How about a 1st annual Trooper Jamboree

Guest Lenny

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trooper is IN the Toyhauler! Where is everyone? Any NASCAR fans? I will have my Sat. with me. I'm not missing any races unless there is a software update while I am traveling for the STB. I will setup a TV outside under the awning. We can have a tailgate party! Two actually, one for Nationwide Fri. nite & for the Cup race Sat. AND F1 Sunday morning!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I will be bringing an extra set of Joyner rear tires & rims. Great condition! $125 for the two. I will also be bring two 12" dia. ITP SandStars. NEW! $100 for the two.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

All we have to do is load the T4 into the trailer. We put the new tires and top on today, all the maintence was done over the week-end so we are ready! We also have two rear rims (excellent condition) so if anyone is looking for a complete set let me know and we'll bring ours also.

The news said that the temps will be around 100 this week-end.

Cinda

Now your really making me jealous. I'll tell you what, I will sit in my Trooper in the garage downstairs set up the TV and watch it live on Sky TV, have a couple of beers and think of you guys. Problem is the temperate is down to about 8 to 15 degrees now and it will be half that in the garage. Make sure you take and post a group photo of the Troopers and you guys lined up in front of your machines so the rest of us can see what we are missing.

Cinda, did you get an upgrade winch? Sounds like your all ready to Rock & Roll anyway, have a bloody good time and take care.

Cheers Mike. B) B)

No winch yet, George is comparing them and I think he's close to making a decision.We were just talking about it last week-end. Also I now know more about Trooper maintence than I ever wanted to know about. I helped being the gopher as George worked on her. Nobody ever told me that gear oil really stinks :o . I even helped change the stock bolts for hex bolts on the skid plates.

The T4 had all the guys at the tire store plus a delivery guy ohing and ahhing over her. Its like traveling with a model or moviestar :P its amazing how many people have never seen a Trooper before. It is fun showing her off and answering questions :D

I'll be sure and take lots of pictures this week-end of everyone.

Just in case!

Don't let the Weather/Temp forecast scare you away. We can ride Arizona Style. Ride early & late and eat,visit & hydrate in between. I am bringing an extra pop-up canopy to attach to my awning so there will be lots of shade. We can also run the gen and setup a couple of fans if there is not a breeze. We do it all the time and you will be surprised how comfortable you will be. Bring lots of water, soda and your favorite drink. Liquids will be important. Also a straw hat to cover your head when you are not in the shade will be VERY HELPFUL! We will have a BALL! We are going to get there earlier, Friday morning. Hopefully I will have everything setup before it hits triple digits. Of course coming from AZ, I am good to 102 degrees.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Just in case!

Don't let the Weather/Temp forecast scare you away. We can ride Arizona Style. Ride early & late and eat,visit & hydrate in between. I am bringing an extra pop-up canopy to attach to my awning so there will be lots of shade. We can also run the gen and setup a couple of fans if there is not a breeze. We do it all the time and you will be surprised how comfortable you will be. Bring lots of water, soda and your favorite drink. Liquids will be important. Also a straw hat to cover your head when you are not in the shade will be VERY HELPFUL! We will have a BALL! We are going to get there earlier, Friday morning. Hopefully I will have everything setup before it hits triple digits. Of course coming from AZ, I am good to 102 degrees.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Have you ever tried one of those mister things that work like a swamp cooler?

Kinarfi,

I have been at locations with them but do not have one myself. I do have a fan that holds water and acts like a mini-swamp cooler. Only works well in a small area. Easier to wet a cloth and put it in between the top of your head and a straw hat or a damp cloth on the neck. Works pretty well. OR, Someone could bring a kiddie pool and we could take turns, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

We will be there mid morning Friday and leaving late Sunday afternoon. What time do you think you'll be getting in?

Cinda

Morning, hopefully before it is too hot.

Hope you ALL leave enough room for me to pull thu or back in if ya get there before me. I am huge and need a little room to turn around or make a turn.

Thanks

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Morning, hopefully before it is too hot.

Hope you ALL leave enough room for me to pull thu or back in if ya get there before me. I am huge and need a little room to turn around or make a turn.

Thanks

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I forgot to tell you that you can't get on I-15 from US95, they have you exiting at Las Vegas Blvd to Lake Mead Drive.

Otherwise you can exit Boulder Hiway, go right to Lamb (just past Boulder Station) left on Lamb (to the right Lamb is Desert Inn) and run Lamb to I-15. I'll pm you my cell number.

Cinda

I forgot to tell you that you can't get on I-15 from US95, they have you exiting at Las Vegas Blvd to Lake Mead Drive.

Otherwise you can exit Boulder Hiway, go right to Lamb (just past Boulder Station) left on Lamb (to the right Lamb is Desert Inn) and run Lamb to I-15. I'll pm you my cell number.

Cinda

Can we get off on 146/215 to 15 and come up from South of the airport? Also morning rush hour traffic, anything we should know?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Can we get off on 146/215 to 15 and come up from South of the airport? Also morning rush hour traffic, anything we should know?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Yes you can take the 215 to the 15, the traffic gets bad on the 215 in the morning rush then you'll have the same rush hour traffic on I-15. George varies between Lamb and Las Vegas Blvd when we're going to Utah. I can't wait for them to finish the on ramp. I just talked to George and he said you could also exit Charleston , right to Lamb left on Lamb to I-15 we'll listen to the traffic reports Friday morning and you guys can decide on the best route.

Yes you can take the 215 to the 15, the traffic gets bad on the 215 in the morning rush then you'll have the same rush hour traffic on I-15. George varies between Lamb and Las Vegas Blvd when we're going to Utah. I can't wait for them to finish the on ramp. I just talked to George and he said you could also exit Charleston , right to Lamb left on Lamb to I-15 we'll listen to the traffic reports Friday morning and you guys can decide on the best route.

Whichever way is the best for a truck. We are nearly the same size as a semi-truck & trailer, 53' long. I left you a PM & a voice-mail.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

WELL...How'd the Troopers hold up??? How bout a small rundown to go with the pics. The guy here that was going to open a Joyner Dealership has been put on hold till fall for right now. So you guys are my only sources of info. to get ready for him to open. Thanks in advance. :D