Quantcast

2020 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT Stop Sale

Kmrider

On 3/27/2020 at 10:15 PM, Daniel Tully said:

Just from an engineering / manufacturing point of view (I'm electrical, so grain of salt here) the cover should be a stamped piece, or maybe even molded - same difference, you make one and then you make 10000. the steering shaft, now that has to be cut, maybe turned, maybe threaded, Someone has to touch each one - that's the part that's going to be as rare as TP (sorry) - Since i got ya, I have put every incentive dollar into dressing my pro-fx out; adventure package and curtis plow. I am coming unglued waiting for it.

Incentive dollats of 500 parts and 500 cash dont go far. 

I believe the issue Kawasaki was initially having was they cannot post a Recall until approved by the Feds. Through December and January, the Feds were very slow to respond to the paperwork. Once they got it approved, the second approval was very quick. Now just to wait on the parts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bruce40 said:

Incentive dollats of 500 parts and 500 cash dont go far. 

It's a number they picked, oddly enough the lowest number they could and still keep some customers - personally, I got $500 accessory, 500 cash, 500 time to ride, 500 Kawi Kash and 250 veteran discount. it doesn't make the waiting any easier, but...

I want to take a moment to thank each and every forum member who have posted on this thread. You guys have provided me with so much more information than my dealer or Kawasaki. I would be remiss if I didn't mention a couple of chuckles along the way as well.

I truly appreciate your taking the time and making the effort to share the information you have gathered. 

• Like 1

A recall is a big deal, some more than others. I started in a medical device manufacturer and still want to say the 'R word'. The conspiracy part of me thinks they knew about the steering shaft for a while and just told people 'you were abusing it'.  Later, they started getting reports of fires in the winter 'I  was just pushing snow and it started on fire' is a hard argument. so now you have to talk to the gov't, who you tell the second week 'since we're such a responsible company, and we already have the paperwork going - give us a chance to fix this steering shaft that people are abusing'. I would guess they had the tooling drawn up and scheduled the time at the factory before December for delivery in Feb/Mar. Then things didn't quite work out... for any of us.

1 hour ago, Volzalum said:

I believe the issue Kawasaki was initially having was they cannot post a Recall until approved by the Feds. Through December and January, the Feds were very slow to respond to the paperwork. Once they got it approved, the second approval was very quick. Now just to wait on the parts

My suspicion is that Kawi knew they had the steering issue so they stalled the first recall on purpose  (utilizing slow government process to their advantage) until steering fix was figured out.  The part they didn’t anticipate is the Coronavirus messing up their cheap manufacturing sources.  I bet they could have paid more to another manufacturer and already have parts, but now Coronavirus has the whole world messed up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel Tully said:

It's a number they picked, oddly enough the lowest number they could and still keep some customers - personally, I got $500 accessory, 500 cash, 500 time to ride, 500 Kawi Kash and 250 veteran discount. it doesn't make the waiting any easier, but...

what is $500  kawi kash? thanks

8 minutes ago, bartelso1975 said:

what is $500  kawi kash? thanks

I went to a motorcycle show and got a voucher/coupon that I had to validate online - when I told the dealer i went to the show, he sighed and said 'let me guess..' - That's when I said I wanted the veterans discount too. Guess i can't claim to never even taken a free meal for being a vet anymore. Oddly enough, they never asked me for the online code. 

4 hours ago, Daniel Tully said:

I went to a motorcycle show and got a voucher/coupon that I had to validate online - when I told the dealer i went to the show, he sighed and said 'let me guess..' - That's when I said I wanted the veterans discount too. Guess i can't claim to never even taken a free meal for being a vet anymore. Oddly enough, they never asked me for the online code. 

good for you and thanks for your service to our country 

Edited by bartelso1975
spelling

4 hours ago, Daniel Tully said:

I say it wasn't free. It was earned!

58 minutes ago, West 5757 said:

I wonder how many units they have sold already waiting for the kits? Surely we will be the ones getting them first?

I can't remember the number, but they did give me one. It was for sure between 2000-3000. I made the comment I was surprised it wasn't more than that. They said many people gave up and went to something else including two of their customers. 

I guess many people don't have our patience (or ignorance) depending on how you look at it. Lol!

3 hours ago, 2-8 said:
Just now, 2-8 said:

They are located in Nashville, Illinois. 

My dealer (Illinois) recieved three kits today. Unfortunately,  I am number seven in line to get one. At least things are finally starting to happen.

where at in illnois is your dealer- my dealer is in salem illinois

hohlzauers  is that steering recall parts- did the dealership tell you that? dang I would think atv's and more would get some soon. keep me updated and thanks

2 minutes ago, bartelso1975 said:

where at in illnois is your dealer- my dealer is in salem illinois

hohlzauers  is that steering recall parts- did the dealership tell you that? dang I would think atv's and more would get some soon. keep me updated and thanks

A while back they told me they had the parts for the breather issue in stock. The three kits they recieved are for the steering issue. They said they would be installing all parts immediately  and I have now moved from number 7 to number 4. I will be happy to post when I hear anything else. Good luck!

• Like 1

Just now, 2-8 said:

A while back they told me they had the parts for the breather issue in stock. The three kits they recieved are for the steering issue. They said they would be installing all parts immediately  and I have now moved from number 7 to number 4. I will be happy to post when I hear anything else. Good luck!

thanks for the info - I will let you know if we get our mule - happy easter

• Like 1

I spoke to my dealership yesterday - they actually called me.  They have more than 20 units sold waiting on the parts, but they told me I am near top of list based on my purchase date - I guess they are treating parts as first sold, first gets parts,  Anyway, they told me parts are shipped and should be here next week at latest if they don’t arrive today or tomorrow.