Quantcast

Milage and how did u here of the Joyners

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2008 I happen to drive by the local dealer (at that time but has since given up) and saw the Joyners in front of the business. Bought one and took it home the next day. I got about 150 miles between work sessions to fix problems. Models after the 2008 had a lot of upgrades that I had to work thu. Sold it at about 1500 miles.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thanx for the reply I found out about them on eBay and google one night when I was looking for a rock crawler or jeep if some kind. Thought it would be a good entry level machine for me being its automotive closeness. I've gone back and fourth about keeping it I'm just concerned with longevity

4000 on my 2009 T-2 with a turbo it has been a great machine for me.My brother in-law got one in 2009 and took me for a ride and I had to get one.I'v made alot of changes to it and it keeps up with the xp and the wildcat in the dunes.

No, I was there just doing my own thing, Hell's Revenge, Fins & Thing, Porcupine rim, Steel Bender, and a trip around the LaSals (117 Miles according to my GPS) + a stop at G. R. to see Crystal Geyser and another MP295.5 and headed west to Smiths cabin and then to neat little place at N 38° 57.6304' W 110° 24.5416' and on the way out, found an old mine that would make a nice cool place to eat lunch for the kids in some of the caves around N38°58'51.56" W110°22'11.56"

If any one wants a GPX file, drop me a PM with and address and I'll send you one or two of them

Kinarfi

Only have 800 on mine bought it with 600. I seen one at a guys house that was selling them close to me. Thought how kook would it be. Always wanted one and found a guy that traded me my dodge diesel 1996 cummins with a built auto tranny. He was from Missouri. Drove my truck down with my Durango on a trailer. Picked it up and drove home. Been fun and some work. But all in all pretty good machine.

got mine in 2010. my employer at the time was also a dealer (although I worked for a different division). he brought in 6 of them in 2008 and had a real hard time selling them. when joyner went out of business in 2010 he dropped the line and let me have the 2 demo models for almost nothing just to get rid of them. both units were in need of some pretty major repairs. I took them home and used one unit to fix the other and got the rest of the parts from Mudslinger motorsports up here in Alberta, Canada. I now have 1600 miles on one unit and the other is still a parts donor. I have fixed it up so that its pretty reliable but sometimes I just get tired of wrenching on it. front trans output seal went on the last ride so now its back to the shop and the tools again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I first saw Joyners at a dealer near Little Rock, AR. I purchased my 2009 R2 from No Limits Powersports in Arlington, TX.

I currently have about 800 miles on it. While I like my Renegade I am just disappointed in the way the dealership network fell apart after Team USA went bankrupt. I had hoped to see more Joyners sold.

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to buy another Quad two seater for the wife and we ran across the T4 and she wanted it. That was April 2008. Mileage not sure 800 maybe but a tough 800 of the greatest Baja has to offer. I now have a great place to go to have work done on it, and it is turning out to be a great pre run vehicle.

I have gotten frustrated and have almost sold it twice but I love it more even though it is broke a lot.

The list of repairs of what people have done is awesome, one reason I keep it.

1800 miles on mine, saw it for sale at a house on highway that i commute on for 100 miles daily that was in 2011 it had 150 miles i snatched it up right away because i was looking for go cart or small utv buggy whatever with manual transmission...all i could find was roketa and bms then when i saw the t2 i saw it was 4x4 and bigger engine... i fell in love seeing it and just HAD to have it! When my rear diff went. everyone told me to put new one in and sell it. I'm thinking NOT! I got it fixed and the renegade gearing is great for the big tires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4800 miles on my T2. I have made a lot of changes, full cab with jeep like windows in the doors, new induction for the Turbo which has two large air filters, added a remote oil filter unit which has two large filters which require a gallon more oil, mud flaps, limit straps, diff up grade, tapered wheel bears. I really like the concept and layout of the machine but I am very tired of this thing always breaking down.

4800 miles on my T2. I have made a lot of changes, full cab with jeep like windows in the doors, new induction for the Turbo which has two large air filters, added a remote oil filter unit which has two large filters which require a gallon more oil, mud flaps, limit straps, diff up grade, tapered wheel bears. I really like the concept and layout of the machine but I am very tired of this thing always breaking down.

I'm curious what kept breaking?

I had the rear diff go out, three CV joints, I have a constant over heating issue if I run it 40 mph or over for a length of time, i had the throttle cable come apart from the inside, and now another issue with the rear diff and I don't race it or run the dunes I just hunt and trail ride.

Three cv joints??? Rear diff, then more problems with the diff???

Holy cow. I've got 7k miles on mine, run it regularly at it's top speed of 60 mph and no probs. I also do a lot of back trail rides - really rough or almost non driveable roads twice a week.

The stock boots are crap. Mine went after 1k. Replaced them immediately and no probs with the cv joints. Replace my diff oil regularly on rear diff (every second oil change) and also no prob.

My biggest problem are tiny but annoying things, which I make better when I fix them.

Muaythai1 i would recommend increase coolant capacity or increase air flow to your radiator or even better.. do both

For cv that depends.. my cv went out but that's because i let it throw grease everywhere then get dry when boot got torn up. Diff should be shimmed to make sure that don't happen again. I don't know how tinman went so long without shim unless he already have shimmed his diff. I shimmed both front and rear diffs and noticed it improved the tolerance a lot.

Tinman, I had the same problem with the boots so I replaced them also. I change the diff oil every fall as well as a complete service because the winter is when I use it most. Nocturnalsixer I had the diff up graded after it went out the first time, as far being shimmed I don't know if that is part of the up grade. I have added a larger fan with higher cfm. I sealed the fan shroud to ensure all air was being drawn through the rad. I took the rad off and flushed the coolant system to eliminate any blockage. I am looking for a larger rad but haven't found one as of now.

I want to thank you guys for you time and help.

Tinman, I had the same problem with the boots so I replaced them also. I change the diff oil every fall as well as a complete service because the winter is when I use it most. Nocturnalsixer I had the diff up graded after it went out the first time, as far being shimmed I don't know if that is part of the up grade. I have added a larger fan with higher cfm. I sealed the fan shroud to ensure all air was being drawn through the rad. I took the rad off and flushed the coolant system to eliminate any blockage. I am looking for a larger rad but haven't found one as of now.

I want to thank you guys for you time and help.

Muaythai i have overheating problem also if i stay over 50-55 for few miles.. i bought an bigger radiator that Lenny recommended, i still haven't installed it because i never got to it and i still need to figure out how to do radiator hoses that's different sizes between engine and new radiator. When i get that done i might will do a thread

Did all you did - 3000cfm fan, but you need to use the shims to get the diff clearences right, just buy Lenny's kit.

Mine (08) runs anywhere from 160 - 200 at 60mph depending on how hot it is down here in Central america, 140 - 160 down low. Super hot day heading to beach, I was running 210 after 2 hours at 60mph no problem.

but i know the rad will boil over at 230.

I got this one but i can't believe the price went up I think i got it for like 200 i can't remember that was a bit over a year ago

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=380452931454

Mine looks exactly like that... 27x19x2.5thick

http://db.tt/iPPX1xcP

http://db.tt/MM9VDuEx

http://db.tt/IYLN1aiq

There's also mounting holes on back of radiator for fans... i don't know if i can fit two fans there

I have had my radiator boil out once when my fan fuse blew and I was rushing home before it got hot but as I got home, the overflow coolant tank shot cloud of steam out bottom out of overfill relief and that scared me so much i thought i blew up the cooling system and probably hurt the engine