Quantcast

June 11-14, 2010 -- 2nd Annual Trooper Jamboree

2nd Annual Jamboree   

23 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to have the Jamboree?

• Fall
    • Spring
    • Summer
  2. 2. What kind of trails?

• Desert
    • Mountains
    • Rock Climbing
    • Sand
    • A combination of all the above
  3. 3. How long should the Jamboree be?

• 2-3 days over a week-end
    • 4-5 days including a week-end

In the last week or little more, there has been more law on the highways than I have ever seen before. AZ is in a money crunch (second behind CA in $/resident) and it maybe one way they are trying to add revenue. Also you are suppose to have an off-road sticker or you can be fined. If you have one from another state that has a joint agreement like Utah, their sticker is accepted. This is required even if you are licensed for the street, $20 or 25. I have street plates plus the sticker on my Trooper. This is knew 2009 & they are enforcing. Also there is a State Trust Lands Permit you are required to have if you play on State Trust Lands which are usually next to State & National Forest. If you stay on the road just to cross State Trust Lands into the Forest, the permit is not required if you have the Off-Road Sticker. A bunch of c**p has gone down in the last couple of years in the management of the Off-Road world. Maybe you have just been lucky the other times on the blacktop & off-road!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little town called Kemmerer WY

I wondered, you said something about St George after Las Vegas. I live about 15 miles from St George in a little town called Hurricane, UT.

Lenny

I wondered, you said something about St George after Las Vegas. I live about 15 miles from St George in a little town called Hurricane, UT.

Lenny

Yeah I had seen that before been thru there to many times to keep track of. In fact I had thought about looking you up when I came back thru, but things kind of changed I wasn't in a good frame of mind.

I was asked if I would come to the mountains mid-state of Utah for the next Jamboree. To share with everyone, I said we would probably pass as I didn't want to pull that far again up 15. I did suggest I would come to the area East of Kinarf & Lenny /West of Page as I could pull thu the center of AZ & thu Page. A lot easier for me. Wanted to share so everyone was on the same footing with the info I am putting out. Timing is going to be the tough nut to crack!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 4 weeks later...

OK this is an aggressive push! I would like to see the 2nd Joyner Rally held in Farmington, NM. Daven at Farr Offroad, http://www.teamjoynerusa.com/state_nm.html , has agreed and wants the Rally. He will lead us on the local trails and would even lead us on a secondary run of trails in Colorado in the Rockies 30 minutes of trailing to the North. He said he would put the Rally on his website and we should be able to pull more people from East of the crowd we had last time. Spring or Fall would work well per Daven. There is a location for dry camping or campgrounds with hookups. I would differently commit if this as the chosen location. I will say with due respect, I am not traveling to Utah. I have seen rock climbing and ATV trails on the Outdoor Channel and the area looks GREAT! Plus you are not that far from Taos, 4 Corners or Canyon de Chelly.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

:D I will say with due respect, I am not traveling to Utah. :( I feel sorry for you, you just don't know what you're missing :D

I would like to go somewhere new. I have been to Utah and while it maybe cool in the mountains, we have to travel thu many miles/over a day of nearly 100+ degrees before we get to cool weather. Going to Farmington, besides being a new area, would mean only about 3 hours of hot weather and only one or no large cities to drive thu depending on the route. LV is h*ll to pull thu going to Utah.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I'm just trying to torment you in fun, I totally understand your feelings and hope you forgive me, as I remember, you do have quite a rig to drag around, nice rig though. I imagine Farmington has some good places too, and like you said, go north and you get into the Durango and the likes, Been there once, but was visiting family and not exploring. If there is local support and leadership in Farmington, it may be a very good place.

Not pushing Utah but, as far as I know, you only got to see the red rock beauty of Utah, and not all of it at that, there is lots more and of course forest area is forest area and it's all beautiful, which ever state has it. If Joyner gets more popular, there may have to be more than one Jamboree, say a North and a South and an East and a West, that would be fun for us retired folk. :D

Found Daven's site, http://www.farroffroad.com,

Thanks.

kinarfi

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I'm Dave. I just picked up a 2009 Joyner Trooper T4 and am interested in your Jamboree. I'm in the Air Force and stationed at Nellis AFB, NV. Any info would be appreciated. Also, I'm looking for a good trailer to haul this monster with; any suggestions?

WOW did we miss a new Trooper Owner. WELCOME!

Check the local race track.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

OK, I am back on the Farmington, NM kick. Those who attended the 1st Rally are ALL just about equal distance from Farmington.

Tubac 521 miles

Las Vegas 527 miles

Hurricane 414 miles

and hopefully,

Alpine 737 miles, Sorry Flatbed you can stop over at our place or we can hookup in Phoenix.

And who knows who would come from the EAST. At any rate I AM going to Farmington some time between June and August 2010. I checked temps and they are not a problem because you are in the mountains. But July & August can be wet. What ya think?

We will be also visiting some of the tourist stuff besides 4 wheeling. There is lots to see & do!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

OK, I am back on the Farmington, NM kick. Those who attended the 1st Rally are ALL just about equal distance from Farmington.

Tubac 521 miles

Las Vegas 527 miles

Hurricane 414 miles

and hopefully,

Alpine 737 miles, Sorry Flatbed you can stop over at our place or we can hookup in Phoenix.

And who knows who would come from the EAST. At any rate I AM going to Farmington some time between June and August 2010. I checked temps and they are not a problem because you are in the mountains. But July & August can be wet. What ya think?

We will be also visiting some of the tourist stuff besides 4 wheeling. There is lots to see & do!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Sounds fine with me. What about pulling a trailer behind a fifthwheel there, any idea?

Lenny

YES they do. Here is a site with info for all states.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:udWI9...=clnk&gl=us

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Sounds good, I'm willing to go there. Thanks for the RV Safty site. Been looking for one for some time but most refer to tracter trailer combinations and don't specifically cover RVs. You will want to drive my Trooper with the supercharger. Whole new machine. It's fast but thats not what I refering to, don't really need fast. It has good torque all the way down to 1000 RPMs. Can chugg around in 3rd and 4th suprisingly well. You'll like it. No more reving the engine to get power. Never hit rev limiter any more. Pretty much never get over 4000RPMs. Like a little diesel.

Lenny

I love the torque of diesel.

I am leading towards the first part of June as June is the worst month to be here at home in the summer. 2nd par of June & 1st part of July is already committed. I will get with Daven, the Joyner dealer in Farmington, and see if that works for him. For now this is just a off-road trip not taking the place of what Cinda is putting together. I am no way trying to replace Cinda's efforts.

Interesting side note: I posted today on the chinacarforum.com site asking if anyone has additional info about our engine. They do the most exchange of information about China built products I have been able to find. I will update if anything comes of the quest.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Added this info to the pinned parts and pieces thread so if you need to refer to it, you'll know where to find it again.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:udWI9...=clnk&gl=us

Kinalrfi, I couldn't get the link to work. By the way, could you go to the pinned "Past Trooper Problem Areas" and delete all the post except for the main one. I have updated the main post so the others are no longer needed. This will help keep things clean. Thanks

Lenny

FIXED Glad to, good idea

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay trying to bring this topic back to life and get everyones mind off the bad news we have heard as of late.I would like to make to this but need to know about how many days it will last and if the previous postings as to dates and place is final.I t would be great to meet all of you and will be looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Okay trying to bring this topic back to life and get everyones mind off the bad news we have heard as of late.I would like to make to this but need to know about how many days it will last and if the previous postings as to dates and place is final.I t would be great to meet all of you and will be looking forward to it.

Thanks,

The Mojave is very beautiful in the spring and has "all of the above" as listed on the pole. Johnson Valley is a good area.

Time for a little update. The Parks Service knows of our little adventure. They are trying to say we are an organized event and want permits & insurance. Just got the paperwork and will be calling today to talk to the person in charge. WE ARE NOT AN ORGANIZED EVENT! We are friends getting together, no fees, no single person in charge with no idea if one or 20 sidexsides are showing up. EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEMSELVES! Will update later.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

SUCCESS! We are square the the Farmington Field office of the BLM.

BUT, a camping permit is required at NO COST. They can be obtained ahead of time by contacting J.J. Montgomery @ 505-599-8984. He needs a week lead time. We will be camping in the Glade. I will call and get my permit soon and post the outcome. If you are not sure if you are going to make the trip and decide at the last minute, BLM ask that you call J.J. in route so you are not harassed over the weekend. BLM does not work over the weekend but the local law enforcement does patrol the area. Also don't forget your Off Road permit discussed in an earlier post.

See http://www.utvboard.com/UTV-Specific-Forums-f14/Joyner-UTV-Forum-f29/Farmingtion-New-Mexico-June-t1328.html&pid=5568&st=20#entry5568

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico