Quantcast

2020 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT Stop Sale

Kmrider

I spoke with Kawasaki customer service earlier this evening. They told me they had all of the parts necessary to take care of Stop Sale #1 (Fire Harzard). 

Stop Sale #2 (Steering Issue) is a bit more long winded. COVID-19 is definitely playing a role in slowing things down. However, they have found a manufacturer in Taiwan who is going to start supplying the parts needed for the fix although not in the numbers they had hoped for. The first shipment is supposed to arrive the first week of April with weekly shipments coming in after that.

Kawasaki is still trying to find a manufacturer here in the U.S. that can expedite the situation. 

It is anyone's guess which dealers will receive parts first.

1 hour ago, Jacob said:

I talked to the parts department at my dealer and they ordered my parts for the recall this last Thursday and said they should be there on Tuesdays. So parts are on there way in and I should be getting mine this next week.  

I am considering this to be bragging!

3 hours ago, lakebob said:

My dealer told me (yesterday) that parts were still not available and were at least 2 weeks out...  frustrating - don't know what to believe.

Unfortunately, my dealer just said (today) "several weeks". I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't have any idea who to believe anymore.

My salesman told me they were not allowed to order them until the 27th and that was only for utvs that were already sold.   My dealer put me down as an owner and got them coming in.   Either way I should find out Wednesday  if everything is in and they are repairing it.   If we are allowed to leave our houses.  Hahaha. 

2 hours ago, Jacob said:

My salesman told me they were not allowed to order them until the 27th and that was only for utvs that were already sold.   My dealer put me down as an owner and got them coming in.   Either way I should find out Wednesday  if everything is in and they are repairing it.   If we are allowed to leave our houses.  Hahaha. 

Does this mean those of us that made a stop sale deposit a few months back are now bottom feeders for parts availability?

I did the same thing.   I guess it just depends what your dealer does and how your dealer considers you.   I would say if you put a deposite down on the unit then you are technically an owner. And that's how my dealer considered me.  That's not to say yours will do the same.  

Got a call from Kawasaki Customer Service

this evening...she told me that:

1) both the corrections had been approved (already knew that from this forum)

2) they have parts sourced for the engine fire problem (knew that also)

3) they would know more about the parts for the steering column hopefully by the end of the month (contradicts what other members on here are being told).

I guess we should rejoice in the small victories but it appears that my local dealership will be closed for a while due to the Coronavirus...unless they start selling the essentials - groceries, drugs or alcohol. 

Update on the status of our 2020 Mule purchase.  We had to undp our loan.  The credit union couldn't support a loan on a unit that was no in our possession and not insured by us.  Our dealer  called us last week. and said that the parts were approved by the FCPA  and the they should be coming in soon.- next 2-3 weeks. So if all things go as expected we should have our mule by the first part of April.  we, of course will have to redo the loan. 

Just from an engineering / manufacturing point of view (I'm electrical, so grain of salt here) the cover should be a stamped piece, or maybe even molded - same difference, you make one and then you make 10000. the steering shaft, now that has to be cut, maybe turned, maybe threaded, Someone has to touch each one - that's the part that's going to be as rare as TP (sorry) - Since i got ya, I have put every incentive dollar into dressing my pro-fx out; adventure package and curtis plow. I am coming unglued waiting for it.