Quantcast

New Trooper Power Steering unit

plumber

I would buy one right now if its a complete unit. Robert

At this time for the $400.00 it would not be as what you would call a complete unit.It would be the power steering unit,controll unit,and wiring.It would not come with the bracket,steering shaft or adapters.I hope this is clear to all.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really mean I can put a nicker knob on. Wow, don't even know if you can buy them anymore. Maybe I'll look for the spotlight that you used to see on the drivers side that you could swing to look at anything. No, no Rickserb, get your mind out of the gutter.

Lenny

Of course i meant your arm around your date :D

Anyone know the diameter of the steering shaft? I figure we will have to cut a section out of the long shaft going down to the steering box and we will need a couple couplers to weld on the ends in order to attach to the steering unit.

UPDATE.

I spoke to them this morning and was told that by the end of today i will be hearing from them regarding all the info we need to make the purchase.They will put a special part number together we will refer to when placing the orders that will be for the steering unit,controller,and wiring only. I also sent photos last night of our current set up of the steering shaft and steering box as they requested and they have been forwarded to the owner so he can determine if they would like to have one of our troopers brought to them so they can produce brackets and shafts so that they can market a complete kit to fit the trooper in the future.

UPDATE.

I spoke to them this morning and was told that by the end of today i will be hearing from them regarding all the info we need to make the purchase.They will put a special part number together we will refer to when placing the orders that will be for the steering unit,controller,and wiring only. I also sent photos last night of our current set up of the steering shaft and steering box as they requested and they have been forwarded to the owner so he can determine if they would like to have one of our troopers brought to them so they can produce brackets and shafts so that they can market a complete kit to fit the trooper in the future.

It's inportant that it's clear that the controller does not need any extra signals from a computer and if so, does this include the signal generator to provide those signals. They probably have it set up to not require the extra info from a computer. My setup has been modified from stock so I can't layout a proceedure to install the head without the brackets not being provided but I'm sure there is someone here that would be willing to document an installation for those not quite sure as to how to do it.

Lenny

It's inportant that it's clear that the controller does not need any extra signals from a computer and if so, does this include the signal generator to provide those signals. They probably have it set up to not require the extra info from a computer. My setup has been modified from stock so I can't layout a proceedure to install the head without the brackets not being provided but I'm sure there is someone here that would be willing to document an installation for those not quite sure as to how to do it.

Lenny

Okay here we go.

Controller of power steering unit DOES NOT need signals from computer.Controller has three wires,12 volt power,negative wire, and wire to go to ignition switch.Owner says they have someone nearby(not sure if thats you plumber)in Kentucky that has a trooper to bring in so they can get the specs to make the brackets and shafts to start marketing the power steering unit for the troopers.Not sure what the price will be but they are selling them at $599.00 for other brands.For those of us that want to purchase the unit now without the bracket and shafts for the $400.00 we need to call and ask for Casey at 812 574-7777 and let him know you would like to purchase the unit for the Joyner Trooper.

Okay here we go.

Controller of power steering unit DOES NOT need signals from computer.Controller has three wires,12 volt power,negative wire, and wire to go to ignition switch.Owner says they have someone nearby(not sure if thats you plumber)in Kentucky that has a trooper to bring in so they can get the specs to make the brackets and shafts to start marketing the power steering unit for the troopers.Not sure what the price will be but they are selling them at $599.00 for other brands.For those of us that want to purchase the unit now without the bracket and shafts for the $400.00 we need to call and ask for Casey at 812 574-7777 and let him know you would like to purchase the unit for the Joyner Trooper.

I would rather have the complete unit/package for $599. The way my free time is a parts package will sit for a year before I would get around to making the extra needed parts. If you talk to them again, please let them know you have one for a complete package.

rocmoc n AZ

I would rather have the complete unit/package for $599. The way my free time is a parts package will sit for a year before I would get around to making the extra needed parts. If you talk to them again, please let them know you have one for a complete package.

rocmoc n AZ

I would also want complete unit. I don't have knowledge or tools to build it. If I hire someone to fabricate the stuff it would probably cost as much or more. With them doing it I know it should be right.

Well i will have to contact them to see if the $400.00 offer will still work for those that want to fabricate their own bracket.Before all was willing to do their own and thats what the deal was.Now seems things have changed.

I'm ready to go on the $400 part. Rather not want to spend $600. Maybe just get the $400 deal in the works first because it will be a while before complete kits are available anyway.

Lenny

I'm ready to go on the $400 part. Rather not want to spend $600. Maybe just get the $400 deal in the works first because it will be a while before complete kits are available anyway.

Lenny

Im calling monday to order mine.tried late yesterday but he was gone.The 400 is also including shipping if i understood him right.

Ordered mine. Came with couplers & shipped to my house for $400--unbelievable price! I just hope it doesn't show up and have Joyner Manufacturing stamped on the side :blink:

Glad to hear it.I just spoke to casey and he told me their was another order.Anyone else that orders might make sure they throw in the shaft couplers.

Glad to hear it.I just spoke to casey and he told me their was another order.Anyone else that orders might make sure they throw in the shaft couplers.

Got mine ordered.Said they would ship everyones orders out tomorrow. Couplers are included. Talked to him about how many Troopers there are out there and that they steer probably harder then any of the others. He seemed to be excited about the potential. Thanks to Rick for all the work you did to pull this together. Guess I'll have to try to be nice to you for a while. Not too long though. I'm only nice to those I can beat on the trails but I couldn't get away from you. I'll have to take out that extra 1000 pounds I carry to smooth the ride for my wife the next time.

Mine was the third order Casey received today.

Lenny

Got mine ordered.Said they would ship everyones orders out tomorrow. Couplers are included. Talked to him about how many Troopers there are out there and that they steer probably harder then any of the others. He seemed to be excited about the potential. Thanks to Rick for all the work you did to pull this together. Guess I'll have to try to be nice to you for a while. Not too long though. I'm only nice to those I can beat on the trails but I couldn't get away from you. I'll have to take out that extra 1000 pounds I carry to smooth the ride for my wife the next time.

Mine was the third order Casey received today.

Lenny

Thanks goes to Plumber,hes the one who brought this to our attention.

Thanks goes to Plumber,hes the one who brought this to our attention.

The thanks goes to Rick he done all the work. I drop off the trooper tomorrom to have the cams put in can't wait I'm even taking off tomorrom so I can watch them will give report on it tomorrom

How did you guys order? If you called, did you just call the general # on their site and ask for Casey? How did you pay? Was the total $400 which includes shipping? Did they give you a part # or is Casey winging it? I would like to order today. The heck with waiting for a package!

rocmoc n AZ

YES, I get up early & I have been up for a couple of hours, LOL!

How did you guys order? If you called, did you just call the general # on their site and ask for Casey? How did you pay? Was the total $400 which includes shipping? Did they give you a part # or is Casey winging it? I would like to order today. The heck with waiting for a package!

rocmoc n AZ

Called 812-574-7777 and asked for Casey. Paid by credit card. I provided my email addess and he emailed me an Order Summary confirmatoin. Stated would ship our the next day UPS Ground. They are in Indiana (Super ATV). $400 includes the shipping for the Universal Power Steering Kit. www.superatv.com.

rocmoc n AZ

rocmoc,

Call 812 574-7777 and ask for casey.There is no part number yet,just tell him you are calling to order the power steering unit for the Joyner Trooper.Yes the $400 includes shipping.They take most credit cards and you can also pay with paypal.

We must get up around the same time.Im up at 3:30 on work days and get to sleep in to around 4:30 or 5 on my days off.

I ordered one also, talked to Tyler to order it and later talked to Kyle about how it worked. While I was prerunning the jamboree with Lenny, we were cruising down a dirt road and all of a sudden, my steering decided to turn right, returned to normal for a moment, then went right again and Lenny & I took a trip through the brush, going between the road bank and a tree (Lenny, do remember if you keyed your radio about the time we did that?). It happened again later at the jamboree when Linda decided to talk on the radio and keyed the button a few times, almost took us off the road again, and I had figured out that transmitting from a radio causes interference in my design, making it turn right. While I was out for a ride at Soapstone basin, I had gotten on the pavement and was head toward Mirror Lake when I passed 4 or 5 Highway Patrol cars that had a logging truck pulled over and one of them keyed his radio and my Trooper tried to turn right again, but I had added a resistor to limit the amount torque that could be delivered, so I can overpower the motor when I need too. Anyway, these steering units sound like a good deal and I should be getting mine early next week. Woo Hoo!!!! For to day it's weld frame and order bearings.

Kinarfi

Anyone receive a ship notice yet ?

rocmoc n AZ

Yes. Received UPS ship notice on 8/16/11 (Tues). Just looked at the current info and it looks like mine will be delivered on Monday.

Lenny

Same here,ups says Monday.Lets get a pool going on who installs first...I know i will come in last.

The wife get mad at me when I take her items on the list of things to do and move them down one. I guess I'll have to see what her mood is when it gets here. May have to just throw it at the list and hope it floats to the top quickly.

Lenny