Quantcast

Trooper Roll Over Angle

Kinarfi

Has any one determined how far over a Trooper can tip before it rolls, Left and Right, not taking into account the momentum will have a large effect? I was a bit concerned while on Porcupine Trail near Moab last week. Does anyone have a good suggestion as to how to determine this?

Kinarfi

I have a protractor for the bending of electrical conduit that mounts magnetically, but no good way to tip the Trooper over, thought about using a come-a-long tied to a tree to tip it and a rope to something else so it can't just roll on over, but haven't done anything yet. If you do it, take photos also please.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00939840000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kispla=00939840000P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=30-151502141-2&PDP_REDIRECT=false&s_tnt=39869:4:0

kinarfi

One time i had my Buddy over and i was showing off doing donuts here and there then all of sudden during mid- donut my t2 tipped over almost! It was like t2 is a diamond instead of square on road we both stained our pants and it didn't roll over but id never do donuts again. Id say the t2 is hard to tip you would probably have to get it past halfway rolling over to get it to land on side i believe

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Maybe two trees and two 2.5 tonne strops, one strop to winch up (or another UTV with a winch) and the other strop connected to a tree to stop it rolling all the way. I’d thread the strop though the front and rear of the top of the roll cage for better control, or even better --- two strops to the tree.

Here is some indication of the rollover point in this old YouTube video.

Maybe two trees and two 2.5 tonne strops, one strop to winch up (or another UTV with a winch) and the other strop connected to a tree to stop it rolling all the way. I’d thread the strop though the front and rear of the top of the roll cage for better control, or even better --- two strops to the tree.
Here is some indication of the rollover point in this old YouTube video.

Long time no see hope you and your family are doing great! Has anybody rolled there Trooper ? If you watch the video it is leaning a lot before going over

I havnt rolled mine but like all my posts I gave said I do a lot off camber riding I have had if leaning far enough to we're I almost put my arm out to stop it not like that would help lol u have a trail I ride on up here it use to scare the hell out of me in one direction it feels like the passenger will fall out and on the way back feels like I will but I'm so confident in the trooper I just cruise it now lol I think they r pretty stable

Hi Plumber, we are doing great thanks and trust all is good with you and your family too. The video doesn’t really give a true indication other than the roll-over point is excellent especially when you consider it rolled on the drives side and there was no passenger to equalise the weight.

I did sell a T4 to a customer who rolled it on its side once only. He lost his way in a rain storm and went off the track & down the side of a hill. He said it was steep enough for the T4 to roll right down to the bottom over and over, but put it down to the large roll-cage and the bank being very wet so it could slide on its side, to contain the force of any momentum out. If it had rolled he and his passengers would all be history. The roll cage was slightly bent but still had enough shape for me to install (just)a stock Joyner hard enclosure a few weeks later.

If the Trooper is empty, which it usually isn't, it can be tipped over 45° and still have room to spare, I hook up a rope to lift from underneath and rig a catch line in case I got to high, but I stopped lifting at about 47° As you can see, the engine isn't even over the wheels yet and at this angle, there was still quite a bit of weight on the rope, I didn't go any further because the hoist was out of travel or oil or whatever, but I couldn't get any more. I did pump the tires upto ~ 30 psi instead of the usual 10-15 psi.

http://www.utvboard.com/gallery/image/918-20130409-105426/

I can't be the only one that has put their T-2 on its side. I was at Glamis following some Quads’ when crossing over Bowl to Bowl the sand was too soft and I lost speed too quick to turn down the hill. I came to a sudden stop and rolled on my side, my roof stop me from barrel rolling down to the bottom of the hill. The cage went into the sand almost to the center, my center mirror was half way under the sand. We had to side and turn it facing backwards down the hill and up right it. Motor oil was pouring out of the air cleaner. We pulled the plugs to make sure there wasn't a cylinder full of oil. Had to put two quarts of oil in it and clean the air filter and back on the road again. If I didn't have my roof I think I would have rolled to the bottom, about five times.