Quantcast

Differential upgrade kits

Guest Lenny

I have been getting a lot of interest in the diff upgrade kit that I made up some time ago to correct the front and rear diff problems. I made up 20 kits and have sold all of them to members of this forum. At that time all those that wanted them got them so I didn't make up another batch as I put a fair amount of money into the required shims. Even though it only takes 7 or 8 shims to do the job, until the diff is apart it's not possible to know what thickness shims will be needed so I's necessary to send a fairly large asortment to fit all conditions. This includes multiple shims for 10 different places in the diffs. The kit also replaces the weaker metric grade 8 bolts with metric grade 12 along with changing the ring gear installation process for a much stronger assembly. I've decided to see if there are enough trooper owners and possibly commander owners (I think the commande diff is the same but check with someone who knows) that are interested in purchasing kits to warrant doing another batch. The kits will run $135 per diff and comes with complete instructions. Each trooper will require 2 kits if you do both the front and rear which is recommended. I will require a $35 deposit per kit from those wanting them. I don't want your money now but just let me know if you would buy kit(s). If I get enough, I will contact you for a deposit then. It will take about a month to pull everything together before I could ship a which time I'll require the balance prior to shipping. I'll pay all shipping cost for USA and Canada. If your interested it seeing the instructions so you can see what is involved, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a word file of the instructions.

With Joyner gone, hopefully temperarily, If we all work together, everything will be OK. If you don't want to do your own diff, there is a member dealer on the forum ( snowman 6479 ) that will do a upgrade for you if you send it to them. Their not using my kit other then they are welcome to it. I don't know what all they are doing and don't think they are changing out the weaker bolts but I may be wrong. Either way you should address the diff weakness problems or you may be in expensive trouble.

Lenny

I think he is talking about snowman 6479

Thanks Plumber. I ment to go back and put that in there but I was in the new topic window and forgot. Their not using my kit other then they are welcome to it. I don't know what all they are doing and don't think they are changing out the weaker bolts but I may be wrong. I'm providing multiple shims for 10 different places in the diff. also.

Lenny

Hello all,

I have a '08 Trooper T2 and am interested in making the necessary changes to keep my vehicle running for as long as it can. How do I tell if my diff. needs this upgrade? I've already changed both of the seals where the CV inserts into the diff. They were leaking due to the diff. mounting bolt coming loose...and unaware I drove around like this for awhile. When I changed the seals I propped the rear end of the trooper up on some jacks and gave it some gas so the bolt would spin in the diff. After examining the new seals while my friend hit the gas I could see the rod spinning oblong. Not sure if this part can be replaced....does this part come with the upgrade your offering Lenny.

Hello all,

I have a '08 Trooper T2 and am interested in making the necessary changes to keep my vehicle running for as long as it can. How do I tell if my diff. needs this upgrade? I've already changed both of the seals where the CV inserts into the diff. They were leaking due to the diff. mounting bolt coming loose...and unaware I drove around like this for awhile. When I changed the seals I propped the rear end of the trooper up on some jacks and gave it some gas so the bolt would spin in the diff. After examining the new seals while my friend hit the gas I could see the rod spinning oblong. Not sure if this part can be replaced....does this part come with the upgrade your offering Lenny.

I'm not understanding what was spinning oblong. All 2008 have diffs that are very loose in clearances. The shafts can slop around and the pinion gear to ring gear is generally not aligned good or allowed to move in and out of alignment which can damage the gears. The gear teeth are tapered from one end to the other. If their not aligned correctly, a wider portion of one gear is trying to mesh into a narrower space between the gears of the other gear or vise versa. This puts an extreamly high amount of stress on the gears. In my case, mine started chipping the teeth. Several things contribute to the misalignment. Send me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the upgrade installation instructions and it will all become clear as to just what is going on and what the kit includes. Keep in mind that I don't have kits currently available and they won't be unless enough people request them.

Lenny

Guest Lenny

I would like to get a front diff upgrade kit if you could supply one. I have already replaced my rear one with the newer version so I hope that one will last.

I've run out of the kits some time ago. If I get enough interest, I'll make up some more. I'll keep you in mine and contact you if and when that time comes. If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send you a copy of the kit installation instructions so you can get a better idea of just what is covered with the kit.

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get a front diff upgrade kit if you could supply one. I have already replaced my rear one with the newer version so I hope that one will last.

Hey Guys,

My names Alex and I actually worked for Team Joyner till we shut down. If you are needing any parts, no limits bought a nice inventory of parts before closing. They basically bought all of the Differential parts available for the vehicles so if you need one for the front, I am sure they still have them. Also, a company out of Indianapolis I believe is working a deal with purchasing parts from the factory and they will be opening a warehouse in Phoenix or Mesa Arizona from what I am being told. Even though if you run out of parts, people are trying to get them.

Hey Guys,

My names Alex and I actually worked for Team Joyner till we shut down. If you are needing any parts, no limits bought a nice inventory of parts before closing. They basically bought all of the Differential parts available for the vehicles so if you need one for the front, I am sure they still have them. Also, a company out of Indianapolis I believe is working a deal with purchasing parts from the factory and they will be opening a warehouse in Phoenix or Mesa Arizona from what I am being told. Even though if you run out of parts, people are trying to get them.

As of now I am not selling any of the ring and pinions, I may change that soon.. but for now I will be building all my broken pile of diffs I have here

Jarrad

Hello all,

Ditto - I have a 2009 and want to keep it going - not sure if I need the kit but I'll pay for two anyways - PM sent.

I've run out of the kits some time ago. If I get enough interest, I'll make up some more. I'll keep you in mine and contact you if and when that time comes. If you want to PM me your email address, I'll send you a copy of the kit installation instructions so you can get a better idea of just what is covered with the kit.

Lenny

I have an 09 trooper t2, no problems with the diffs yet but would be interested in beefing them up. Could you would send me a copy of the installation instructions. My e-mail is; [email protected] Thanks David

I have been getting a lot of interest in the diff upgrade kit that I made up some time ago to correct the front and rear diff problems. I made up 20 kits and have sold all of them to members of this forum. At that time all those that wanted them got them so I didn't make up another batch as I put a fair amount of money into the required shims. Even though it only takes 7 or 8 shims to do the job, until the diff is apart it's not possible to know what thickness shims will be needed so I's necessary to send a fairly large asortment to fit all conditions. This includes multiple shims for 10 different places in the diffs. The kit also replaces the weaker metric grade 8 bolts with metric grade 12 along with changing the ring gear installation process for a much stronger assembly. I've decided to see if there are enough trooper owners and possibly commander owners (I think the commande diff is the same but check with someone who knows) that are interested in purchasing kits to warrant doing another batch. The kits will run $135 per diff and comes with complete instructions. Each trooper will require 2 kits if you do both the front and rear which is recommended. I will require a $35 deposit per kit from those wanting them. I don't want your money now but just let me know if you would buy kit(s). If I get enough, I will contact you for a deposit then. It will take about a month to pull everything together before I could ship a which time I'll require the balance prior to shipping. I'll pay all shipping cost for USA and Canada. If your interested it seeing the instructions so you can see what is involved, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a word file of the instructions.

With Joyner gone, hopefully temperarily, If we all work together, everything will be OK. If you don't want to do your own diff, there is a member dealer on the forum ( snowman 6479 ) that will do a upgrade for you if you send it to them. Their not using my kit other then they are welcome to it. I don't know what all they are doing and don't think they are changing out the weaker bolts but I may be wrong. Either way you should address the diff weakness problems or you may be in expensive trouble.

Lenny

Hi i just bought a 09 joyner trooper and im interested in seeing the upgrade kit for the diffs my email address is [email protected] thanks