Quantcast

How about a 1st annual Trooper Jamboree

Guest Lenny

I like your idea for 2nd Annual Trooper Jamboree in NZ, Mike, provided you're footing the bill for us to get there with our Troopers and gear

sorry for the edit, couldn't resist, Kinarfi

It would be cheaper if I flew over there brought a Trooper and left it with one of you guys. Keep these going long enough and I'll come over one year.

Cheers Mike

ME! ME! ME! ME!, Leave it and the key with ME! :P:lol:

Sorry again for editing your post, Kinarfi

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like your idea for 2nd Annual Trooper Jamboree in NZ, Mike, provided you're footing the bill for us to get there with our Troopers and gear

sorry for the edit, couldn't resist, Kinarfi

It would be cheaper if I flew over there brought a Trooper and left it with one of you guys. Keep these going long enough and I'll come over one year.

Cheers Mike

[/color]

Mike I do have a T4, George would more than likely even let you drive it!

Cinda

Cinda, that sounds awesome and & very tempting however commitments will stop me make any additional plans for the rest of the year. Lets say as long as 4x4x454 makes the same promise, I would like to think I can get over there within the next couple of years. Maybe we can start making plans for next year and get everyone that counts involved. Man, I really hope John Burns or crew from T.J's turn up, I think they would be very impressed with you lot.

Cheers Mike.

I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR THATS A PROMISE!!!

Cinda, that sounds awesome and & very tempting however commitments will stop me make any additional plans for the rest of the year. Lets say as long as 4x4x454 makes the same promise, I would like to think I can get over there within the next couple of years. Maybe we can start making plans for next year and get everyone that counts involved. Man, I really hope John Burns or crew from T.J's turn up, I think they would be very impressed with you lot.

Cheers Mike.

Guest Lenny

Talked to my dealer today. Told him we talked to Joyner about the Jamboree and he said he did too. He spoke with I think John Jr. at Joyner and was told that there was a real good chance that Joyner would be going. Thats good news.

Lenny

Guest Lenny
This is going to be hard to pass up, I am going to have to work harder to try and fit this in, I think the trooper might be getting jealous of the model a

Come on everybody, we need to make sure flatbed doesn't miss out on this event. I think he is starting to think about it. Checked the Logandale Trails map and it looks like there is a whole lot that I didn't even get to. This is going to be a real riot and who knows, maybe we'll make the magazines.

Lenny

Flatbed, according to Virtual Earth, it's only 405 miles for you, that's only 50 more than I have. Hope you find the time. If you want, I can email the directions to you. :lol:

Kinarfi

Distances

piaute 3 --- 080.4 mi

lenny ------ 092.3 mi

kinarfi ----- 345.7 mi

detbohica - 377.6 mi

flatbed ---- 405.1 mi

latch73 ---- 487.2 mi

rocmoc ---- 512.6 mi

Flatbed, according to Virtual Earth, it's only 405 miles for you, that's only 50 more than I have. Hope you find the time. If you want, I can email the directions to you. :lol:

Kinarfi

Distances

piaute 3 --- 080.4 mi

lenny ------ 092.3 mi

kinarfi ----- 345.7 mi

detbohica - 377.6 mi

flatbed ---- 405.1 mi

latch73 ---- 487.2 mi

rocmoc ---- 512.6 mi

WOW! Did not realize we were traveling the furthers. And we are actually 45 miles South of Tucson so it really is 557 miles. Is there a PRIZE for traveling the furthers?

Next year suggestion, A two location event! One location at Paiute Trail in Utah and the next weekend/weekdays or the weekend/weekdays before at Moab, Utah. People could come to what they want, all or what their personal schedule allows. Even if it is only Paiute, we will be also be going to Moab. The expenses are too high not to enjoy both locations once we are in Utah.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lenny

It's going to be such a good time. Excited about meeting everyone and putting faces with their names. If I don't sleep between now and then, I'll get everything done in time. OR, I just won't have it done when I get there. B)

Lenny

Lenny, correct me if I am wrong. I looked at Yahoo maps & Sat. When you get to Liston St., you turn WEST! As you come into Logandale you are heading South. Also your posted pics/maps indicate the same thing.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Logandale is about 35-40 miles northeast of the northeast corner of Las Vegas. I'm sure you can get to Logandale without my help. Once in Logandale, turn WEST on Liston st. Liston st is aprox. 2-1/3 miles from the north edge of town. Go aprox 1 block to the end,and turn right just before the RR tracks. After about 200 yards you will cross over to the other side of the RR tracks. Continue on for another 170 yards along the tracks and follow as it curves off to the left. After not too far, you'll be next to the tracks again and then the gravel road continues on to the left. Follow this road for aprox. 2-1/4 miles where you will see the entrance to the trails. The not so good public restroom will be here along with some placks etc. Continue on about 2/3 mile and you will be at the intended camping site. If for some reason that site is taken, we will just pick from one of the many others.

GPS coordinants of the camp site are; 36deg- 35min-11.77sec N and 114degrees-31min-52.06sec W

You might want to check it out on Google Earth. It is pretty slick looking from the air.

Lenny

2740621080104282158jHfHAH_th.jpg 2175330950104282158snoRFZ_th.jpg 2466822350104282158EsmQzj_th.jpg 2807609250104282158WiFVHx_th.jpg 2617011840104282158hnSnmJ_th.jpg 2130937430104282158nvQGyp_th.jpg 2701441390104282158mSbSMi_th.jpg

Thanks to kinarfi for adding the above pictures. Good job kinarfi.

I do believe your correct Rocmoc, I'll go edit Lennys post, Thanks

Kinarfi.

Here's some direction from DeLorme maps & me

get off I-15 at mile post 93 & head for Logandale,

Go straight (SSE) on SR 12 (SR 169) 5.72 mi

Turn right (W) on to Liston 0.21 mi

Keep right (W) on to Liston Ave

straight (NNW) on to Mills 0.16 mi

Go straight (NNW) on to N Pioneer 0.73 mi

Turn left (WSW) on to <unnamed> 1.50 mi

Finish

DeLorme says: "Starting where you get off at mile post 93"

Turn Time Turn Dist Turn Road Exit Finish Time Finish Dist Total Time Total Dist

00:00:00 Start at SR 12 00:21:37 10.77 mi 00:00:00 0.00 mi

00:09:40 Go straight (SSE) on SR 12 (SR 169) 00:21:37 10.77 mi 00:00:00 0.00 mi

in 00:09:40 5.72 mi Turn right (W) on to Liston 00:11:57 5.05 mi 00:09:40 5.72 mi

in 00:00:29 0.21 mi Keep right (W) on to Liston Ave 00:11:28 4.84 mi 00:10:09 5.93 mi

in 00:00:13 0.10 mi Go straight (NNW) on to Mills 00:11:15 4.75 mi 00:10:22 6.02 mi

in 00:00:23 0.16 mi Go straight (NNW) on to N Pioneer 00:10:52 4.59 mi 00:10:45 6.19 mi

in 00:02:05 0.87 mi Keep right (SSE) on N Pioneer 00:08:47 3.71 mi 00:12:50 7.06 mi

in 00:01:20 0.56 mi Go straight (SSE) on to Mills 00:07:27 3.15 mi 00:14:10 7.62 mi

in 00:00:23 0.16 mi Go straight (E) on to Liston Ave 00:07:04 2.99 mi 00:14:33 7.78 mi

in 00:00:13 0.10 mi Keep left (N) on to Liston 00:06:51 2.89 mi 00:14:46 7.88 mi

in 00:00:58 0.41 mi Keep right (W) on to Liston Ave 00:05:53 2.48 mi 00:15:44 8.29 mi

in 00:00:13 0.10 mi Turn right (NNW) on to Mills 00:05:40 2.38 mi 00:15:57 8.39 mi

in 00:00:23 0.16 mi Go straight (NNW) on to N Pioneer 00:05:17 2.22 mi 00:16:20 8.55 mi

in 00:01:43 0.73 mi Turn left (WSW) on to <unnamed> 00:03:34 1.50 mi 00:18:03 9.28 mi

in 00:03:34 1.50 mi Finish at Finish 00:00:00 0.00 mi 00:21:37 10.77 mi

And that's a quote, don't ask me to explain

Kinarfi

Guest Lenny

We'll be going on thursday and hopefully claim our spot. If for some reason It's already occupied, I'll just go down to the next suitable site. I'll make up some Trooper Family signs.

Lenny

Don't forget SunScreen with a high number for protection and Sunscreen you are willing to wear on your face. It WILL be required! Bottled Water & something over your cage to help keep the sun off. Just Zip tie an old blanket, tarp or anything on the rollbar after you get there. This will make your day more enjoyable. Long sleeved T-shirt can help even if it is hot. Plan for the sun.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Installed a muffler today, seat covers & a small tarp under the the spare tire to keep the sun off the back of our necks. I found the noise and it is a squeaking Helm joint in the front suspension. I will take the Helm out tomorrow and see if I can get the noise to go away. If not, I try to get a replacement. Love how quiet the Trooper is now. Been really busy as I had to put new brakes and bearings in/on the trailer. Getting closer to being ready.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Guest Lenny

Wished I had a muffler too, just haven't gotten to it yet. Other then that I'm ready, Oil changed, greased, air filter cleaned. Put toggle switch on electric steering along with a shorting switch for stabilizing steering. Between Kinarfi's and my Troopers, everybody else will get a chance to see and feel how our development is comming. Won't have controllers but Kinarfi has developed (IS DEVELOPING, KINARFI edit) a custom circuit board and if he can get the componets and put one together in time, we'll get to see it to. You will get to feel how nice the stabilizing feature is as that doesn't need the controller to test drive. It will be activated by the controller however once the controller is intergrated into the system. Jeanne, my wife and I are excited and getting anxious to get on the road. We a looking forward to meeting everyone. We'll have enough Troopers there, we will be able to play Trooper soccer. Wow, that sounds dangerous.

Lenny