Quantcast

Ride hieght

charlie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have mentioned I have about 12" + or - in the rear and about 13 1/4" in the front I know my front shocks are to stiff I stood on it last night doesnt droop much. I am concerned that the rear might be to soft and low. THE GUYS AT Fox want me to drive it then call them. I measure at the firewall bottom most forward tube and same spot in rear

IMHO, soft is better than hard for off-roading & rock crawling. This is even true in racing. When I race/raced in the dirt vs pavement, I ran a much softer setup. This is even true for racing in the rain. Soften & pull the swaybar links. Soft is GOOD in this case, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

ok rocmoc I guess Ill try it thats what I was thinking I ride a lot at lower speeds is and I want my suspension to work and not feel the bump threw out the trooper as u do from factory setup. When I go over rock or roots or a low spot I wasnt my wheels to travel up or down wich ever way they need to go and not feel like im bouncing over the stuff thats not how it should work. I know Im being a little picky I havntt been on the trooper in a mounth and an 1" to 1 1/2 even tow isnt a lot but man it looks like it I do have 30" tires and Id say 12" at the lowest spot is were I am and Id rather it be a little soft than stiff as u said as well. So you think the ride hieght will be ok???????????????????

Rocmoc have u had any trouble with the rear diff locker pin nOt sliding back in on it's own?? I took cable off and lubed it he best I could I think the cable feels ok I held it with pliers while working the locker lever and didn't take much force in eathier direction! I had it jacked up wheels off ground and I spun tires and pulled pin till they were at what I feel is full lock I let go of pin doesn't really wanna go back in on it's own Enless I keep the wheels moving the. It slowl goes back did the a couple times. Then I hook It all back up have the cable adjusts to what I feel is locked and release cable and it's basically the same result I assist the pin with a screw driver goes back in! I even drove it up down driveway same result kinda at a loss any help???

Never had any of those problems. Lenny is more the expert of playing around with the diff & the locker setup. I'm sure he will join in when he can. I would check the cable to make sure it is not coming apart inside of the protective/slide tube. Water can get inside and rust the cable causing the cable to slide poorly. After time the cable can rust all the way thu & break.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Been out for a few days so couldn't answer sooner. I run 10 to 12 pounds in the rear for general trail and hot rodding trails. Rock crawling and sand dunes I like about 8 pounds and if I load it down with survival gear and my dogs and lots of tools, spare etc, I'll run maybe 13-14 pounds. I will also tighten up my spring preload when riding heavy. I'm running 31" tires. The front is generally about 2 psi less in each case then the rears. My throttle cable was rusted with individual strans broken and catching inside the sheathing. Going to stainless steel in a teflon sleeve made things much more free.

Lenny

I use 15" wheels that have flat centers. these can be redrilled to the Trooper pattern. I found four on Ebay that weigh only 11 ounds each. 15" tires are easy to find, selection is unlimited nearly and lots of good used ones out there for next to nothing. Just bought a pair of like new 31x10.5-15 off road tires for $25 each at a thrift store.

Lenny

Thanks Kinarfi. I'll be flying to Florida soon, and I've thought of buying two tires, taping them together and bringing them on the plane. I'm that desperate. UTV tires are VERY expensive here, and there's only one tire available at 14" - an ITP that a small Costa Rica dealer has at the border. $165 for the fronts (I have the two rears -$180 each!!!, purchase when an egg showed up on my sidewall) The ITPs look nice and relatively flat when off the rim, but turn into a bubble when on it. I'm guessing it won't last in this terrain, but had no choice.

Ahhh 15 inch rims. I may have to go that route / with agressive truck tires. $25 / tire??? Not here. Used tires here are IN DEMAND, which is why people will pay $25 for a mediocre well used car tire. I gave away a tire that had 9 patches on it, including the sidewall (came with my used car) and I KNOW the guy would have bought it from me had I asked for $10.

I know the original Joyner tires are $100 for a rear, and I'm fine with mine - at 2900 miles the thread is at half. But I can't get them here, and shipping is ridiculous.

Actually, seeing as I have those tires I know what they look like. They've worked fine - in fact, I've climbed hills that guys on Can-ams couldn't climb. Can you just give me a tread height front and rear? That'll tell me if they're worth shipping costs... THANKS BIG TIME!

I'm at 2800 miles with more than half tread, and I ride on very loose pit run - dry as bone in summer, and a soggy mess in winter. Tons of hills, some seriously steep. Not too much mud, other than 300 ft runs a foot deep. Made it through everything, most of the time on 2X4. On some of the downhillers, I've had trouble stopping as the rocks just roll, but hey, I figured that'll happen on pretty much any tire.

I'm at about 1300 miles...the front look good to me one tire leaks i just air it up every few days I'm lazy and rear tires are pretty chewn maybe half tread still ill measure still but i ran it mostly on gravel roads and dirt roads and over tree limbs and trunks etc most time in mud 1x4 just do good until it get too muddy. But i do tend to break the rear loose and wag it all over the road

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is the hollow piece showing up that i spoke of in pm to tinman.

treads are about 1/2" deep on rears and 1" on front.

There's also two pictures of new tires that i am eyeing but its $900 or more for set of 4 so I'm saving up for another month to buy these.

http://www.highlifter.com/p-3096-outlaw-2-295-x-11-x-14.aspx

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

post-1099-13450065922_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134500660402_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134500661266_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134500662135_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134500667132_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134500667817_thumb.jpg

They look fine Noc. What state/city do you live in?

I need to get a rough cost to see if it's worth shipping. I can either USPS it to Miami, where a carrier takes it to panama at exorbitant cost, or then ship it direct to me here if the price is better.

Either way I'll have to figure out something. The border UTV tire store has two ITP fronts for $160 each, but they're rated winter/mud so I'm guessing they won't last.

hey Nocturnalsixer

The tires you are looking to buy I have zillas on mine very similiar I run air pressure way down. When I got them I aired them up to 40-50 psi let them sit for 24 hrs you actually stretch the molicules in the rubber so when they are aired down there softer and dont loose as much hieght. Also on soft pack there great but hard pack its a ruff ride till you get moving. all in all I like mine but I am always swiching up were I ride. Just giving you a heads up thats all