test light to check each wire before you pull them off. Has an accessory, ignition on, and then start. After wiring I just put liquid electrical tape over the connections to help waterproof it. Pretty easy to do and was told to junk the OE unit and not buy another. Just get an aftermarket as everyone has said.

• 1 month later...

Once again, I want to thank you guys for your input. We were on a little jaunt this summer up thru Vermont and back thru Missouri to see family. Just getting settled back into home chores, rebuilding a 240Z and I still have to fix the T2's ignition and get new tires.

But it will all happen (too slowly) and my wife wants to get back doing some trails again.

Once again, I want to thank you guys for your input. We were on a little jaunt this summer up thru Vermont and back thru Missouri to see family. Just getting settled back into home chores, rebuilding a 240Z and I still have to fix the T2's ignition and get new tires.

But it will all happen (too slowly) and my wife wants to get back doing some trails again.

Good luck and you goota make her happy.Wouldnt that be nice if that was all you had to do make a woman happy..Work on the trooper,what a great thought.(lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck and you goota make her happy.Wouldnt that be nice if that was all you had to do make a woman happy..Work on the trooper,what a great thought.(lol)

Rick I am having a power loss problem and I saw a post in April of 2010 where you and gates98 were having the same issue. What did you find was the problem, I can't get it solved. Help, I'll pay you money. Robert.

Rick I am having a power loss problem and I saw a post in April of 2010 where you and gates98 were having the same issue. What did you find was the problem, I can't get it solved. Help, I'll pay you money. Robert.

When i get the check in the mail i will tell you(lol).I changed alot of things,fuel filter,checked all conections,pulled fuel tank twice and cleaned out,plugs,an a few more things but ended up changing the ECU and it hasnt happened since.It was only intermittant.

When i get the check in the mail i will tell you(lol).I changed alot of things,fuel filter,checked all conections,pulled fuel tank twice and cleaned out,plugs,an a few more things but ended up changing the ECU and it hasnt happened since.It was only intermittant.

I also have tried most everything you did. What was the cost of the new ECU and where did you get it.

P.S what do I owe you for this classified info?

I also have tried most everything you did. What was the cost of the new ECU and where did you get it.

P.S what do I owe you for this classified info?

I think it was around $450.00,not real sure because i bought it along with some other parts in one lump sum from an add on craigslist.

P.S. All you can afford plus 100%.Same as the IRS expects...(LOL)

I think it was around $450.00,not real sure because i bought it along with some other parts in one lump sum from an add on craigslist.

P.S. All you can afford plus 100%.Same as the IRS expects...(LOL)

Thanks. Do you know if a Mechanic shop can plug in a scanner and possibly read any problems.

P.S. Wire transfer is in the works, I made it to Ricksb A.K.A. Bill gates correct.

Thanks. Do you know if a Mechanic shop can plug in a scanner and possibly read any problems.

P.S. Wire transfer is in the works, I made it to Ricksb A.K.A. Bill gates correct.

not that i am aware of.I thought i had heard joyner had a special scanner but maybe someone else can chime in that knows for sure.No charge for that info...

not that i am aware of.I thought i had heard joyner had a special scanner but maybe someone else can chime in that knows for sure.No charge for that info...

"Rick!" :unsure: Can't believe you are charging fellow joyner bud for info!!! " I'm going to call your wife, make sure she gets the money!!""" ur bud,, Quig :rolleyes:

Well I checked fuel pressure, did a block check in case I had a bad head gasket,still can't fix it. Talked with Matt at EJK who told me the fuel controller wouldn't work with the Turbo, not the right MAP. I don't know if the Turbo is the problem but once I get into fourth or fifth gear and try to run at forty mph or more the machine heats up and loses power with or without boost pressure. Any ideas would be great. Robert.

Well I checked fuel pressure, did a block check in case I had a bad head gasket,still can't fix it. Talked with Matt at EJK who told me the fuel controller wouldn't work with the Turbo, not the right MAP. I don't know if the Turbo is the problem but once I get into fourth or fifth gear and try to run at forty mph or more the machine heats up and loses power with or without boost pressure. Any ideas would be great. Robert.

sorry,i didnt realize you had a turbo,you didnt mention it was heating up also.

Have you tried setting the fuel pressure up? Maybe try another 5-10 pounds. If that helps, turn it up farther and farther to try and get further improvement. You should also have the air port on the fuel regulator hooked up to the intake manifold. There is a guy in Cottonwood AZ that made turbos for the Troooper. Can't remember his company name. He would run fuel pressure up to 130-140 pounds with his turbos in order to get enough fuel. I run a supercharger and rather then to run dangerous high pressures, I chose to go to larger injectors. Last thing I want is a fuel leak with 140 pounds of pressure behind it to atomize the fuel for a great fire. I first went to 22 pound injectors then moved up to 26 pound. I think stock is about 14-16. Never could find out. Your computer may be giving it all the fuel it can get its hands on and if the fuel pressure won't push the volumn of fuel or the injectors are just too small, it runs lean. If your running lean, it will heat up. Sounds like you may need more fuel. I have the 22 pound injectors if your interested. They were not quite enough for my supercharger but may be for the turbo. I think I paid about $35 each for them. I'll sell them for $80 plus $5 to ship them but first try the higher fuel pressure as that will give you a hint. Then again it could be something all together different. LOL

Lenny

Lenny are you talking about Unleashed MotorSports I know he use two fuel pumps to get the pressure up

Yes, I beleive his name is Scott but not sure anymore. I think he has shut down his shop and runs out of his house now. He is really good about helping on the phone. Spoke with him for about an hour on the phone once. Haven't heard anything about your cam yet. Any news?

Lenny

Yes, I beleive his name is Scott but not sure anymore. I think he has shut down his shop and runs out of his house now. He is really good about helping on the phone. Spoke with him for about an hour on the phone once. Haven't heard anything about your cam yet. Any news?

Lenny

Well you would think a 40 year asi mechanic could change some cams out. Well you know he bent some of my valves so he replace them he got it running but it runs like shit and when you driving down the road and get off the gas it will die on me. I talk to silver bullet and I'm going to take my head off and send it to him before I bought the cams I had 135 to 140 on all cylinder now I have 100 on two cylinder and 90 on the other two.But one thing I don't have is time I'm going to try to get them off next weekend. Silver Bullet has been real good in doing anything for me Very Good customer service

Have you tried setting the fuel pressure up? Maybe try another 5-10 pounds. If that helps, turn it up farther and farther to try and get further improvement. You should also have the air port on the fuel regulator hooked up to the intake manifold. There is a guy in Cottonwood AZ that made turbos for the Troooper. Can't remember his company name. He would run fuel pressure up to 130-140 pounds with his turbos in order to get enough fuel. I run a supercharger and rather then to run dangerous high pressures, I chose to go to larger injectors. Last thing I want is a fuel leak with 140 pounds of pressure behind it to atomize the fuel for a great fire. I first went to 22 pound injectors then moved up to 26 pound. I think stock is about 14-16. Never could find out. Your computer may be giving it all the fuel it can get its hands on and if the fuel pressure won't push the volumn of fuel or the injectors are just too small, it runs lean. If your running lean, it will heat up. Sounds like you may need more fuel. I have the 22 pound injectors if your interested. They were not quite enough for my supercharger but may be for the turbo. I think I paid about $35 each for them. I'll sell them for $80 plus $5 to ship them but first try the higher fuel pressure as that will give you a hint. Then again it could be something all together different. LOL

Lenny

I have two fuel pumps, one is a supply pump and the other is a pressure pump to get enough pressure. I will get the injectors from you and try that. Give me a call, 970-985-9921 so we can do this, the sooner you can the better. The port on the regulator is hooked up like you suggested so maybe the injectors will work. I left a message for Scott to call. Thanks Robert.