Quantcast

2020 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT Stop Sale

Kmrider

7 hours ago, Kmrider said:

This is from 2/19

88735F9E-FC0B-442C-9F90-DDEA3B3AA4E1.jpeg

Please tell me how to get one of these. I want to walk into my dealership with proof in hand. Now my fear is if they really didn't know, my machine will someday be released to me without this fix. Thanks!

We are having the same trouble. We purchased  a 2020 Kawaski Mule Feb 1st with the understanding that this was a short term problem. However it isn't a short term problem  and now we are having all sorts of problems with the Credit union that we got the loan from. They want insurance on the mule but the insurance company won't insure it until until the unit has been delivered to us.  We may have to cancel the loan. When we talked to the dealer they tried to help, but I feel that they shouldn't have sold us a unit that was on stop sale from the CPA. The CPA could take a year or two to clear up the problem. There are actually two stop sale issue on the mule the oil filter and the steering bearing.  The oil thing is an engineering issue with the engine; Kawaski has that fix in the CPA for approval. The steering bearing is a part manufacture issue. The part was poorly made in China and broke off in use. Now Kawaski will have to find another manufacturer (hopefully not in China). If they wait for China then they are also waiting for the Corona flu thing to get better too. Kawaski corporate has not been straight forward or helpful with these issues. They are unwilling to put forward any time frame for the fixes and have been very slow in giving their dealers/customers the information they need.  I have no idea when or how this will be resolved. I thought that i had done a good job for finding a reliable company to work with but am not so sure now. 

For those of you who have had your mule for some time? Are they reliable? Is this just a hiccup, or is Kawaski not a reliable company?

Please tell me how to get one of these. I want to walk into my dealership with proof in hand. Now my fear is if they really didn't know, my machine will someday be released to me without this fix. Thanks!

You should be able to print a copy of this letter and take it to your dealership.

I find it odd your dealership knows nothing of this recall?

5c16a7e26c767cc7ca652c15082a3460.jpg

I talked to my dealer yesterday also and they don’t know anything about the second recall either. They are saying that Kawasaki is not informing them of any of this. I’m going to call back today and send this over to them. 

I don’t understand how so many people are in the dark on this one. Is it possible or are they not telling us anything because they know it’s going to take a long time to correct?

I had a strangely interesting phone call last night around 9:00 p.m. This is long so bear with me.

A couple of weeks ago I called Kawasaki Customer Service to try and get some kind of information on the stop sale. The gentleman I spoke with was very nice but said he had absolutely no information to share. We talked a little bit about what a mess this was and at the end of the conversation he said he would call me back to update even if the update ment nothing had changed. As promised (much to my surprise) last night he did just that.

He told me nothing had changed but things COULD get moving in the next couple of weeks. When he said that I pressed him stating that in order to make a statement like that he MUST know something.  His reply was he didn't know anything it was just a "feeling" he had. He ended our conversation by saying he would call me again by March 18.

So there you have it. A little more Kawasaki cloak and dagger along with a date that is eerily close to the March 17 date a couple of other members have been given for no apparent reason. A bit of light at the end of the tunnel?

I do need to say how appreciative I am of the call. I have never owned a Kawasaki product before. If this is an indication of how things will be after this storm has passed, I think I will be a very satisfied customer. 

26 minutes ago, 2-8 said:

I had a strangely interesting phone call last night around 9:00 p.m. This is long so bear with me.

A couple of weeks ago I called Kawasaki Customer Service to try and get some kind of information on the stop sale. The gentleman I spoke with was very nice but said he had absolutely no information to share. We talked a little bit about what a mess this was and at the end of the conversation he said he would call me back to update even if the update ment nothing had changed. As promised (much to my surprise) last night he did just that.

He told me nothing had changed but things COULD get moving in the next couple of weeks. When he said that I pressed him stating that in order to make a statement like that he MUST know something.  His reply was he didn't know anything it was just a "feeling" he had. He ended our conversation by saying he would call me again by March 18.

So there you have it. A little more Kawasaki cloak and dagger along with a date that is eerily close to the March 17 date a couple of other members have been given for no apparent reason. A bit of light at the end of the tunnel?

I do need to say how appreciative I am of the call. I have never owned a Kawasaki product before. If this is an indication of how things will be after this storm has passed, I think I will be a very satisfied customer. 

They are calling me on a regular basis.  No news on progress though.  A phone call from earlier in the week I was just told they would call at the end of the month.  

I called Kawasaki Customer Service today and spoke with a representative just because. He said they were starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and were hopeful this mess would be cleared up by the end of the month. A pretty vague conversation. 

When finished he asked if there was anything else he could do for me today. I told him the there was and asked him not to take it as anything more than it was. I let him know that it was poor taste on Kawaswaki's part to make me and others in the same stop sale position (while on hold) listen to a recording of one of their pro riders exclaiming how much fun it is to "hit the trails on the weekend with your new Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT".

To quote Larry the Cable Guy. "Now that there's funny!"

51 minutes ago, 2-8 said:

I called Kawasaki Customer Service today and spoke with a representative just because. He said they were starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and were hopeful this mess would be cleared up by the end of the month. A pretty vague conversation. 

When finished he asked if there was anything else he could do for me today. I told him the there was and asked him not to take it as anything more than it was. I let him know that it was poor taste on Kawaswaki's part to make me and others in the same stop sale position (while on hold) listen to a recording of one of their pro riders exclaiming how much fun it is to "hit the trails on the weekend with your new Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT".

To quote Larry the Cable Guy. "Now that there's funny!"

Nice comment on the recording!  I really wish they could at least give some specifics of steps that need to happen.  It would help to understand at least how close they really are.

I was telling my wife a few days ago how ridiculous it is that I’m scouring the internet to find out details about why I can’t get this almost $16,000 machine that I’ve bought. There is SO little information that the people that have read this discussion board know more than most dealers. And what we’re left with from customer service is an arbitrary date that nobody understands. 

I’ve read posts on this topic that were a little abrasive in my opinion and thought, ‘I don’t believe I would’ve put that on a discussion board’, but the more I think about it, the more I understand. This isn’t a pair of boots I’m waiting on, this is a machine that’s more expensive than the car I drive to work everyday...there should be some kind of information relayed to the people who are waiting these things. 

I wish I wasn’t  so stubborn in my decision to own a Mule - I would buy something else and campaign for others to do so also.  

7 hours ago, West 5757 said:

I was telling my wife a few days ago how ridiculous it is that I’m scouring the internet to find out details about why I can’t get this almost $16,000 machine that I’ve bought. There is SO little information that the people that have read this discussion board know more than most dealers. And what we’re left with from customer service is an arbitrary date that nobody understands. 

I’ve read posts on this topic that were a little abrasive in my opinion and thought, ‘I don’t believe I would’ve put that on a discussion board’, but the more I think about it, the more I understand. This isn’t a pair of boots I’m waiting on, this is a machine that’s more expensive than the car I drive to work everyday...there should be some kind of information relayed to the people who are waiting these things. 

I wish I wasn’t  so stubborn in my decision to own a Mule - I would buy something else and campaign for others to do so also.  

Very very well said! Your sentiments have echoed mine exactly. 

The final paragraph speaks volumes. I have gone so far as to look at other machines. The only thing the Mule Pro FXT offers over it's competitors (for me) is the flexible seating/bed configuration which allows for a bit shorter wheel base. That is what drew me to this machine and what has made me stick it out through this insane situation. 

I have come to the realization that this too will pass, and it's better to hold my horses now than to be kicking myself in the butt later.

31 minutes ago, bartelso1975 said:

breather hose recall approved waiting on steering recall

I can expand on that a little. According to Kawasaki customer service,  stop sale fix #1 has indeed been approved. 

I must apologize because for the life of me I can't remember if stop sale #2 fix has been approved but I can share that because of the virus in China, Kawasaki is searching for someone who can manufacture the necessary parts here in the U.S.

6 minutes ago, West 5757 said:

Heard from my dealer today... he said that he was told parts could start shipping as early as next week... that is if the corona doesn’t stop sale the U.S.  

Did he happen to mention where the parts were coming from?

8 hours ago, bartelso1975 said:

any updates on the recalls? thanks

The only thing I can say is my dealer contacted me a couple of days ago. All he did was echo Kmrider's information which we already had. He did mention that Covid-19 could very easily stretch things out even more.