Quantcast

gutwrencher

Desperately seeking 18mm thin wall socket

I need this for the lugs for my UTV rims. Having a really hard time tracking such an item down... Starting to think only alternative is replacing all lugs with smaller lugs or grinding a socket.

gut

I need this for the lugs for my UTV rims. Having a really hard time tracking such an item down... Starting to think only alternative is replacing all lugs with smaller lugs or grinding a socket.

gut

11/16 will also work, fits a tad snugger than 18 mm but that's good if you haven't buggered the lugnuts, I had a spare 11/16 deep with 1/2 drive and welded it to an old tire iron that I cut the head off of and ground the end down square.

photo of wrench and jack coming.

kinarfi

11/16 will also work, fits a tad snugger than 18 mm but that's good if you haven't buggered the lugnuts, I had a spare 11/16 deep with 1/2 drive and welded it to an old tire iron that I cut the head off of and ground the end down square.

photo of wrench and jack coming.

kinarfi

I tried my standard 11/16 socket and it was a tad small, however from what I have seen might be easier to find a thin wall one. It appears that 18mm thin wall sockets just arent manufactured... I have looked ALL over the internet. 17 or 19 all day long but NO 18. :angry:

can you post a photo? please.

Sure, I just need to borrow my GFs camera.

BTW, my buddy has a shop and ground down a deep 18 mm 12pt socket for me and it works great! Gonna have him do a spare too. B)

gut

Figured I would chime in on this one...

What you should do is get a deep chrome 18mm Craftsman socket from Sears. I would go with a 12 pt unless your lugs are rounded on the edges, then find a 6 point. It shouldn't crack or shatter, and if it does, your lugs are over torqued.

11/16 is closer to 17mm. 3/4 is 19mm, there is no standard socket equivalent for 18mm.

Figured I would chime in on this one...

What you should do is get a deep chrome 18mm Craftsman socket from Sears. I would go with a 12 pt unless your lugs are rounded on the edges, then find a 6 point. It shouldn't crack or shatter, and if it does, your lugs are over torqued.

11/16 is closer to 17mm. 3/4 is 19mm, there is no standard socket equivalent for 18mm.

That is exactly what I have. :) 18mm deep chrome crasftsman socket 12pt. ground down a bit... gonna have my buddy grind me a spare too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2009 Joyner trooper starting problems

I have a no cranking issue with my joyner. It has a chery 1100. It will click but nothing after that.  New battery. I tried banging in the starter while holding key in start(old car trick). Now the  starter solenoid won't even clunk. Just hear s click fron the relay now.  My assumption is the starter needs replacing.  Any ideas of other things to check? Does anyone have diese block diagrams?  Got no clue what fuse or relay goes to what

By Whisper Snowbird, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 10 replies
    • Starting a shop for Joyners

We would like to add a repair and parts shop to our shop in Southern  California for the Joyners. How many Joyner people in the area do we have that own Joyners? 

By WCF, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 24 replies
    • 2015 Massimo 1000 dying and not starting

It will run great for a day or so, then it will randomly die, sometimes starting right back up, sometimes not.  Other times it just won't start at all for a couple days then fire right up the next time.  I have drained the gas, refilled with fresh gas, changed the spark plugs, and replaced the entire air filter.  Besides buying a new fuel pump to try, is there anything else someone can suggest.  

By xkatrik, in UTV General Discussion

• 2 replies
    • Grinding noise

Greetings, I am new to this forum, but hopeful that someone has a solution to my problem.  I have a 1998 Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 gas powered.  I has approximately 800 hours on machine.  I purchased the Mule new and use it on my farm.  My problem is that when in 2 wheel drive and I either decelerate or go down an incline I get a grinding noise  in the area of the front differential.  If I shift the Mule into neutral the grinding stops.  I have drained the lube from the front differential and checked for metal fines by feel and with a magnet. None.  Put in new fluid. Checked the 2 to 4 wheel drive shift cable and it appeared to be a bit loose so I adjusted it to specs according to my shop manual. Still grinds upon deceleration.  Physically got under the Mule and moved the 2 to 4 wheel drive lever on the transmission and can hear the shift "dog" moving inside the case.  Just as a check, I secured the lever at the transmission in the 2 wheel drive position to make sure it was not trying to jump partially into 4 wheel drive. No change in noise.  Is it possible the internal shift "fork" that moves the machine from 2 to 4 wheel drive is bent?  Mule is definitely not in 4 wheel drive with lever on transmission securely tied in 2 wheel drive.  Local dealers (2) only want to throw parts at the machine hoping to find cause.  Not my idea of service. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My next step is to totally remove the drive shaft that powers the front differential and see if the problem still persists. Thanks in advance for any input.

By Lloyd Snider, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • 09 joyner trooper t2 1100cc not starting

Im new to this groop so im sorry if im not doing this right but i bought a 09 joyner trooper t2 1100cc and rode it 3 times on the last ride it quit idling then when i got it home it wouldnt start again at all the fuel pump comes on with the key most of the time and it turns over just fine but no spark any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks.         Ps i checked all the fuses under the dash on passenger side and i didnt see any plugs or wires undone

By josh mcginnis, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies