Quantcast

Talked to Silverbullet about Trooper supercharger

2scoops

Time to break the silence, because I don't know when the guys at Silverbullet will get the time to post on this website and I was tired of waiting.

So, like they said they have made all of the brackets. The delay is due to trying to get a fuel controller, one just like they sell and many of us have purchased, to work with the supercharger. It didn't sound like the current one they are selling will work with the supercharger because it doesn't have a boost port. They are also trying to make it work with the stock injectors and fuel pump at 5 psi. If you want more pressure you will likely need to go to bigger injectors & an aftermarket fuel pump. Also, it sounds as though they are going to offer a couple of different price packages--eventually. A cheaper version may come with an FMU instead of the piggyback fuel controller. They mentioned possibly one with a intercooler & one without, but as Lenny would attest roots superchargers run hot so an intercooler is highly recommended.

Best news I heard was Rick knows how cheap we Trooper folks are so I believe they will price it as low as possible. People on this forum will get first crack at owning one at a discounted rate to get them on the market. Now, don't quote me cause I hope they sell for $1, but from all I could tell I expect the price to be $3k-4k. If it ends up being a well running, well performing, and reliable set up that can run on pump gas, I think the $3k ballpark would be a steal.

So, is anybody saving up for this?

• Like 1

Not me, im still trying to save up for new shocks.I really doubt i would ever get one. The power i have now seems to do the job for the type of ridding we do.I wont say never though....(lol)

""seems to do the job for the type of riding we do""

:rolleyes: From the garage to the trailer to the carwash, back to the garage? :D lol

Sorry not for me at that price. I will try adapting a Honda, Toyota or some kind of engine to the trans that has more raw power first. OR drive it tells it dies!!!

rocmoc n AZ

Well, I guess that is the million dollar question...what drive train? I would be up for an engine & drivetrain swap if there was something that made sense. I don't want to go any heavier and I definately don't want to lose 4x4. The only thing I can think of that would be lighter, more powerfull, and offer 4x4 would be the drivetrain out of a RZR XP 900 or the turbo'd weber MPE 750. Both of which will cost 2-3 times as much as just supercharging/turboing ours. IMHO, pound for pound the Chery 1100 is a good little engine and the transmission/transfercase is as light of a design you are going to find in an automotive type set up.

Sounds to me like dedub has found him a supercharger for a 3.8 V6 he is using. Please keep us posted dedub!

That charger should work fine, Just use a smaller pulley to keep it from boosting too much. You'll probably want to spin it about 1/3 the RPMs that it spun on the larger engine depending on how much it boosted originally. 1/3 would be assuming it boosted 10 psi. for the larger engine. I would also suspect that the slower you spin it the more efficient it is, so 1/3 could be too much. You could use a waste gate but spinning it faster then what you can use takes a lot of power. Look at original engine volume, RPMs and boost amount and calculate back from there for the smaller engine. Then again if your the type to take on this project yourself, you already know that.

Lenny

• 3 weeks later...

silverbullet

We have come to pricing this unit.For the first 5 systems 2,500.They will come with 27x7x3.5 inter cooler and every thing to install. We have a controler that will work fine with supercharger.With Lennys help we will have a vary reliable system.With lots of toque on the low end.This price is better than a turbocharger system.This Price will only be on the first 5 units.The price will be 3,000.When sold out of the first 5.Call me 928 344 2117

silverbullet

We have come to pricing this unit.For the first 5 systems 2,500.They will come with 27x7x3.5 inter cooler and every thing to install. We have a controler that will work fine with supercharger.With Lennys help we will have a vary reliable system.With lots of toque on the low end.This price is better than a turbocharger system.This Price will only be on the first 5 units.The price will be 3,000.When sold out of the first 5.Call me 928 344 2117

Can we get some pictures of the set up?

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

silverbullet

Times have changed so has our new supercharger.It will be a bolt on system.Yes it will have the newest type of water to air inter cooler (Laminova) built inside of the plenum. This will have a pump to circulate water through the inter cooler with a small heat exchanger. Fuel management will have its own Boost Sensing MAF to control the two new injectors. What that means is as it senses boost pressure it will trigger the 2 extra injectors to add more fuel. So it will have 6 injectors on the 4 cylinder. The new extra MAF will control those 2 injectors only.The old MAF will work with the 4 other injectors. It will bolt on!!! Anybody will be able to install it. You will need basic hand tools (socket set and wire stripper) and a few hours of free time. For the Heat Exchanger we recommend using an 80/20 mix of Distilled Water and Methonol or a standard 50/50 coolant with an additive (Redline water wetter for example) of your choice. More information and details to come....

• 8 months later...
On 12/20/2011 at 7:59 AM, 2scoops said:

Time to break the silence, because I don't know when the guys at Silverbullet will get the time to post on this website and I was tired of waiting.

So, like they said they have made all of the brackets. The delay is due to trying to get a fuel controller, one just like they sell and many of us have purchased, to work with the supercharger. It didn't sound like the current one they are selling will work with the supercharger because it doesn't have a boost port. They are also trying to make it work with the stock injectors and fuel pump at 5 psi. If you want more pressure you will likely need to go to bigger injectors & an aftermarket fuel pump. Also, it sounds as though they are going to offer a couple of different price packages--eventually. A cheaper version may come with an FMU instead of the piggyback fuel controller. They mentioned possibly one with a intercooler & one without, but as Lenny would attest roots superchargers run hot so an intercooler is highly recommended.

Best news I heard was Rick knows how cheap we Trooper folks are so I believe they will price it as low as possible. People on this forum will get first crack at owning one at a discounted rate to get them on the market. Now, don't quote me cause I hope they sell for $1, but from all I could tell I expect the price to be $3k-4k. If it ends up being a well running, well performing, and reliable set up that can run on pump gas, I think the $3k ballpark would be a steal.

So, is anybody saving up for this?

silverbullet

2scoops it seams like you know more than me.Before you blog make sure you know the facts you are talking about.We stand behind every thing we do.We have a 6 injector controller.It has its own maff sensor that controllers injectors that feed fuel directly in to the supercharger manifold as boost rises maff sensor starts to add fuel to the two injectors.This way we don't need to put bigger injectors.We have 6 injectors.Buy putting the 2 injectors under the supercharger will cool the boost temps.We have decided to run a water meth injection system this will lower the temperature 100 dig.And raise octane by 17 points and rase the boost.Same as race fuel and still use regular gas.5 psi fuel pressure give me a break.It will be about 60 PSI with the 2 new injectors. 2scoops i thought you new better we are working on the reliability and the maximum low end torque. All in 1 system just bolt on the manifold install belt and idler puller.Meth nozzle built in to manifold between the 4 intake tubes.More to come!Questions just call 928 344 2117 silverbulletmotorsports.net

2scoops come on you know we build the best performance parts on all Chery engines.The System will work on all Chery engines 3 cylinder and 4 cylinder.The price will be no where near 3,000 or 4,000 dollars.It will be affordable  for everyone.Now you know the true facts.

Rich