Quantcast

June 11-14, 2010 -- 2nd Annual Trooper Jamboree

2nd Annual Jamboree   

23 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to have the Jamboree?

• Fall
    • Spring
    • Summer
  2. 2. What kind of trails?

• Desert
    • Mountains
    • Rock Climbing
    • Sand
    • A combination of all the above
  3. 3. How long should the Jamboree be?

• 2-3 days over a week-end
    • 4-5 days including a week-end

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, It should be South of Nevada; Southern Cal, AZ or New Mexico. That was a LONNNNNNNNG pull! The White Mountains between AZ & New Mexico.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico/Moab,UT.

Its going to be a long haul for me anywhere unless you all come up here. But the closest thing to call a cool trail would be the Black Hills in South Dakota or Rocky's in Montana. I vote for MOAB.

Another location central to a lot of Trooper owners is Quartzsite, AZ. We should try to find a location within a day drive for most. Driving two-three days to ride of a couple of days is not FUN!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Is Quartzsite better in the fall and winter? What kind of terrain?

Cinda

Located 20 miles East of the Cal/AZ border on I10.

I am going to plot on a map a 300 mile radius from each person's listed location. This will provide an area that is common to everyone. I am pretty sure the only area will be Quartzite.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 3 months later...

IMHO!

Looking at the data, Fall, Mountains & over a weekend.

My suggestions, Cinda's spot in UT, Rubicon Trail in Lake Tahoe (one of the premier off-road trails), Farmington, New Mexico (get Daven the local dealer to act as the host, incredible trails like Moab) or White Mountains of AZ. Timeframe - Sept/Oct '10. We already have commitments for then so would have to work around them. My two cents!

Side notes:

We plan to take the Trooper to Kino Bay (Mexico) & Rocky Point (Mexico) over Xmas & New Years.

We plan to take the Trooper with us to Baja this winter. Will leave early Feb. and return 4-6 weeks later. We will be traveling the full length.

Anybody interested? You are welcome to follow!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

'

Good to start hearing from you again Cinda. Hope all is well. I think that getting plans for a fall jamboree is here. I sorta of spearheaded the first one so I'll stay out of the next one. But, I do look forward to going, I have no problem with driving a ways. However, if it's in Arizona or California, I'll have to drop one trailer at the boarder, pull the other one in and then backtrack to get the left behind trailer. This is OK so long as it's not 300 miles inside the boarder. Double trailers are OK for me in Nevada and Utah. Anyway someone needs to take charge and make it happen by consolidating everyones input and zeroing in on a place and time. I willing to go pretty much anywhere and at most any time. I only have a few important things comming up that only take one day and would take priority. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully we'[l see some new faces.

Lenny

Just got back from Lake Havasu, AZ. Bad News if your pulling a bumper pull trailer and your trooper on a trailer behind it you will get a ticket, I found out the hard way. But if you are pulling a fifth wheel you can tow behind it. go figure. After an extra tank of fuel and an extra trip back to Havasu to vegas then to st george and my 175.00 dollar ticket I think I'm going to look into a toy hauler. Just thought I'd let you all know what AZ doubles rule is.

Just got back from Lake Havasu, AZ. Bad News if your pulling a bumper pull trailer and your trooper on a trailer behind it you will get a ticket, I found out the hard way. But if you are pulling a fifth wheel you can tow behind it. go figure. After an extra tank of fuel and an extra trip back to Havasu to vegas then to st george and my 175.00 dollar ticket I think I'm going to look into a toy hauler. Just thought I'd let you all know what AZ doubles rule is.

Hammerdn, where are you from.

Lenny

Sorry you got bit by the law but I believe that is the only way I have heard you can double pull in the Southwest. Trailer has to be a fifth wheel. TT pulls are just not stable enough. Oh well you will enjoy the Toyhauler. I have a Raptor 3612DS and the Trooper fits fine. I do only pull it 60 mph as in total it is a huge load.

WELCOME!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Sorry you got bit by the law but I believe that is the only way I have heard you can double pull in the Southwest. Trailer has to be a fifth wheel. TT pulls are just not stable enough. Oh well you will enjoy the Toyhauler. I have a Raptor 3612DS and the Trooper fits fine. I do only pull it 60 mph as in total it is a huge load.

WELCOME!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I just don't get it, that was my fourth trip down and back and never had been stopped before.

Thanks for the welcome