Quantcast

How hard do you push it in your Trooper?

4x4x454

I was just wondering how hard everyone pushes there Trooper? I tend to run WOT all the time. Not at first of course had to break it in so to speak.

But now it gets driven like its a rally car or like they say drive it like you stole it (and are being chased). I was just wondering if anyone else drives it like that or if I will be the one to find the limets as to how much this thing will or wont take. Whats your avarage speed and whats your and how far

between stops? I tend to go for about 20 to 30 miles running 45-60 mph and stop to let the Trooper catch its breath. Thanks for shearing.

On the fireroads we usually go 40-45 mph for an hour unless we see something we want to look at. On the trails we will both push it to see what she can do and sometimes take it easy, it all depends on the day and wether Lance is with us, when Lance is with us we take it easy because he has a hard time with to much bumping.

Cinda :ph34r:

Guess who!

I/We would be on the faster side. It is not uncommon to be doing 50+ if the terrain will allow. BUT I don't abuse with jumps or hammering the suspension. One reason I have not went on one of the organized UTV Rallys is because they go too slow. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and decided the rallys were not a good fit. My better half has rode with me at 150 mph a couple of times and loves it.

Kinarfi, I am 59 1/2. Can't get much closer to 60 than that. But I have been riding & racing since I was 15.

Good to see you all!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I tend to want to get to places with out doing alot of goffing around, dont mind stopping for something to drink, just dont like to sit still for long. I have been against the rev limiter many times in the lower gears while climbing hills, dont think i have been against it in high gear though. Don"t trust the shocks so i have not put them to the test in rough stuff.

Guess who!

I/We would be on the faster side. It is not uncommon to be doing 50+ if the terrain will allow. BUT I don't abuse with jumps or hammering the suspension. One reason I have not went on one of the organized UTV Rallys is because they go too slow. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and decided the rallys were not a good fit. My better half has rode with me at 150 mph a couple of times and loves it.

Kinarfi, I am 59 1/2. Can't get much closer to 60 than that. But I have been riding & racing since I was 15.

Good to see you all!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I have been riding & racing since I was 15. Me too, Started out on a Honda trail 55, then trail 90, Crashed, Kawasaki 350 bighorn, CZ, Huskys, yamaha 600tt+ XT's, Honda Transalp 600, Then I started flying, Crashed, disabled, NOW, I drive a Trooper T2 :D

Wow, I ought to put this in my profile, I did.

Not only do I come from a different country than you guys & gals but my miss-spent youth through to adult hood was more cars, cars & faster cars. I lived for cars and from an early age, 19 years old a had my 1st business which involved driving around and servicing the North Island of NZ every six weeks and the South Island once or twice a year driving fast cars. More often than not I'd end up racing a sales rep I knew from one city to the next. Over here back then, you could get your full drivers licence at 15 and I spent the first 10 years as a boy racer. I'm mellow now but when I first drove the Trooper that old feeling came rushing back & on the odd occasion I have taken myself & the Trooper to the limit - well to my limit anyway. I think what gets my blood rushing is that sound when you 1st start it up.

Cheers Mike

I started riding a Honda mini trail50 at 3 1/2. Then it was a RUPP HUSTLER75 Honda 75 YZ80 YZ465. After that I got my licence started drivig cars. only real racing was a Jetski race and cops never lost. Now here I am 40 and find the old itch is back cant go fast enough or jump high enough. The first day I had the BMS 1100 I had it 6' of the groung he$$ it wasent 20 minuts. I have been driving a ditch from our house to our lake cabin 15 miles away. I now have a good trail and each time i go it gets faster and faster. This last weekend I was going 65 hiting aproches at 40-45 clearing the road and landing in the ditch on the other side. Ijust cant get enough WOT!!!!