Quantcast

Trooper 2 Rt front axle

I was wondering if anybody had a rt front axle for a 2008 Trooper 2? One of the cv joints is toast, it's clicking pretty bad. I can't find anyone that has one-JMC has one on order for me and it will be here once they get their containers but I wanna ride now!. I'll just buy the other one from JMC when it comes in and have it as a spare. It seems to turn sharper to the right than to the left so maybe it got over-extended.I'm still baffled as to why it ripped the boot with only 3200km on the clock, it's an 08' and you would figure it would hold up longer than that-It was a pretty severe trail we were on about 6 hours +in and out, Martinez Cabin and the Coke ovens in Florence,AZ-highly recommend this trip. Florence Coke Ovens - Arizona Motorcycle and ATV Trails

Anyhow, would appreciate any help on locating an axle. I would really like to find out if Joyner sources these axles from some other type of vehicle that we could cross-ref? I can't find anything on that but maybe Joyner has these custom made for their particular application.

I was wondering if anybody had a rt front axle for a 2008 Trooper 2? One of the cv joints is toast, it's clicking pretty bad. I can't find anyone that has one-JMC has one on order for me and it will be here once they get their containers but I wanna ride now!. I'll just buy the other one from JMC when it comes in and have it as a spare. It seems to turn sharper to the right than to the left so maybe it got over-extended.I'm still baffled as to why it ripped the boot with only 3200km on the clock, it's an 08' and you would figure it would hold up longer than that-It was a pretty severe trail we were on about 6 hours +in and out, Martinez Cabin and the Coke ovens in Florence,AZ-highly recommend this trip. Florence Coke Ovens - Arizona Motorcycle and ATV Trails

Anyhow, would appreciate any help on locating an axle. I would really like to find out if Joyner sources these axles from some other type of vehicle that we could cross-ref? I can't find anything on that but maybe Joyner has these custom made for their particular application.

I've had a few problem with my CVs because they pulled apart due to the circlip coming off, If all you had was a ripped boot, I suggest you pull it apart and clean it real good and see if any thing is missing or cracked inside, I have one that lost one of it's balls, :blink::o(no comments allowed, boys) :lol: !!! If you find any thing during cleaning and inspection, let me know and if I have it, I'll send it to you.

Kinarfi

PS, look at http://www.utvboard.com/UTV-Specific-Forums-f14/Joyner-UTV-Forum-f29/Parts-Pieces-Information-Troopers-t392.html for boot replacement numbers and suppliers.

I've had a few problem with my CVs because they pulled apart due to the circlip coming off, If all you had was a ripped boot, I suggest you pull it apart and clean it real good and see if any thing is missing or cracked inside, I have one that lost one of it's balls, :blink::o(no comments allowed, boys) :lol: !!! If you find any thing during cleaning and inspection, let me know and if I have it, I'll send it to you.

Kinarfi

PS, look at Parts, Pieces, and Information for our Troopers & Joyners - UTV BOARD - Side X Side and UTV Forum for boot replacement numbers and suppliers.

It was clicking pretty bad and so based on what I've seen on CV halfshafts from cars, once the clicking sound starts, it' toast. But if you think I could cut the boot off, clean it and pack it with grease I might give it a try. What do you think?

thx

Bob

I'm pretty sure Jarrad from No Limits said something about securing a whole lot of Trooper axle parts from T.J USA when they had a fire sale with all their spare parts. Drop him a email first at: [email protected]

Cheers Mike.

Thx Mike. I emailed Jarrad and he doesn't have any axles right now. I spoke to the guys at JMC and they are waiting on containers of parts that are on their way from China. Since the joint was clicking I am assuming that the joint is bad. I didn't notice anything was wrong, we had been out in water,sand,dirt for about 7 hrs of rock crawling through some canyons in the Superstitions mtns here about a week before so I'm thinking a lot of crud worked it's way into the joint. I was about 20 miles from home when I heard the clicking and drove it home-only clicks I think when I turn left.

thx

Bob

Kinarfi

PS, look at Parts, Pieces, and Information for our Troopers & Joyners - UTV BOARD - Side X Side and UTV Forum for boot replacement numbers and suppliers.

Another thing I thought was interesting is when I pulled the axle from the diff, I expected it to pull out of the inside of the diff, have some gear lube poor out,etc..When I pulled the shaft, it had female splines on the diff end of the axle shaft and there is a splined shaft sticking out of the diff. I talked to Silverbullet Motorsports in Yuma, he said some of the diffs are set up that way. So, no circlip on the end of the shaft to slip into the diff-it just slides over the shaft sticking out of the diff.

Bob

Another thing I thought was interesting is when I pulled the axle from the diff, I expected it to pull out of the inside of the diff, have some gear lube poor out,etc..When I pulled the shaft, it had female splines on the diff end of the axle shaft and there is a splined shaft sticking out of the diff. I talked to Silverbullet Motorsports in Yuma, he said some of the diffs are set up that way. So, no circlip on the end of the shaft to slip into the diff-it just slides over the shaft sticking out of the diff.

Bob

Here's some photos of my diff WITH circlip 2395617720104282158INgXTK_th.jpg , at the axle end, there is an external circlip inside the CV bell holding the ball cage in.

Here's some photos of my CV 2335015560104282158WegSlq_th.jpg You can see where the circlip goes.

If you don't have a circlip, I think you need it, but I'm no expert. To get my CV off of the diff. I have to use a nail bar to pry it off. Only when my rear swing arm was dropping too far, did it come off easily, and always in a bad way and unwanted. :angry:

Hope things are working out for you.

Kinarfi

• 3 weeks later...

i just ripped out my front cv joints on the front end .

there are no retainer rings on the hub end which is strange

there were rings on the diff end

i also found 2 different size bearings in the same cv joint

so i have ordered both front axles which may take a while

Kinarfi

Food for thought I messed up a cv joint on my atv. I miked the only bearing I had left then I went to my local bearing house and ask which bearing came with that size of ball. It came from a common bearing such as a 6205. I purchased the bearing for under ten bucks. When I got home I zipped cut the bearing a part and then I used the balls in my cv joint. That was about five years ago. No problems yet.

Hi

Silverbullet i have 1 front c/v axle in stock.Should be able to get more if any body needs one.

Silverbullet.

We have 1 in stock call 928 344 2117.

I have a question for you Trooper owners. Any of you that have replaced shocks I would like to know what products you purchased what the pros. & cons are. How much did you pay total? Did you have to modify anything? Was it an easy install or, a pain in the butt? And what was the lenght did you choose and what was the travel of the shocks. Was a small resiovor needed?

We are in the process of creating a custom built shock for the Troopers Complete bolt on no modifacations needed.

We are looking to put out a reasonably priced product giving you a nice ride and good handling together.We have teamed up with AFCO shocks.Also T2-T4

Please reply asap,

Thanks

Silverbulletmotorsports .net

[email protected]

post-339-127610280274_thumb.jpg

Silverbullet.

We have 1 in stock call 928 344 2117.

I have a question for you Trooper owners. Any of you that have replaced shocks I would like to know what products you purchased what the pros. & cons are. How much did you pay total? Did you have to modify anything? Was it an easy install or, a pain in the butt? And what was the lenght did you choose and what was the travel of the shocks. Was a small resiovor needed?

We are in the process of creating a custom built shock for the Troopers Complete bolt on no modifacations needed.

We are looking to put out a reasonably priced product giving you a nice ride and good handling together.We have teamed up with AFCO shocks.Also T2-T4

Please reply asap,

Thanks

Silverbulletmotorsports .net

[email protected]

Rick, I have used a couple sets of King shocks on the trooper, no mods needed, just had to pick up a few new bolts, They work awesome

We were riding the majove trial in Arizona about four hours into the ride when the front end on our trooper developed a clicking sound in the front end. Pulled the right front wheel and took a hard look. Turned out to be brake pads riding up on the disc and then falling down against the stops. Only noticed this at low speed. Pulled all the wheels next day and applied anti squeak to the back of the discs. The noise was gone. Just a thought.

Happy Trails

We were riding the majove trial in Arizona about four hours into the ride when the front end on our trooper developed a clicking sound in the front end. Pulled the right front wheel and took a hard look. Turned out to be brake pads riding up on the disc and then falling down against the stops. Only noticed this at low speed. Pulled all the wheels next day and applied anti squeak to the back of the discs. The noise was gone. Just a thought.

Happy Trails

This is normal on race cars as the pads a left free to float. It is not a problem.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico