Quantcast

The calm before the storm

Jarrad

been waiting to hear from Brostar,that earthquake down there really tore things up.

Brostar is fine. Got email from him today. He was worried about some family members but all turned out allright. I too was thinking of him when I saw the news. Sure wouldn't want to loose a strong Joyner supporter like Brostar.

Lenny

Nah, we are finally back home. Will get the Fox Shocks back on the Trooper tomorrow and soften the springs some more. I have been replacing the rear wheel bearings & CV axles on my better 3/4's car. Finished today, sounds beautiful but the work was a pain.

rocmoc n AZ

Rocmoc,

Please let me know what you end up with on your spring rates. I am looking to purchase springs in the upcoming weeks. I also PM'd flatbed for his suggestions. I need to ask Lenny as well. I was cycling my front suspension this weekend. I found that at full droop, without shocks installed, the CV boot was binding before the actual joint. Another limiting factor was the heim joints. Along with lowering my rear diff, I am going to lower the front. I think that will be just as much work as making new shock mounts in the front, although it is very likely I will end up doing both. Due to the 30" tires I am limited by a couple of inches of up-travel, so I am trying to maximize my droop to get as close to 14.5 inches of total travel as possible.

Scoops, with my setup I used the existing Joyner springs. I added a second Fox Shock to the existing factory setup, not another coil-over shock replacing the factory setup. Lenny has done the most work with what is the correct spring setup. Haven't heard from Flatbed for a while so don't know if he changed from what he posted on this forum. Good luck.

rocmoc n AZ

Brostar is fine. Got email from him today. He was worried about some family members but all turned out allright. I too was thinking of him when I saw the news. Sure wouldn't want to loose a strong Joyner supporter like Brostar.

Lenny

Thanks everyone for your concerns and emails. The earthquake has torn apart or to put it bluntly totally stuffed our second largest City, Christchurch. We are in the north of the North Island, Christchurch is half way down the South Island. We have family and friends down there and they are all fine. That’s the main thing. As Jarrad put it, the whole world seems to be going crazy this week. The bill for this is going to drive NZ, deeper into a finical nightmare, we will climb out of it, but it will take years.

Mike.

Thanks everyone for your concerns and emails. The earthquake has torn apart or to put it bluntly totally stuffed our second largest City, Christchurch. We are in the north of the North Island, Christchurch is half way down the South Island. We have family and friends down there and they are all fine. That’s the main thing. As Jarrad put it, the whole world seems to be going crazy this week. The bill for this is going to drive NZ, deeper into a finical nightmare, we will climb out of it, but it will take years.

Mike.

Really glad to hear you and your family are okay.